Cat ZinganoTo say the past couple weeks have been a roller coaster ride for women’s MMA standout Cat “Alpha” Zingano would be an understatement.

Originally scheduled to make her Strikeforce debut on the undercard of their Sept. 29 show, Zingano became a casualty of the event’s cancellation following the injury to main event headliner Gilbert Melendez.

Things however managed to work out as a couple days following the cancellation; Zingano got the call to step into Invicta FC for their Oct. 3 show in Kansas City, Kan.

“It was devastating to hear the news (of the cancellation),” said Zingano. “I didn’t feel I had finished what I started, so mainly I was just really sad. Myself, my coaches, my family, my manager, everyone had put so much work into that camp, I felt bad for everyone.

“(The Tuesday following the cancellation) my husband, Mauricio, and I were out having lunch and he said he had a gut feeling that things would work out somehow. Two hours later he got the call from my manager, Ricky (Vasquez), and everything was back in motion.”

Zingano said it didn’t take her long to get back into fight mode.

“I took the rest of that day off to gather my thoughts and refocus and woke up the next day with a lot of ‘go’ in me,” she said. “I trained hard twice that day to be ready to go (on Oct. 3).”

Originally scheduled to face Amanda Nunez at Strikeforce, Zingano will instead be facing Raquel Pennington.

When asked how the change of opponent would affect her training just over a week before Invicta, Zingano replied, “I don’t ever make strategies, I train in all areas of my game and I don’t think about what they are going to do.

“I think about what I’m going to do in a fight, so regardless of the opponent I know I trained the best I could and as hard as I could.”

While she is happy to be part of Invicta for their upcoming show, Zingano’s future resides in Strikeforce and it’s there that she’ll finally get the opportunity to show the nation why she’s one of the premier fighters in women’s MMA.

“I think what happened was unfortunate, but I’m looking forward to working with Strikeforce,” said Zingano.

“Strikeforce was kind enough to let me take this fight with Invicta, but I’m still under contract with them and will be ready to go when they decide when and where I’ll be fighting next.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Invicta FC and other MMA news.

Invicta FC 15: Cyborg vs. Ibragimova Weigh-in Video Replay

The sixteen fighters competing on the Invicta FC 15: Cyborg vs. Ibragimova fight card on Saturday officially weighed in at the Punishment Training Center on Friday. read news >>

Invicta FC 15: Cyborg vs. Ibragimova Weigh-In Results – Title Fights Officially Set

The fourteen female fighters competing on Saturday's Invicta FC 15: Cyborg vs. Ibragimova fight card officially weighed in on Friday in California. read news >>

Invicta FC champ 'Cyborg' Justino up to 163.8 pounds for tonight's headliner

A little more than a half day after weighing in at 144.6 pounds for tonight’s Invicta FC 15 event, featherweight champion Cristiane Justino has rehydrated and gained 19.2 pounds.Filed under: News, Vi read news >>

Amber Leibrock Making Most of Her Pro Move Heading into Invicta FC 15

Amber Leibrock's first pro victory was a big one, and she intends to follow it up with another impressive performance at Invicta FC 15 on Saturday night. read news >>

Amber Brown Sees Lisa Ellis as Next Step to an Invicta FC Title in 2016

Amber Brown wants to get an Invicta FC title in 2016, but she knows that Saturday night's fight with Lisa Ellis comes first. read news >>

Invicta FC 15 Cyborg vs Ibragimova: Live Results, Play-by-Play and Highlights

Invicta FC 15 kicks off at 9 p.m. ET on UFC Fight Pass, and the seven-fight event is headlined by Cris "Cyborg" Justino. Cyborg defends her featherweight title against Daria Ibragimova in the main ev read news >>

Invicta FC 15 results: 'Cyborg' wins again, crushing Ibragimova in first

Once again, Cristiane Justino proved she has no equal at 145 pounds, scoring a first-round knockout of Daria Ibragimova with relative ease.Filed under: News read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. Daria Ibragimova: Winner, Recap, Reaction from Invicta FC 15

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino's scorched-earth campaign through Invicta FC's featherweight division continued at Invicta 15 with the champion defeating Daria Ibragimova in the main event via first-round read news >>

Invicta FC 15 Results: Cris Cyborg Smashes Daria Ibragimova

Cris "Cyborg" Justino proved once again that she reigns on high as queen of Invicta with a first-round finish of Daria Ibragimova at Invicta FC 15 on Saturday in Orange County, Calif. read news >>

Invicta FC 16 heads to Vegas with Alexa Grasso, Irene Aldana, others

Following Saturday’s Invicta FC 15 event, company president Shannon Knapp laid out some plans for Invicta FC 16.Filed under: News read news >>