Chael SonnenPound-for-pound rankings are subjective, but there’s a uniform consistency among pound-for-pound rankings that UFC middleweight titleholder Anderson Silva is at the top of the list.

Unless you ask Chael P. Sonnen.

Sonnen (27-12-1) has faced Silva twice and lost both times.  He takes on UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in the UFC 159 main event on April 27 and believes Jones is much better than Silva.

“Look, here’s the reality with Anderson.  I stomped that guy, and you can pick up his little arm as many times as you want and call him the winner, but the fact is I whipped his ass for 30 minutes.  He got to jump on me for less than 30 seconds.  He never knocked me down.  I fell down.  They say Anderson’s the best pound-for-pound.  He’s not the best round-for-round,” said Sonnen during a media conference call on Monday.

“I have three 10-8 rounds my entire career.  I’ve fought 49 men.  Three rounds of my whole life are 10-8.  That’s gymnastics’ equivalent to a perfect 10.  It doesn’t happen in this sport. I doubt anyone on this call even has a 10-8 round (Jon Jones, Michael Bisping, and Alan Belcher were also on the call).  I have three of them.  They’re all against Anderson Silva. So, if you think Jon and Anderson are even close, I will run through Jon because I ran through Anderson,” said Sonnen.

“I don’t think they’re close.  I think Jon is considerably better than Anderson.”

If the stars align with Silva winning his next fight and Jones winning his next two, a superfight between Jones and Silva could happen. Sonnen doesn’t subscribe to the thinking that Silva can beat Jones.

“Sometimes I hear that I don’t deserve this fight, or that I’m not the right guy, but then I hear that Anderson can beat him.  You’ve got to be kidding me.  I stomped Anderson Silva, twice.”

Dana White Talks About Anderson Silva Being 'Mistreated'

Dana White believes Anderson Silva's recent comments on being disrespected by the UFC are ridiculous.Following Jose Aldo, MMA legend Anderson Silva has become the latest Brazilian fighter to ope read news >>

Awaiting His Day In Court, Jon Jones Chokes Out Ordinary People | FIGHTLAND

These are heady times for Jon Jones, the UFC's longtime undisputed and somehow-still interim light heavyweight champion. He's scheduled to meet with the US Anti-Doping Agency on Oct. 31 for an arbitr read news >>

Caraway shoulders blame for Tate's title loss, believes she's better fighter than Nunes

UFC bantamweight contender Bryan Caraway has long served as girlfriend Miesha Tate’s head coach. And while Caraway is certainly prone to his fair share of criticism as a fighter, he’s heaping some up read news >>

Anderson Silva backing down from recent criticism of UFC, offers brief apology to Dana White

As far as apologies go, Anderson Silva’s wasn’t exactly a major one. But a sorry is a sorry, and “The Spider” certainly took a step back from recent comments that were critical of the UFC. Filed unde read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz set for Jan. 21 in California as Bellator 170 headliner

As expected, “The Bad Guy” will indeed face “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.”Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz Set for Bellator in Los Angeles |

Chael Sonnen will make his Bellator debut against none other than Tito Ortiz, officials confirmed on Tuesday evening. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Announced for Bellator 170: Comments, Reaction

Bellator will have perhaps the biggest night in its promotion history Jan. 21, when Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen headline Bellator 170 in Los Angeles. Scott Coker, Bellator's president, announced the read news >>

Chael Sonnen Will Fight Tito Ortiz… in Bellator | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC Free agency is a confounding phenomenon for any sports fan, but particularly so in mixed martial arts. In other sports, free agency disorients fans’ emotional stability read news >>

Jon Jones rips 'irrelevant' light heavyweights in epic Twitter rant

Jon Jones took a shot at the entire UFC light heavyweight division read news >>

Jon Jones Tears into Daniel Cormier, Anthony Johnson on Social Media

Just because Jon Jones isn't able to compete right now doesn't mean he can't hear all the smack that his constituents are talking. He made that clear on Twitter Wednesday night when he unleashed a br read news >>