Invicta 4 is expected to take place in January 2013 with at least a couple of new titles being introduced, and one of the championship fights is now confirmed.

Carla Esparza, winner of three fights in a row including her last two in Invicta, will face Japanese fighter and Jewels champion Ayaka Hamasaki in January.

The promotion will crown its first ever strawweight (115lbs) champion at Invicta 4, and Esparza was more than excited to get the call saying she would be fighting for the belt.

“This is something I’ve been waiting for, I feel like I’ve been improving, and I feel like I’ve been waiting for this pretty much since I started my fight career. My feeling was I can’t wait. I can’t wait to show the world, and I can’t wait to have that belt around my waist,” Esparza told MMAWeekly Radio on Wednesday.

Fighting for the inaugural Invicta strawweight title is an honor, but just as much as she appreciates the shot, Esparza is especially excited to face a fighter with the talent of Ayaka Hamasaki.

Hamasaki has gone 8-0 as a pro with 4 wins by submission and one by TKO en route to capturing the Jewels title prior to her win over Lacey Schuckman in her Invicta debut.

Esparza is ready not only to become the first ever 115lb Invicta champion, but she knows it will be no easy test to get through a fighter like Hamasaki.

“She’s beaten some of the top girls in the world and she’s great, and if I do go in the underdog, more power to me, more to prove. If that is the case, I plan on proving people wrong,” said Esparza.

“It means so much more that you have the belt and you had to go through so much to earn it.”

Invicta FC 4 is expected to take place in January 2013, although no date has been announced yet by the promotion. They are expected to have at least one more title fight on the upcoming card to kick off the New Year.

From Around the Web

Joanna Jedrzejczyk says Claudia Gadelha is a ‘better fighter’ than Carla Esparza

Joanna Jedrzejczyk's path to the UFC strawweight title wasn't easy. Over the span of nine crazy months, Jedrzejczyk blossomed from a little-known Muay Thai stylist into a cold-blooded, well-rounded k read news >>

The 10: Awesome Action Hitting the Octagon in April

After January and February featured a combined seven events, March offered a bit of a respite for fight fans, as there were just two shows in the third month of the year. read news >>

Felice Herrig on Fedor’s WMMA comments: Some morals and values are stricter in certain countries

UFC strawweight Felice Herrig discusses legendary heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko’s recent comments regarding women’s MMA. read news >>

Claudia Gadelha or Joanne Calderwood: Who Will Joanna Jedrzejczyk Fight Next?

Joanna Jedrzejczyk is the new strawweight world champion, capturing the gold with a stunning destruction of Carla Esparza at UFC 184. It was a fast rise to the top of the 115-pound division for the P read news >>

Watch UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. LaFlare live stream online, fight time, TV schedule

UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. LaFlare takes place tonight from the Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Find out all your options for how to watch the action right here. Last Saturday night, the PPV event in Dallas, read news >>

UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. LaFlare post-fight press conference

Bloody Elbow is the place to be to check out a live video stream of the UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. LaFlare post-fight press conference, which will kick off at approximately 1:30am ET/10:30pm PT. Join read news >>

Watch UFC Fight Night 62's post-fight press conference on MMAjunkie

RIO DE JANEIRO – UFC Fight Night 62 takes place Saturday at Maracanazinho Gymnasium in Rio de Janeiro. As usual, you can watch a live video stream of the post-fight news conference here on MMAjunkie read news >>

Strawweight Title Fight Headlines Invicta FC 12 on April 24

Invicta Fighting Championships today announced the new date and location for its next event, Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza. read news >>

Invicta FC headed back to Kansas City on April 24, to feature strawweight title bout

Invicta FC will head back to its hub town of Kansas City, Missouri. On Friday, the promotion announced a fight card for April 24 at the Municipal Auditorium. Invicta 12 will feature a strawweight tit read news >>