There seems to be a lot of talk about Georges St-Pierre vs. Anderson Silva right now, but there’s only one problem – St-Pierre still has to fight Carlos Condit at UFC 154 in November before that proposed superfight can even possibly happen.

The talk lately seems to make Condit an afterthought in the big picture with St-Pierre making his return to the cage after being away for almost two years.

The one person who doesn’t seem to mind all the chatter about St-Pierre vs. Silva is the man who actually faces the UFC welterweight champion in his return bout in November.

Carlos Condit has never been a fighter that pays much attention to things like the odds, if he’s the favorite or underdog, or if an opponent is looking past him.

“Put it to you like this, I’m happy. I’m very glad this is what’s going on. I’m very glad this is what’s going down,” Condit’s manager Malki Kawa told MMAWeekly.com recently.

“I don’t think Carlos has been a favorite in any one of his past three fights. I think in every one of his fights, either the fighter he’s fighting or the media or whoever said something about another fight or they’re going to set this fight up, and look at how it’s worked out for him.”

Kawa fully believes that Condit can pull it off again, just like when he beat Nick Diaz, which ruined the much hyped and talked about showdown between Diaz and St-Pierre.

Sometimes it’s fun to play the spoiler, and it’s a hat that Carlos Condit wears very well.

“He doesn’t care about none of this stuff, he just sits there and says, ‘Hey, I spoiled their plans once with Nick (Diaz). I’ll spoil it again with Georges; so who cares,” said Kawa.

Of course a superfight between Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre could potentially be the biggest bout in UFC history, but according to Condit’s manager, there might be some very disappointed folks after UFC 154 is over.

“But at this point now, people need to stop that,” Kawa said in reference to the talk about St-Pierre vs. Silva.

“Because Georges is going to come to fight a really well prepared Carlos Condit. He’s going to be very ready for Georges St-Pierre.”

For more news and rumors make sure to follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Underdog Bisping finally has title shot; plans to flip the script

  • 28 days ago
  • 1 views

Michael Bisping wasn't supposed to be the opponent for Luke Rockhold at UFC 199 on June 4 on Pay-Per-View. But "The Count" is used to going off script. Bisping plans to make history and flip that scr read news >>

Can Luke Rockhold Be Anderson Silva's True Successor as Middleweight Kingpin?

  • 25 days ago
  • 5 views

Since losing his UFC debut to Vitor Belfort in May 2013, Luke Rockhold has been on a devastating run. He has finished all five of his opponents, three by submission and two with strikes, and only one read news >>

Former Lightweight Champ Anthony Pettis Moving to the Featherweight Division

  • 19 days ago
  • 87 views

After losing three consecutive bouts, former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis plans to make the move down to the featherweight division. read news >>

Saenchai, the 'Anderson Silva of Thai boxing,' on FIGHT PASS Saturday

  • 4 days ago
  • 3 views

The greatest Muay Thai fighter in the world – and quite possibly of all time - comes to UFC FIGHT PASS this Saturday as striking sensation Saenchai (315-43-2, 55 KO's) makes his GLORY Kickboxing debu read news >>

Anderson Silva Calls for Michael Bisping Rematch, Suggests Manchester UFC Fight

  • an hour ago
  • 5 views

Legendary fighter Anderson Silva thinks UFC Middleweight champion Michael Bisping is “afraid” to face him in a rematch. The Brazilian lost to Bisping narrowly in London earlier this year in a pulsati read news >>