By David King,

UFC middleweight number one contender, Chael Sonnen, is never short of words. And he took a few more shots at his arch nemesis, Anderson Silva, in a recent interview. Even though he'll be facing Silva in a few months (in front of 80,000 Brazilian MMA fans, who are not exactly fond of the Portland native), Sonnen remains confident. And he promises to give Silva the beating of his life at UFC 147.

"You don't matter Anderson," Sonnen said. "Don't talk down to me; don't talk to me like you're my equal because you're not. I stomped you before, and I will stomp you again. You are a nuisance to me and to everybody else. You ducked me for six years. You ducked me for two years after that, there's nothing I can do more than pick a fight. You put every stipulation on his thing that you could think of and I answered them all, including coming to Brazil, like it's some kind of big deal. … I'm gonna stomp you this time, the same like I did last time."

Coming into his UFC 117 fight against Silva, Sonnen was very verbal about his intentions inside the Octagon. And he certainly surprised many MMA fans with his dominant performance against the sport's pound-for-pound king. Sonnen dominated Silva—for four and a half rounds—with his aggressive wrestling, but his poor BJJ defense eventually got the best of him, succumbing to an armbar-triangle combo minutes before the final bell.

Unfortunately for Sonnen, a failed post-fight drug test—and Silva's claim of a rib injury—put an asterisk on his performance at UFC 117. And he'll be the underdog going into his rematch with Silva.

I won't completely count Sonnen out against Silva, but his chances are pretty low, considering the amount of time Silva has had to prepare for him (Silva won't underestimate Sonnen this time around either).

Even though their UFC 147 bout will probably be the biggest event in MMA history, I'm not expecting a competitive fight. Silva put on the worst performance of his MMA career at UFC 117, yet, it was still enough to get past a testosterone fueled Sonnen. In front of 80,000 enthusiastic Brazilian fans, I expect to see the best Anderson Silva we've ever seen.

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Fight and fighter information from

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Sugar Ray Leonard on Mayweather-Pacquiao Bout

Kimbo Slice KO's Brian Green with 3 Seconds Left in the Final Round

Cesar Gracie is Confident Nick Diaz Will Return to MMA

Molina Appeals Disqualification, Kirkland Down for Rematch

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Video: Dana White responds to reports of Fedor Emelianenko vs Anderson Silva superfight

Chael Sonnen still can't contain himself, even in retirement. The three-time Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) title challenger is happily retired following a failed drug test back in June 2014, a read news >>

Chael Sonnen: Holly Holm not telling the truth about her ridiculous, invalid boxing championships

Holly Holm's credentials as a professional boxing champion were well advertised as she transitioned into the sport of mixed martial arts (MMA). Before signing with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC read news >>

Nick Diaz Suspended 5 Years for Failed Drug Tests: Latest Details and Reaction

UFC fighter Nick Diaz has been fined $165,000 and suspended for five years by the Nevada State Athletic Commission because of multiple failed drug tests. USA Today's John Morgan reported the news Mon read news >>

Pro fighters react to Nick Diaz's suspension by the NAC

The NAC's five-year suspension of Nick Diaz surprised the MMA world. Check out their reaction below. 5years for smoking a natural plant.. Then all the juice heads get a slap on the wrist. #seriousbro read news >>

Chael Sonnen says he's facing Josh Barnett in Metamoris

Chael Sonnen, who debuts this Friday night as an announcer for the World Series of Fighting, announced on Monday that he would be facing Josh Barnett in a Metamoris submission grappling match later t read news >>

Sonnen criticizes ‘terrible’ Fedor: He’s a ‘chubby bald guy with a nerdy sweater’

Former UFC middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen discussed the return of heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko and where he stands in terms of his legacy. read news >>

Chael Sonnen: I'm fighting Josh Barnett at Metamoris and will take his fat ass down

"I'll even give you gentlemen a prediction: Sonnen wins. I'm going to take his fat ass down and he will never get up. And let him know I said that. I'm going to take Josh down and then I'm going to w read news >>

Listen: Submission Radio w/ Chael Sonnen, Andrei Arlovski, Kirik Jenness

This week, Submission Radio chat withs Chael Sonnen, Andrei Arlovski and have a roundtable discussion with The Underground's Kirik Jenness about Dana White saving Miesha Tate's career, if Fedor is to read news >>

Polaris Pro 2: The casual fan preview

Bloody Elbow's grappling editor Roy Billington previews Polaris Pro's second event, which goes down in Cardiff, Wales this weekend. We are just weeks removed from the illustrious Abu Dhabi Combat Clu read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 24: Chael Sonnen, Demetrious Johnson, Bilyal Makhov

Episode No. 24 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, featuring Chael Sonnen, Demetrious Johnson and Bilyal Makhov, is now available for streaming and download.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>