Invicta 4 is expected to take place in January 2013 with at least a couple of new titles being introduced, and one of the championship fights is now confirmed.

Carla Esparza, winner of three fights in a row including her last two in Invicta, will face Japanese fighter and Jewels champion Ayaka Hamasaki in January.

The promotion will crown its first ever strawweight (115lbs) champion at Invicta 4, and Esparza was more than excited to get the call saying she would be fighting for the belt.

“This is something I’ve been waiting for, I feel like I’ve been improving, and I feel like I’ve been waiting for this pretty much since I started my fight career. My feeling was I can’t wait. I can’t wait to show the world, and I can’t wait to have that belt around my waist,” Esparza told MMAWeekly Radio on Wednesday.

Fighting for the inaugural Invicta strawweight title is an honor, but just as much as she appreciates the shot, Esparza is especially excited to face a fighter with the talent of Ayaka Hamasaki.

Hamasaki has gone 8-0 as a pro with 4 wins by submission and one by TKO en route to capturing the Jewels title prior to her win over Lacey Schuckman in her Invicta debut.

Esparza is ready not only to become the first ever 115lb Invicta champion, but she knows it will be no easy test to get through a fighter like Hamasaki.

“She’s beaten some of the top girls in the world and she’s great, and if I do go in the underdog, more power to me, more to prove. If that is the case, I plan on proving people wrong,” said Esparza.

“It means so much more that you have the belt and you had to go through so much to earn it.”

Invicta FC 4 is expected to take place in January 2013, although no date has been announced yet by the promotion. They are expected to have at least one more title fight on the upcoming card to kick off the New Year.

UFC Fight Night 93 Results: Matches to Make for the Winners and Losers

UFC Fight Night 93 took place in Hamburg, Germany, and it was not the greatest of fight cards. Thankfully, the veterans on the main card saved it from complete annihilation. Heavyweights Andrei Arlov read news >>

Ian McCall vs. Ray Borg Removed from UFC 203 Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

Two days before UFC 203 is scheduled to take place at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio, a bout has been pulled from Saturday's pay-per-view event. read news >>

Titan FC 41 Weigh-in Results: Damm vs. Faria Title Fight Gets Green Light | MMAWeekly.com

he Titan FC 41 weigh-ins took place on Thursday afternoon, making the fight card official, with Carina Damm and Kalindra Faria battling for a belt. read news >>

Joanne Calderwood vs. Jessica Andrade Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

The strawweight division was put on notice after Jessica Andrade (15-5) dispatched Jessica Penne at UFC 199, and now the upper echelon is on red alert. Andrade walked through Joanne Calderwood (11-3) read news >>

UFC 203 Fight Highlights: Jessica Andrade Taps Out Joanne Calderwood | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC 203 main card featured a women's strawweight bout between contenders Jessica Andrade and Joanne Calderwood. Check out the fight highlights. read news >>

Major Upset on The Ultimate Fighter 24 | MMAWeekly.com

A major upset took place on the third episode of The Ultimate Fighter: Tournament of Champions with the No. 13 seed taking out the No. 4 seed by TKO. read news >>

Jinh Yu Frey: 'I'm Here to Dethrone Ayaka Hamasaki' | MMAWeekly.com

On September 23 in Kansas City, Missouri, Jinh Yu Frey will challenge Ayaka Hamasaki for the Invicta 105-pound title in the evening’s co-main event. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Return Against Amanda Nunes Likely Late This Year | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is expected to be back in action before the end of the year. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Challenges Conor McGregor to Fight at UFC 205

UFC 205 will take place on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, but it is still missing an official main event. Eddie Alvarez made sure the world knew he wants to be part of it on Tuesd read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 24: Ep. 4 Preview

The Ultimate Fighter was bound to see a few upsets, and the first major twist took place during last week's episode as No. 11 seed Adam Antolin knocked off No. 4 seed Damacio Page to give Team Cejudo read news >>