CB DollawayCB Dollaway finally has momentum back on his side.

After losing back-to-back bouts in 2011, Dollaway found himself searching for answers, and perhaps now he them.

He defeated Jason “Mayhem” Miller midway through 2012, and then followed that up with a victory over Daniel Sarafian on Saturday night at UFC on FX 7 in Brazil.

Perhaps more important than the win itself was how deep inside himself Dollaway had to dig to earn the victory.

Sarafian took control of their fight early and had him on the rails. The Brazilian was much stronger than Dollaway expected, and did a good job defending many of his takedown attempts.

“His wrestling was really good,” said Dollaway after the fight. “He defended my takedowns really easily. My hat is off to him.”

Dollaway managed to gather himself and get back into the fight, dropping Sarafian with an uppercut late in round two. He pounced, unloading with an onslaught of hammerfists, but couldn’t put Sarafian away before time in the round wound down.

He came close again in round three, but couldn’t close out the deal because he gave everything he had in trying to finish in round two.

“He’s a tough guy. I thought I had him. I hit him with that uppercut and saw him go down. I went for the finish, didn’t get it,” Dollaway later recounted on Fuel TV’s post-fight show.

“I felt it in the third round; I drained my arms going for that finish. I really wanted to finish this guy, so I went for it.”

Dollaway couldn’t put Sarafian away, but he did do enough to earn the nod of two judges, winning the fight by split decision.

Now, he says he just wants to get back to work, stay busy, and leave his mark on the middleweight division in 2013.

“I want to get three or four fights this year and work my way into the Top 10.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all of your UFC on FX 7 news and fight coverage.

Valor Fights’ Corey Browning Plans Busy Year

He may have started his pro career off slowly, but Corey Browning plans a busy 2016. He returns to the cage at Valor Fights 32 on Friday. read news >>

Back from ACL Injury, Georgi Karakhanyan Wants to Stay Busy, Starting with Bellator 155

Finally bouncing back from an ACL injury, Georgi Karakhanyan wants to stay busy starting with Bellator 155 on Friday night. read news >>

Marcin Held on Dave Jansen Rematch: ‘I’m Going to Take Him Down and Finish Him’

Bellator MMA lightweight Marcin Held plans to rebound after having a six-fight win streak come to a halt in his last outing when he rematches Dave Jansen at Bellator 155. read news >>

Jason Novelli Heads into Titan FC 38 Co-Main Event Planning a Big Career Year

Finally getting his training on track, Jason Novelli heads into Saturday's Titan FC 38 with plans for it to be a career year for him. read news >>

Amanda Nunes: ‘Miesha Tate Has a Lot of Holes in Her Game’

Title challenger Amanda Nunes says women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate has 'a lot of holes in her game,' and plans to exploit them at UFC 200. read news >>

Amir Khan Wants to Showcase His Striking at ONE: Ascent to Power

A longtime Thai fighters, Amir Khan plans to show off his striking at ONE: Ascent to Power and make everyone take notice. read news >>

Tonya Evinger Plans to Punish Colleen Schneider in Invicta FC 17 Title Defense

Tonya Evinger has plans to put the hurt on Colleen Schneider in her Invicta FC 17 title defense on Saturday night. read news >>

Overeem ready to finally claim his long-awaited title shot

Alistair Overeem’s journey to the top of the UFC’s heavyweight division hasn’t gone quite as fast as expected. But on Sunday night, he gets his chance to make good on squandered opportunities by secu read news >>

Stipe Miocic is in the fight game to win title; plans to win it for Cleveland

No. 1 contender Stipe Miocic has had a vision of winning the belt since he started in the UFC. On Saturday night in enemy territory - Curitiba, Brazil at UFC 198 - Miocic plans to take out Fabricio W read news >>

Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 198

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino finally made her UFC debut, and while it wasn't against the opponent everyone once expected, she delivered a predictable result. Cyborg defeated Leslie Smith via first-roun read news >>