Georges St-Pierre and Carlos ConditThese days, Carlos Condit finds himself between multiple rocks and a hard place.

He’s the UFC interim welterweight champion, and he’s tentatively penciled in for a title vs. title bout with Georges St-Pierre at UFC 154 on Nov. 17. That’s assuming St-Pierre’s knee continues to heal properly, of course, but all recent signs point to St-Pierre making the date.

You’d think fans would be excited about St-Pierre vs. Condit, but that hasn’t been the case. The only thing Condit hears these days are complaints: Why isn’t he fighting Johny Hendricks? Why isn’t he defending the belt against Martin Kampmann? Interim championships are created so that a belt can be defended while the true champion is out of action, so why is Condit sitting on the shelf until St-Pierre comes back?

“The bottom line is that the UFC has not offered me another fight. I haven’t been contacted, nor has my management been contacted about fighting anybody else other than Georges St-Pierre,” Condit told Bleacher Report in an exclusive interview during last week’s UFC Fan Expo in Las Vegas. “So Georges is the guy I want. And if the UFC wants that fight, I’m content to wait for him to be ready. If it’s in November, of course.”

What happens if St-Pierre suffers a setback during the rehabilitation of his knee?
“If it’s going to be longer, then I will entertain the idea of taking another fight,” Condit said. “As far as I know, Georges’ recovery is on track, and he’s going to be ready to go Nov. 17.

Condit recently told the media that he was more interested in facing Kampmann. This enraged Hendricks, who felt that his win over Josh Koscheck—coupled with a four-fight winning streak—should have been enough to earn him a crack at the belt.

But Condit has very specific reasons for his interest in fighting Kampmann.

“I mean, he’s had a good run recently. But his last fight was a pretty close decision with Josh Koscheck. Kampmann, on the other hand, finished Thiago Alves. He knocked out Jake Ellenberger,” Condit said. “He’s had a stellar run as of late. And it’s just a fight that I’d be more motivated for. And I think there would be more hype for the fans. That’s just the bottom line.”

(Click here to read the complete article…)

Courtesy of MMAWeekly.com content partner Bleacher Report.
For more
MMA News and MMA Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Twitter reacts to Nick Diaz's NSAC hearing, reduced sentence and fine

  • 25 days ago
  • 49 views

After months of waiting, Nick Diaz finally today reached a settlement with the Nevada State Athletic Commission that saw his five-year ban and hefty fine reduced. Check out the reactions.Filed under: read news >>

Conor McGregor Posts Videos of Training Workout for Rafael dos Anjos Fight

  • 19 days ago
  • 622 views

UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor has offered insight into his training regimen ahead of his lightweight title challenge against Rafael dos Anjos. The Irishman is seeking to become the first read news >>

UFC 195 in slow-mo: New look at that Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit classic

  • 18 days ago
  • 26 views

It was just a few short weeks ago that UFC welterweight champion Robbie Lawler and Carlos Condit kicked off the year with a barnburner of a title fight. Check out the slow-motion highlights.Filed und read news >>

Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne Slammed by Hapa's Wife, Jenna Renee Webb, over Ring

  • 13 days ago
  • 443 views

Ronda Rousey and partner Travis Browne have come under criticism from the heavyweight UFC star's current wife, Jenna Renee Webb, after Rousey was pictured wearing a ring on her engagement finger. Web read news >>

UFC title loss evident in Carlos Condit's new driver's license photo

  • 12 days ago
  • 291 views

While the timing probably wasn’t the greatest, Carlos Condit has a surefire conversation-starter for cashiers, bank tellers and anyone else who needs to see his ID for the next few years.Filed under: read news >>

Carlos Condit Takes New Driver's License Photo—3 Days After Fight with Lawler

  • 11 days ago
  • 11 views

Carlos Condit better be ready for a lot of raised eyebrows. A lot of chuckles. A lot of low whistles. Why? Because he has a big, huge black eye in his new driver's license photo. That shiner is court read news >>

UFC's Sage Northcutt stays positive despite negativity, sarcasm on social media (Yahoo Sports)

  • 10 days ago
  • 5 views

From Yahoo Sports: The rising star responds to the criticism by acting like a salesman shamelessly pitching whatever product he happens to be hawking. read news >>

UFC's Sage Northcutt stays positive despite negativity, sarcasm on social media (Yahoo Sports)

  • 10 days ago
  • 5 views

From Yahoo Sports: The rising star responds to the criticism by acting like a salesman shamelessly pitching whatever product he happens to be hawking. read news >>

The Comeback: Sorry, Jose Aldo – you might be waiting for a while for that rematch

  • 9 days ago
  • 56 views

In a sport that never stops moving, even MMA junkies can struggle to keep up with all the latest news. If you missed any of Thursday’s biggest headlines, catch up with “The Comeback.”Filed under: Bel read news >>

UFC's Jared Rosholt understands criticism but not looking for half a paycheck

  • 3 days ago
  • 7 views

LAS VEGAS – UFC heavyweight Jared Rosholt knows he hasn’t always been the most crowd-pleasing fighter on the company’s roster, and he’s working to improve. But he’s always looking to win, regardless read news >>