Brock Lesnar Still on Track for UFC Return in Early 2012


Brock Lesnar

Brock Lesnar at UFC 116

Brock Lesnar may be on a record pace. If Internet rumors were to be believed, the former UFC heavyweight champion and WWE superstar has been forced in and out of retirement too many times to count since he announced his second bout with diverticulitis.

Of course, he was also rumored for the first UFC on Fox main event, despite the fact that he hasn’t even returned to training yet.

Less than a month ago, when the UFC and Fox television deal was announced, UFC president Dana White told MMAWeekly.com, “Brock’s gonna get back in the gym in September. Brock will probably be back the first of the year.”

The rumor mill continued to crank away, however, churning out more talk of Lesnar’s demise, recent rumblings once again pointing to a forced retirement due to his health.

“That’s ridiculous. It’s so far from the truth it’s not even funny,” White blasted back on Friday when asked about the rumors.

“The guy is working up on a farm up in Canada all summer. He’s 100 percent. His surgery went great. He’s 100 percent. He’s getting back into training here in the next couple of weeks.”

Lesnar had surgery in late May to help him deal with a second bout of diverticulitis. The resurgence of the intestinal disorder kept him out of the main event of UFC 131 in Vancouver. He was to have fought Junior dos Santos for the number one contender spot in the UFC heavyweight division.

“They removed about 12 inches of his colon, repaired it, he feels great… the operation was a huge success,” White had said the day after Lesnar’s procedure.

So while the rumors continue to churn, and likely won’t stop anytime soon in our TMZ world, according to White, Lesnar is on track and should be stepping back in the Octagon sometime around the beginning of the New Year.

Follow @KenPishna on Twitter or e-mail Ken Pishna.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 28 days ago
  • 405 views

If former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is going to make his return to mixed martial arts (MMA) in 2015, he can't be walking around the locker room at 300+ po read news >>

  • 28 days ago
  • 8 views

A recent report has nearly everyone, including WWE officials, believing that former UFC champ Brock Lesnar is intending to return to the Octagon in 2015. read news >>

  • 17 days ago
  • 11 views

Will 2015 be the year that sees the return of two of the biggest box office draws in UFC history? Georges St-Pierre has still not committed to making his return to the Octagon after stepping away fro read news >>

  • 14 days ago
  • 35 views

Brendan Schaub speaks about a potential UFC return of Brock Lesnar. There have been mumblings that Brock Lesnar will be looking for a UFC return after his pro-wrestling deal expires in a couple of mo read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 10 views

According to insiders in the WWE, Brock Lesnar's days as a professional wrestler may be winding down, and his days as a UFC heavyweight contender may just be starting back up. According to Dave Meltz read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 93 views

Former UFC heavyweight Don Frye explains why he believes CM Punk's decision to join the UFC is idiotic. read news >>

  • 25 days ago
  • 22 views

UFC President Dana White is still holding out hope that two of the organization’s biggest pay-per-view stars will return to the octagon in 2015.Filed under: News read news >>

  • 25 days ago
  • 122 views

UFC president Dana White on Tuesday weighed in on Jones vs. Cormier, and also admitted he is hopeful for Georges St-Pierre and Brock Lesnar returns. read news >>

  • 17 days ago
  • 51 views

Dana White spoke about various topics including any punishment for Jon Jones from violating the UFC code of conduct, and the return of two of the biggest UFC draws in Georges St-Pierre and Brock Lesn read news >>