Carlos Condit
When Carlos Condit opted to wait for a fight against Georges St-Pierre as opposed to defend his interim welterweight title, he came under some scrutiny for the decision.

Condit revealed on Wednesday that the UFC never actually came at him with another offer for a different fight, and always had the idea of him facing St-Pierre when he returned from injury.

Now Condit’s manager Malki Kawa sheds even more light on the situation as he tells that the New Mexico fighter was ready for a few different fights, but ultimately the best decision for his career was to wait for St-Pierre to return.

Check out this one on one interview with Condit’s manager Malki Kawa from UFC 154:

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Carlos Condit: On the Edge of Greatness

  • 18 days ago

The sport of mixed martial arts is a complex beast - one that is uncertain by its very nature. On one end of the spectrum there is the fast-paced, big tent promotion of the must see extravaganza abou read news >>

Carlos Condit: UFC fans love to watch me fight for my exhibitions of violence

  • 18 days ago

It's no secret Carlos Condit has become a fan favorite thanks to his stand-and-bang style which has led to multiple "Fight of the Night" and "Knockout of the Night" bonuses. You'd have to look no fur read news >>

Manager: Josh Barnett has no future plans to compete at Metamoris

  • 18 days ago

Not only is Josh Barnett not currently scheduled to compete against Chael Sonnen at an upcoming Metamoris submission grappling event, don't expect him to compete for the promotion anytime soon. "Josh read news >>

Olympic gold medalist Cejudo won't fight in Nevada following Nick Diaz suspension

  • 18 days ago

Henry Cejudo's manager sent a letter to MMAFighting, where he explained that the former Olympian will no longer fight in Nevada, following the news of Nick Diaz' 5 year suspension. #FreeNickDiaz is i read news >>

Conor McGregor: ‘Not Even Floyd Mayweather Had the Numbers I Have at 26'

  • 23 days ago

UFC interim featherweight champion Conor McGregor says not event Floyd Mayweather was producing the numbers that he does at 26-years-old. read news >>

Faber says McGregor didn't coach much because of potential opponents in TUF

  • 23 days ago

Urijah Faber explains the possible reason as to why Conor McGregor wasn't "hands-on" with the TUF contestants. Last month, Irish sensation Conor McGregor revealed that he was reluctant to accept the read news >>

Rockhold calls McGregor an 'anorexic leprechaun', wants to 'slap the s**t' out of him

  • 24 days ago

It sounds like UFC interim featherweight champion Conor McGregor hasn't made a fan out of middleweight title challenger Luke Rockhold. UFC 194 will feature two title fights as co-headliners - a middl read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey a much bigger star than Conor McGregor -- and everyone else in UFC

  • 24 days ago

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) interim featherweight champion Conor McGregor has gone on record to call Ronda Rousey one of the biggest stars on the ZUFFA roster, as well as in all of mixed mar read news >>

Vitor Belfort: Conor McGregor isn't a real athlete like Jose Aldo, sets poor example for kids

  • 26 days ago

Interim 145-pound titleholder Conor McGregor hijacked the "Go Big" press conference last Friday (watch it here), shouting down his fellow competitors and making a mockery of the entire proceedings. T read news >>

Hector Lombard: Johny Hendricks is a blanket, Patrick Cote won't fight me, and Carlos Condit is getting smashed

  • 27 days ago

The world according to "Showeather." Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight contender Hector Lombard recently assessed the promotion's 170-pound division, and outside of some faint praise read news >>