Brian Stann Predicts Chael Sonnen Defeats Anderson Silva at UFC 147: Fan's Look (Yahoo! Contributor Network)

• submit to reddit

By Cheryl Ragsdale,

Brian Stann is one of my favorite UFC fighters. Before giving Brian's prediction for Silva vs Sonnen 2 and what he's thinking about his upcoming match against Alessio Sakara on April 14 on Fuel TV—starting at noon on the west coast and 3 pm on the east coast—take a look at this hilarious video featuring Brian.

If I were to describe him, I'd say that he's what I call a "stand-up" guy meaning loyal, trustworthy and reliable, a guy who would fight on my side. Plus he looks good…even when a lazy fly has decided that his granite chin is a fantastic place to hang out and rest for awhile. This is one of the best, unexpectedly funny videos I've ever seen.

Brian Stann vs The Fly video

Silva vs Sonnen: who wins at UFC 146?

Brian Stann appeared on "UFC Tonight" on Fuel TV on April 3, 2012. He made his prediction on Silva vs Sonnen 2, "I think that Chael Sonnen takes it. There are a lot of factors that are going to play into that. Just similar to when I fought Chael, I think he's particularly a very, very difficult match up for Anderson Silva. Just due to the years and years of difference in grappling and how physical Chael is when he's on top. We're going to have to see some new techniques from Anderson that he wasn't able to showcase in his first fight. But, if Chael performs the way he did against Bisping, he could be in for a long night against Anderson."

Stann would like a rematch with Sonnen

Brian said he'd like another shot at Chael Sonnen, "Absolutely. I don't feel like I performed my best. Just when I started to get my timing down against Chael, I made a very big tactical error. Some of the techniques we were working on for that fight, they were still a little bit out of my comfort zone."

UFC on Fuel TV 2: Gustafsson vs. Silva

Brian spoke about his upcoming fight with Alessio Sakara on UFC on Fuel TV 2. "If we go toe-to-toe on this fight, I believe that I have the advantage. I feel like I have more power than anyone in the middleweight division. And I'm happy to prove that in any fight…I haven't thought about who I'll fight after this fight, to be honest. This is an important fight for me. I haven't looked past it. Beat Alessio Sakara, get a finish in this fight. That's what I want to do. Then I want a top-five guy and get back towards the title fight."

UFC on Fuel TV 2 starts at 12pm PT / 3pm ET on Saturday, Apr 14th - live from Stockholm, Sweden.

UFC on Fuel TV 2: Gustaffson vs Silva Fight Card

Thoresen vs Yousef

Young vs Wisely

Source: show notes from "UFC Tonight" on Fuel TV on April 3, 2012

More from this contributor:

Greg Jackson Will Corner Jon Jones at UFC 145: Fan's Look

Top 5 Boxers in MMA Chosen by Freddie Roach and Andre Ward

RNC Choke Kills WWE Wrestlemania Fan Who 'Refused to Give Up or Tap Out': Fan Reaction

Would You Tap? Gracie BreakDown of Rousey-Tate Armbar

Armed Robbery Foiled by MMA Fighter in Chicago: Fan Reaction

Cheryl Ragsdale started out boxing and has added kicks and BJJ so she can practice MMA. She trains with Keith Florian and UFC Fighter Kenny Florian at Florian Martial Arts - follow @thatgirlisfunny

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

LAS VEGAS - UFC president Dana White held his annual Fan Expo question-and-answer session with the fans on Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. As usual, the event was a mix of the serious, the less serious, and the absurd, ranging from detailed questions about the company's business to painful-to-watch attempts at business pitches. One thing the UFC boss did indicate, however, is that he could very well by on the same wavelength as the fans who want the much-discussed potential Ander read news >>

LAS VEGAS -- UFC president Dana White discusses job opportunities in the UFC, Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz, Joe Rogan's fighting future, Gina Carano, Georges St-Pierre, and much more Friday evening at the UFC Fan Expo. read news >>

From Yahoo Sports: The former UFC contender endured a rambling hearing that toggled between friendly and contentious while waiting to hear the Nevada State Athletic Commission's judgment. read news >>

UFC light-heavyweight competitor Wanderlei Silva is convinced that Chael Sonnen will return to the octagon once he finishes his suspension. Although it would appear that Chael Sonnen's professional career as a Mixed Martial Artist is complete, Wanderlei Silva is still convinced that his longtime nemesis will still weasel his way back to the octagon once he competes his suspension. "I think he retired just for now, I think after finishing his suspension, he's gonna (come) back," Wand told Submiss read news >>

With his fighting status in limbo, Wanderlei Silva remains hopeful he'll get a chance to settle up with Chael Sonnen in the Octagon. "I think he retired just for now, I think after finishing his suspension, he's gonna (come) back," Silva told Submission Radio. "I hope this fight is gonna happen." "I think him and [Vitor] Belfort are just the two good fights that have a reason to happen for me." The pair were slated to fight Jul. 5 at UFC 175 before they each ran afoul of the Nevada State Athleti read news >>

A look at the turbulent year of 2011 in the career of Chael Sonnen. Including his battles with athletic commissions and return to the cage after a suspension for his failed drug test following the first Anderson Silva bout. When last we left Chael Sonnen, he was embattled in a public tussle with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. If you missed part one, you can read it here. Sonnen had gone in front of the California commission following a failed drug test in California and claimed that he'd read news >>

Chris Weidman knocked Anderson Silva out at UFC 162. He stopped him again in their rematch at UFC 168 after Silva snapped his leg on a checked kick. He defeated the greatest fighter on the face of the planet twice, successfully calling the middleweight throne his own in the process. Even after doing all of that, some people still feel the newly crowned champ lacks the sort of credibility his predecessor had. He’ll be stepping into the Octagon against Lyoto Machida on Saturday, July 5 at UFC 175  read news >>

If you didn't see it the first time around with the rest of the world, you'll want to check out Chris Weidman's knockout of Anderson Silva, the fight that earned him the UFC middleweight championship. read news >>

Guilherme Vasconcelos was Chael Sonnen’s last pick on The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3, but the scenario changed as soon as the fighters entered the house. Vasconcelos, who submitted Markus Perez in the preliminary round of the reality show earlier this year, became one of Sonnen’s closest friends in there. Not every fighter on the cast could speak English, so "Bomba" used that as an advantage. He failed to advance to the semifinals after losing a decision to Ricardo Abreu, but that didn’t change S read news >>