Chael Sonnen 'I Still Don't Have a Contract' for Silva Fight and Matt Hughes Wants to Avenge a Loss (Yahoo! Contributor

• submit to reddit

By Cheryl Ragsdale,

UFC fighter, Chael Sonnen is planning on fighting Anderson Silva, but he hasn't signed a contract yet. "I believe I have the fight. I believe it'll happen in June. But I still don't have a contract. But the 'Countdown' show is scheduled to come out to my home in two days, so I guess something is going to happen," Chael commented on "UFC Tonight".

Matt Hughes
Wikimedia Commons

Maybe Chael Sonnen's fake apology interrupted the contract signing

What's going on? What is the holdup with signing a contract? Obviously, Chael is ready and the production crew for the "Countdown" show believe the fight is scheduled. I wonder whether Anderson is still debating whether he wants to fight Chael or not. Maybe Anderson is just toying with Chael, stringing him along until the last minute.

Chael never misses the opportunity to deliver an insult to the UFC champion, Anderson Silva. Here's Chael with his (fake) apology to Anderson Silva from the "UFC Tonight" show a couple of weeks ago video

Make him pay, Anderson.

Matt Hughes would like to fight someone from his loss column

UFC Hall of Famer, Matt Hughes, joins the growing number of UFC fighters climbing the ladder of time towards the ripe old age of 40. "I'm at a crossroads between fighting another fight or retirement….I'm 38, and I keep getting older and the fighters keep staying the same age. I wanted the Fall and Spring off, and now it's time to talk with DW [Dana White]."

Matt Hughes appeared on Fuel TV's "UFC Tonight" March 20 episode. "I don't get to decide my own fights. Dana White and the UFC do. I don't know who it would be. I'd love to fight someone who already beat me. [Dan Hardy] has a fight coming up and he's worried about me? He hasn't looked that good in his last few fights. He should worry about that." "

After Matt finally decides to have his last UFC fight, his plan is to spend time with "…my family, four kids…lots of family time. I'll be working on the farm and raising the family."

Matt Hughes has 45 wins and only 9 losses. That is an incredible achievement. Matt is sturdy and still has some fight left in him. His last two fights ended in a loss. Apparently, Matt doesn't want to end on a loss. I don't know if I would agree with that philosophy considering where he is at this time in his life. He's dodged any major damage, so far.

Matt says he'd like to fight someone who has beaten him before.

Here's the names on the list of the fighters who have defeated Matt Hughes:

- Dennis Hallman - twice, 1998 and 2000

- BJ Penn

- Josh Koscheck

- GSP

- Thiago Alves

- Jose Landi-Jons

Dennis Hallman has 51 wins and 14 losses. I could see Matt Hughes wanting to correct those two defeats from early in his career. Maybe not in the octagon, if given another shot at one of the other guys on the list, but definitely Matt and Dennis need to end up at the same gym doing some serious sparring. That box needs to be checked.

Source: "UFC Tonight" show notes, Sherdog

More from this contributor:

Jon 'Bones' Jones vs Mario 'Marinho' Filho on Brazilian MMA Reality TV

Invicta Fighting Championship Will Stream Live in HD in April: Will You Watch It?

TUF 15 Live Recap: James Vick with Sweet KO of Daron Cruickshank Leaves Urijah One Down

At 39, Does Cung Le Still Have What it Takes to Be an MMA Fighter? Fan's View

Instead of Touching Gloves (Again), Sheila Gaff Knocked Out Jennifer Maia: Fan Reaction

Cheryl Ragsdale started out boxing and has added kicks and BJJ so she can practice MMA. She trains with Keith Florian and UFC Fighter Kenny Florian at Florian Martial Arts - follow @thatgirlisfunny

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

The Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) has yet to announce a punishment for Wanderlei Silva for refusing to do a random drug test and later admitting the use of diuretics, but the former PRIDE champion is confident he won’t face any hurdles once he decides to get back in the Octagon. Silva, who hasn’t fought since March of 2013, said in an interview to Tatame in Brazil that he’s "totally clean and cleared to fight as soon as possible." "Life is great. I’m training well," Silva said. "I did a test more

Might be time to re-think all those submission losses in MMA... "It won't be easy... He has evolved and that's natural. If you fight MMA, you should know jiu-jitsu. That's a fact. That's why he trains jiu-jitsu like every other MMA fighter. Evolution is a consequence of training, and he has evolved a lot. I will train and fight by the rules, going for the submission on top or from the bottom. Who knows, maybe he'll pull guard. I have to be ready for every situation. If people think that (I will more

Andre Galvao has a unique challenge ahead of him. Galvao, a multiple time jiu-jitsu world champion and ADCC winner, headlines Metamoris 4 card against UFC veteran Chael Sonnen in Los Angeles, Calif., on Aug. 9, in a 20-minute no-gi, submission-only match. Sonnen accepted the challenge days after announcing his retirement from MMA after testing positive in a random drug test, but the fact that he never competed in a grappling match against a guy with Galvao’s credentials doesn’t mean it’s a walk more

Anyone stepping up to challenge Chael Sonnen now knows they should watch their fingers carefully. The polarizing former UFC competitor weighed in on the Luis Suarez biting incident. If you have been living under a rock for the past few days, Suarez was banned for nine games and four months for biting an opposing player during the 2014 World Cup. Here's what Sonnen had to say about it on Wednesday night's FOX Sports Live (h/t MMA Fighting): Lets start with what happened on the soccer field. To bi more

But to be fair, I probably would have done likewise. If you stick your finger in Chael Sonnen's mouth during the course of a wrestling match, he will bite it. That's according to the "shady" UFC Tonight co-host, who weighed in on the recent kerfuffle involving Uruguayan soccer star Luis Suarez, who was banned for nine games (and four months) by FIFA for biting an opponent during the World Cup on Wednesday. His words: "Lets start with what happened on the soccer field. To bite someone in the cour more

During a segment on Wednesday night's FOX Sports Live, UFC Tonight hosts Kenny Florian and Chael Sonnen were asked to weigh-in on the recent controversy surrounding Uruguayan soccer star Luis Suarez. The Barclay's Premier League's top scorer has been banned for nine games and four months by FIFA for biting Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini during Uruguay's World Cup match with Italy on Jun. 24, his third such offense. "Lets start with what happened on the soccer field," said Sonnen. "To bite so more

Less than a month after retiring from mixed martial arts, Chael Sonnen will make his debut for Brazilian jiu-jitsu promotion Metamoris on Aug. 9. more

Retired UFC competitor Chael Sonnen offered his thoughts on the Luis Suarez biting controversy that took place earlier in the week in Uruguay’s match against Italy. Arguably the most talked about sporting incident to take place this week was Uruguay's Luis Suarez biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini in their World Cup group stage match on Tuesday afternoon. Suarez, dubbed the ‘Hannibal Lecter of Soccer,' was suspended for nine Uruguay matches and four matches from his early season games with Liverpo more

Chael Sonnen tested positive for four banned substances earlier this month in a second random drug test administered by the Nevada Athletic Commission.Sonnen, who recently announced his retirement from MMA, was asked to take a blood and urine test on June 5 in Portland, Ore., by the NAC because at the time he was scheduled to fight at UFC 175 on July 5 in Las Vegas. The commission learned earlier this week that Sonnen failed those tests due to the presence of human growth hormone (HGH), recombin more