Chael Sonnen may have lost Saturday night at UFC 159, but he is far from a beaten man.

The recent light heavyweight title challenger was dominated by reigning champion Jon Jones in their April 27 headliner, falling in a first-round technical knockout at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Though speculation surfaced following the bout that Sonnen might hang up his gloves for good, the 36-year-old recently silenced those rumors during his Tuesday appearance on “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

“I’ll fight at 205 [pounds]. I’m not retiring,” Sonnen said. “I have a lot of goals, and I’m not going to reach them if I retire.”

Sonnen found himself on the defensive from the opening moments of his clash with Jones, as the champion closed the distance and worked from the clinch while mixing in takedown attempts.

“This was like getting into a bear cage. This guy was a monster of a man,” said Sonnen. “We weighed in at the same size the day before, and I don’t know how that was possible. As far as the match went, I got beat up.”

Jones put Sonnen on his back three times in the opening stanza and managed to hold him there near the end of the round, when “Bones” unloaded with a barrage of punches and elbows that forced referee Keith Peterson to halt the contest.

“I was going to have to grind him down. I could see he poses a lot of problems. He’s big, he’s strong, and he’s got the wing span of a radioactive condor,” said Sonnen. “I knew he’d take me down, but I never thought that he could take me down repeatedly. That was a surprise. And the fact that he tried so quickly, I was thrown off a little.”

Unbeknown to Jones in the midst of record-tying fifth consecutive title defense, he had actually suffered an open fracture dislocation to his left big toe during the bout. Should Sonnen have survived that first-round onslaught, the championship likely would have changed hands due to Jones’ injury, resulting in a technical knockout win for Sonnen.

“Diplomatically, you don’t ever want to win that way,” said Sonnen. “The ones that hurt are the ones you’re supposed to win and then you blow it. But if it was given to me, I would have grabbed that belt, held it up, grabbed the mic and told the crowd the golden rule is ‘he with the gold rules,’ and I would have walked out of that place and never looked back.”

With the Jones defeat now behind him, Sonnen has his sights set on another veteran in former Pride Fighting Championships titlist Wanderlei Silva.

“Wanderlei called me out before, but the fight never made sense. Now it does,” said Sonnen. “I’m not going anywhere until me and Wanderlei straighten this thing out once and for all. Wanderlei pulled a dirt bag move on me one time. He said something to me that I couldn’t hear and then put it on YouTube with subtitles because he knew I couldn’t understand it and called me out. If you’re a fighter, that doesn’t fly. You must respond to him, and I’m ready to respond to you, Wanderlei.”

Daniel Cormier Responds to Jon Jones' Comments

UFC fighter Daniel Cormier apparently did not appreciate that Jon Jones called him a coward when he appeared on The MMA Hour on Monday (h/t Shaun Al-Shatti of MMAFighting.com). Cormier took to Twitte read news >>

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier battle on Twitter after 'D.C.' offers to train Saint Preux

Daniel Cormier’s injury kept him out of his planned UFC 197 title defense against longtime rival Jon Jones, but the light heavyweight champ wasn’t quite ready to remove himself from the picture entir read news >>

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier Hot Tweets: Liars, Cowards, and Junkies… Oh My!

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier may not be fighting at UFC 197 as planned, but that hasn't stopped them from continuing to trash each other on Twitter. read news >>

Rashad Evans asked for Jon Jones rematch, but UFC on FOX 19 booking nixed that

Rashad Evans definitely wanted another crack at Jon Jones and asked the UFC for the opportunity. The problem was, as it often is, bad timing.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, read news >>

UFC 197 headliner Jon Jones pleads not guilty to drag racing charges in New Mexico

Jon Jones is fighting a quintet of traffic citations that triggered a brief jail stint this past week, but they won’t get in the way of his interim title fight at UFC 197. Jones has plead not guilty read news >>

Jon Jones Pleads Not Quilty to Drag Racing, Hires a Driver

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has pleaded not guilty to drag racing and the four other citations recently issued to him in Albuquerque, N.M. read news >>

The Question: Did UFC Make a Mistake Booking Jon Jones vs. Ovince Saint Preux?

It’s a story MMA fans have grown distressingly used to hearing—news of a hotly anticipated fight canceled at the 11th hour, followed immediately by the obligatory news of a short-notice replacement. read news >>

Cerrone offers to fight Nurmagomedov – but so, too, does UFC champ dos Anjos

For a guy who just lost his opponent a few weeks before a UFC headliner, Khabib Nurmagomedov sure seems to have plenty of options.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jon Jones: OSP beating me would be 'greatest day' of UFC champ Daniel Cormier's life

Don’t let Jon Jones’ recent Twitter battle with rival Daniel Cormier cause any confusion: “Bones” is 100 percent focused on new UFC 197 opponent Ovince Saint Preux, he said.Filed under: Featured, New read news >>

Jon Jones Comments on Daniel Cormier, Ovince Saint Preux Ahead of UFC 197 Fight

UFC star Jon Jones thinks that if he were to lose to Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197, it would be the "greatest day" of Daniel Cormier's life. Saint Preux is set to take on Jones for the interim light read news >>