Chael Sonnen may have lost Saturday night at UFC 159, but he is far from a beaten man.

The recent light heavyweight title challenger was dominated by reigning champion Jon Jones in their April 27 headliner, falling in a first-round technical knockout at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Though speculation surfaced following the bout that Sonnen might hang up his gloves for good, the 36-year-old recently silenced those rumors during his Tuesday appearance on “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

“I’ll fight at 205 [pounds]. I’m not retiring,” Sonnen said. “I have a lot of goals, and I’m not going to reach them if I retire.”

Sonnen found himself on the defensive from the opening moments of his clash with Jones, as the champion closed the distance and worked from the clinch while mixing in takedown attempts.

“This was like getting into a bear cage. This guy was a monster of a man,” said Sonnen. “We weighed in at the same size the day before, and I don’t know how that was possible. As far as the match went, I got beat up.”

Jones put Sonnen on his back three times in the opening stanza and managed to hold him there near the end of the round, when “Bones” unloaded with a barrage of punches and elbows that forced referee Keith Peterson to halt the contest.

“I was going to have to grind him down. I could see he poses a lot of problems. He’s big, he’s strong, and he’s got the wing span of a radioactive condor,” said Sonnen. “I knew he’d take me down, but I never thought that he could take me down repeatedly. That was a surprise. And the fact that he tried so quickly, I was thrown off a little.”

Unbeknown to Jones in the midst of record-tying fifth consecutive title defense, he had actually suffered an open fracture dislocation to his left big toe during the bout. Should Sonnen have survived that first-round onslaught, the championship likely would have changed hands due to Jones’ injury, resulting in a technical knockout win for Sonnen.

“Diplomatically, you don’t ever want to win that way,” said Sonnen. “The ones that hurt are the ones you’re supposed to win and then you blow it. But if it was given to me, I would have grabbed that belt, held it up, grabbed the mic and told the crowd the golden rule is ‘he with the gold rules,’ and I would have walked out of that place and never looked back.”

With the Jones defeat now behind him, Sonnen has his sights set on another veteran in former Pride Fighting Championships titlist Wanderlei Silva.

“Wanderlei called me out before, but the fight never made sense. Now it does,” said Sonnen. “I’m not going anywhere until me and Wanderlei straighten this thing out once and for all. Wanderlei pulled a dirt bag move on me one time. He said something to me that I couldn’t hear and then put it on YouTube with subtitles because he knew I couldn’t understand it and called me out. If you’re a fighter, that doesn’t fly. You must respond to him, and I’m ready to respond to you, Wanderlei.”

'McGregorMania' Reaches New Heights with Nutty Bettings Odds for Jose Aldo Fight

The entire MMA universe seems to have lost its mind over the upcoming UFC featherweight title unification bout between Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor. Promoters have become fans. Fans have become zealo read news >>

Updated: 'Wandy' offers no evidence to support fixed-fight claims, faces lawsuit over comments

It’s no secret that Wanderlei Silva is not fond of the UFC or its management. The former PRIDE and UFC star has been lashing out at UFC officials since running out of a gym to avoid a NSAC drug test read news >>

Matt Brown thinks Jon Jones would win the UFC heavyweight title

UFC welterweight slugger Matt Brown doesn't think any fighter has what it takes to beat Jon Jones. Jon Jones may be absent from the Octagon and social media but he's certainly not been missing from t read news >>

Matt Brown: No one has a chance against Jon Jones at light heavyweight ... or even at heavyweight

I'm sure a few big men might take exception to this bold statement .... Matt Brown has a very high opinion of former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight champion, Jon Jones. In fac read news >>

Magny Back to Face Silva on Aug. 23

Following a UFC 190 defeat against Demian Maia that snapped his seven-fight winning streak, welterweight contender Neil Magny will waste no time trying to start a new one, as he faces Brazil's read news >>

Video: Tito Ortiz sides with Wanderlei Silva, insists UFC 148 loss to Forrest Griffin was 'fixed'

"Wanderlei (Silva) talking about fixed fights. I dunno, I agree with him because I kick Forrest (Griffin's) ass the third time we fought. I knocked him down three times, I took him down four times, I read news >>

Knuckle Up #353: UFC FN, OSP v. Teixeira, Jon Jones on The Long Slide + why this show is what it is

Literary gunslinger Eugene S. Robinson lends his "one"-of-a-"kind" "perspective" to a KNUCKLE UP only for KNUCKLE UP OBSESSIVES, filmed in a border town from some unknown locale on a completely sketc read news >>

Opinion: Sara McMann is as important as ever for Women's MMA despite her Nashville loss

Sara McMann may have lost her fight with Amanda Nunes at UFN in Nashville, but the divisional war still needs her if it hopes to remain coherent. Three years ago, Invicta decided to put Shayna Baszle read news >>

Glory 23 post-fight analysis: Fights to make for the main card fighters

Play matchmaker in the wake of Glory 23, as Bloody Elbow predicts what is next for the main card fighters. Glory 23 Las Vegas is a wrap, and what was not the most star-studded event on paper ended up read news >>

Wanderlei Silva: Ronda Rousey 'has to' fight Cris Cyborg

TMZ spoke to the MMA legend and got his opinion on Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg. TMZ caught up with Wanderlei Silva and got his thoughts on a potential Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg bout. Silva says t read news >>