Chael Sonnen 'I Still Don't Have a Contract' for Silva Fight and Matt Hughes Wants to Avenge a Loss (Yahoo! Contributor

• submit to reddit

By Cheryl Ragsdale,

UFC fighter, Chael Sonnen is planning on fighting Anderson Silva, but he hasn't signed a contract yet. "I believe I have the fight. I believe it'll happen in June. But I still don't have a contract. But the 'Countdown' show is scheduled to come out to my home in two days, so I guess something is going to happen," Chael commented on "UFC Tonight".

Matt Hughes
Wikimedia Commons

Maybe Chael Sonnen's fake apology interrupted the contract signing

What's going on? What is the holdup with signing a contract? Obviously, Chael is ready and the production crew for the "Countdown" show believe the fight is scheduled. I wonder whether Anderson is still debating whether he wants to fight Chael or not. Maybe Anderson is just toying with Chael, stringing him along until the last minute.

Chael never misses the opportunity to deliver an insult to the UFC champion, Anderson Silva. Here's Chael with his (fake) apology to Anderson Silva from the "UFC Tonight" show a couple of weeks ago video

Make him pay, Anderson.

Matt Hughes would like to fight someone from his loss column

UFC Hall of Famer, Matt Hughes, joins the growing number of UFC fighters climbing the ladder of time towards the ripe old age of 40. "I'm at a crossroads between fighting another fight or retirement….I'm 38, and I keep getting older and the fighters keep staying the same age. I wanted the Fall and Spring off, and now it's time to talk with DW [Dana White]."

Matt Hughes appeared on Fuel TV's "UFC Tonight" March 20 episode. "I don't get to decide my own fights. Dana White and the UFC do. I don't know who it would be. I'd love to fight someone who already beat me. [Dan Hardy] has a fight coming up and he's worried about me? He hasn't looked that good in his last few fights. He should worry about that." "

After Matt finally decides to have his last UFC fight, his plan is to spend time with "…my family, four kids…lots of family time. I'll be working on the farm and raising the family."

Matt Hughes has 45 wins and only 9 losses. That is an incredible achievement. Matt is sturdy and still has some fight left in him. His last two fights ended in a loss. Apparently, Matt doesn't want to end on a loss. I don't know if I would agree with that philosophy considering where he is at this time in his life. He's dodged any major damage, so far.

Matt says he'd like to fight someone who has beaten him before.

Here's the names on the list of the fighters who have defeated Matt Hughes:

- Dennis Hallman - twice, 1998 and 2000

- BJ Penn

- Josh Koscheck

- GSP

- Thiago Alves

- Jose Landi-Jons

Dennis Hallman has 51 wins and 14 losses. I could see Matt Hughes wanting to correct those two defeats from early in his career. Maybe not in the octagon, if given another shot at one of the other guys on the list, but definitely Matt and Dennis need to end up at the same gym doing some serious sparring. That box needs to be checked.

Source: "UFC Tonight" show notes, Sherdog

More from this contributor:

Jon 'Bones' Jones vs Mario 'Marinho' Filho on Brazilian MMA Reality TV

Invicta Fighting Championship Will Stream Live in HD in April: Will You Watch It?

TUF 15 Live Recap: James Vick with Sweet KO of Daron Cruickshank Leaves Urijah One Down

At 39, Does Cung Le Still Have What it Takes to Be an MMA Fighter? Fan's View

Instead of Touching Gloves (Again), Sheila Gaff Knocked Out Jennifer Maia: Fan Reaction

Cheryl Ragsdale started out boxing and has added kicks and BJJ so she can practice MMA. She trains with Keith Florian and UFC Fighter Kenny Florian at Florian Martial Arts - follow @thatgirlisfunny

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

UFC light-heavyweight competitor Wanderlei Silva is convinced that Chael Sonnen will return to the octagon once he finishes his suspension. Although it would appear that Chael Sonnen's professional career as a Mixed Martial Artist is complete, Wanderlei Silva is still convinced that his longtime nemesis will still weasel his way back to the octagon once he competes his suspension. "I think he retired just for now, I think after finishing his suspension, he's gonna (come) back," Wand told Submiss read news >>

With his fighting status in limbo, Wanderlei Silva remains hopeful he'll get a chance to settle up with Chael Sonnen in the Octagon. "I think he retired just for now, I think after finishing his suspension, he's gonna (come) back," Silva told Submission Radio. "I hope this fight is gonna happen." "I think him and [Vitor] Belfort are just the two good fights that have a reason to happen for me." The pair were slated to fight Jul. 5 at UFC 175 before they each ran afoul of the Nevada State Athleti read news >>

Now-retired UFC fighter Chael Sonnen has until July 17 to indicate whether he’ll appeal a disciplinary complaint filed against him by Nevada’s attorney general in the wake of dual drug failures.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Former UFC fighter Chael Sonnen has responded to the Nevada Athletic Commission, accepting responsibility after testing positive on two random drug tests and waived his right to a hearing. read news >>

Luke Barnatt, friend of Chael Sonnen, wants to fight against Wanderlei Silva, who doesn't know his challenger but accepts the bout anyway. One of Chael Sonnen's pupils on The Ultimate Fighter season 17, Luke Barnatt, wants to settle matters with one of his coach's enemies, Wanderlei Silva. The Englishman's challenge was already accepted, as "The Axe Murderer" told Combate.com that he is up for the fight, aeven though he doesn't know who his opponent is. He also mentioned that bouts against Vitor read news >>

UFC vets Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort will appear today before the Nevada State Athletic Commission, and the UFC streams the hearing via UFC Fight Pass beginning at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT).Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, WSOF read news >>

Today's (Weds., July 23, 2014) live hearing gets underway at 1 p.m. ET. Time to face the music. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will stream today's (July 23, 2014) live hearing featuring Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) and embattled middleweights Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort, online via the promotion's Fight Pass digital network. Not a subscriber? Not a problem. MMAmania.com will be tuning in and bringing you LIVE updates as the action unfolds right here, beginning at 1 p.m. ET. S read news >>

From Yahoo Sports: The former UFC contender endured a rambling hearing that toggled between friendly and contentious while waiting to hear the Nevada State Athletic Commission's judgment. read news >>

Former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva had his grudge match with Chael Sonnen scheduled for earlier this month postponed after "The Axe Murderer" ran into some trouble with the Nevada State Athletic Commission, but he still thinks the bout will happen. The Brazilian slugger allegedly refused to take a random drug test administered by the commission, on top of not applying for his fighter's license on time, so he was removed from UFC 175 in late May, per MMA Fighting. While Sonnen was quick to pok read news >>