Carlos Condit wants to clear up a few misconceptions about some things he’s supposedly said lately.

The UFC’s reigning interim champion has been out of action since February when he won the belt with a unanimous decision victory over Nick Diaz.

But lately Condit’s come under fire for a number of things that he really didn’t have any control over. First off, there’s the ideology that Condit was just sitting and waiting for the return of UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, and turned down defending his interim title in the meantime.

Well, according to Condit the fight the UFC has offered him has been the bout with St-Pierre to unify the titles, and it’s definitely the fight he wants.

“I don’t make the matches. If UFC wanted me to fight somebody else, they’re the boss, they can ask me to fight and I would be up for it. They want me to fight Georges St-Pierre, and that’s who I want to fight as well, so that’s what I’m going to go with,” Condit said in an interview with Fuel TV on Friday following UFC on FX 3.

St-Pierre is still rehabbing his surgically repaired knee after tearing his ACL, but his current schedule will put him back in the Octagon in the latter part of 2012. Despite some reports that have stated the Canadian champion may be a little behind schedule, everything that Condit has been told is that they are targeting a showdown for November in St-Pierre’s hometown of Montreal.

“As far as I know, I’ve seen some videos recently of him out running, doing sprints, doing some of his rehab and conditioning, looks good. As far as I know, we’re on for November 17th, and if anything changes then we’ll kind of reconsider our options,” said Condit.

Those options somehow got muddied recently after Condit was asked about who he would like to fight in the event St-Pierre isn’t ready come November. His answer was simple – he would like to face the one person in the UFC that holds a win over him, Martin Kampmann.

But somehow the part about facing Kampmann only if St-Pierre wasn’t ready got lost, and Condit was now passing over Johny Hendricks and wanted the Kampmann fight instead of GSP. It couldn’t be further from the truth however.

“The question that was put to me was ‘if Georges isn’t ready to fight in November, who would you like to fight?’ and so my answer to the question was Martin Kampmann. He was my first loss in the UFC, my only loss (in the UFC), my only loss in the last six years or so. Not taking anything away from Johny Hendricks, he’s obviously a top contender, had some great wins recently, but it’s a more compelling fight. It’s a fight I was absolutely be motivated for if Georges isn’t ready,” said Condit.

“Georges is the guy I have my eye on and as far as I know he’s going to be ready to go in November.”

In Condit’s eyes his next fight will be with Georges St-Pierre in November and that’s what the UFC has set forth for him as well, and it doesn’t appear anything is likely to change.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.
From Around the Web

Related News

Carlos Condit and Thiago Alves to Headline UFC Fight Night 67

  • 23 days ago
  • 4 views

In what will be his first fight since March 2014, Carlos Condit returns to the Octagon opposite Thiago Alves on May 30 at UFC Fight Night 67. Steven Marrocco, an MMAjunkie writer, reported the bout v read news >>

Carlos Condit vs. Thiago Alves targeted for UFC Fight Night 67 in Brazil

  • 23 days ago
  • 1 views

The UFC will return to Brazil in May for UFC Fight Night 67, and the promotion is already working on the first bout of the card. Former interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit is expected to take read news >>

Carlos Condit vs. Thiago Alves being targeted for UFC Fight Night 67 in May

  • 23 days ago
  • 1 views

A previously rumored key UFC welterweight matchup appears to have found a home in late May. Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

Video: UFC unveils 'Ultimate Knockouts: Rare and Unusual' featuring Carlos Condit, Travis Browne, and more

  • 23 days ago
  • 367 views

Like knockouts? Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) brass is delivering the goods as the promotion recently unveiled a brand new episode of the "Ultimate Knockouts" series featuring "Rare and Unusua read news >>

Report: Carlos Condit vs Thiago Alves targeted for UFC Fight Night 67 in May

  • 24 days ago
  • 15 views

"The Natural Born Killer" could be returning in just two months! When rumors began swirling last month that former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) interim welterweight champ Carlos Condit would read news >>

Report: Carlos Condit vs. Thiago Alves targeted for late May

  • 24 days ago
  • 1 views

Two mainstays of the UFC welterweight division, Carlos Condit and Thiago Alves, could be facing off at UFC Fight Night 67 in May. It appears that former UFC interim welterweight champion Carlos Condi read news >>

Carlos Condit looks like a Natural Born Killer & Alexander Gustafsson chills on a beach.

  • 25 days ago
  • 91 views

Welcome to another week of MMA on Instagram! MMA stalker Katie Winter has collected the best pics that UFC and other MMA fighters and personalities were sharing this week, and they're all here for yo read news >>

UFC KO of the Week Video: Johny Hendricks Flattens Martin Kampmann | MMAWeekly.com

  • 28 days ago
  • 17 views

No. 1 welterweight contender Johny Hendricks landed a solid left hook to Martin Kampmann and ended the night with a KO victory in the first round at UFC 154. read news >>

Marion Reneau: Heading to the Top by Any Means Necessary

  • 29 days ago
  • 0 views

Marion Reneau isn't interested in waiting for opportunities to come around to her. Instead, "The Bruiser" is determined to make her own way to the top of the UFC women's bantamweight division. The sc read news >>