Chael SonnenPound-for-pound rankings are subjective, but there’s a uniform consistency among pound-for-pound rankings that UFC middleweight titleholder Anderson Silva is at the top of the list.

Unless you ask Chael P. Sonnen.

Sonnen (27-12-1) has faced Silva twice and lost both times.  He takes on UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in the UFC 159 main event on April 27 and believes Jones is much better than Silva.

“Look, here’s the reality with Anderson.  I stomped that guy, and you can pick up his little arm as many times as you want and call him the winner, but the fact is I whipped his ass for 30 minutes.  He got to jump on me for less than 30 seconds.  He never knocked me down.  I fell down.  They say Anderson’s the best pound-for-pound.  He’s not the best round-for-round,” said Sonnen during a media conference call on Monday.

“I have three 10-8 rounds my entire career.  I’ve fought 49 men.  Three rounds of my whole life are 10-8.  That’s gymnastics’ equivalent to a perfect 10.  It doesn’t happen in this sport. I doubt anyone on this call even has a 10-8 round (Jon Jones, Michael Bisping, and Alan Belcher were also on the call).  I have three of them.  They’re all against Anderson Silva. So, if you think Jon and Anderson are even close, I will run through Jon because I ran through Anderson,” said Sonnen.

“I don’t think they’re close.  I think Jon is considerably better than Anderson.”

If the stars align with Silva winning his next fight and Jones winning his next two, a superfight between Jones and Silva could happen. Sonnen doesn’t subscribe to the thinking that Silva can beat Jones.

“Sometimes I hear that I don’t deserve this fight, or that I’m not the right guy, but then I hear that Anderson can beat him.  You’ve got to be kidding me.  I stomped Anderson Silva, twice.”

UFC 200 Free Fight: Jon Jones Makes Quick Work of Chael Sonnen

Jon Jones defended his light heavyweight belt for the fifth time when he defeated Chael Sonnen at UFC 159. Check out that fight. read news >>

UFC 200 Video: Counterpunch – Cormier vs. Jones 2

Insults fly when UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and interim titleholder Jon Jones discuss their upcoming rematch in a heated interview. read news >>

UFC 200 Video: Cormier vs. Jones 2 — It’s Time Preview (Full Episode)

Light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and interim titleholder Jon Jones prepare to unify that division’s belt, and Brock Lesnar returns at UFC 200. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs Anderson Silva Announced for UFC 200: Latest Details, Reaction

Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200 on Saturday and fight Daniel Cormier in a non-title bout. Brazil's Globo reported the news Thursday (via FloSports' Jeremy Botter). TMZ confirmed the read news >>

UFC 200 Video Highlights: Daniel Cormier Bests the Legend, Anderson Silva

When Daniel Cormier's original UFC 200 opponent, Jon Jones, was pulled from the fight card, former middleweight champ Anderson Silva stepped up. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Beyond the Fight: The Jon Jones Situation

Jon Jones is in a very similar situation that Chael Sonnen was a few years ago. Listen here for Chael's perspective on Jon's failed drug test and press conference. read news >>

Two UFC Veterans Allege Jon Jones Tested Positive for Estrogen Blockers

Rashad Evans and Chael Sonnen allege that Jon Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers in the drug test that led to him being pulled from UFC 200. read news >>

Bad Blood Boils Over Between Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen

Chael Sonnen's recent comments on Jon Jones being yanked from UFC 200 has stirred a hornet's nest, and now there's some choice words between the two camps. read news >>

UFC Icon Chael Sonnen Looks to Reinvent Grappling with Submission Underground

Chael Sonnen reinvented the mixed martial arts game, at least from a promotional point of view, during his decade-plus career as a perennial UFC contender. Known for his motor mouth, even more so tha read news >>

Nevada Identifies Jon Jones Flagged Substances, Extends His Suspension

The Nevada Athletic Commission on Monday confirmed two substances that interim UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones tested positive for prior to UFC 200. read news >>