As Bellator approaches their next middleweight tournament, Brian Rogers is ready to show a new kind of animal that all 185lb fighters should fear.

Rogers has been one punch or one kick away from making it to the tournament finals each of the last two times he’s been in the tournament, but things ultimately didn’t go his way.

As explosive and dangerous as any striker at middleweight, Rogers’ aggressiveness and willingness to throw down with any opponent has also come back to bite him in fights with Alexander Shlemenko and Andreas Spang.

Now the former school teacher is training full time, traveling to work with top teams like Firas Zahabi and his students at Tristar gym in Montreal, and it’s creating a whole new and more dangerous version of Rogers.

“Being full time definitely helped, but I tried to look at myself outside the box and look at myself as a fan and as a coach, and evaluate my performances on film, and be brutally honest with myself about things. I took a look back and decided it would be best to go full time, and just train, and it helped out in my preparation just in my strength and conditioning with my skill, my technique and everything else,” Rogers said after his win over Dominique Steele at Bellator 78.

The new, more controlled aggression allowed Rogers to absolutely batter Steele over the full 15-minutes, but when the finish didn’t come from some deadly combinations landed, the Ohio native didn’t rush in to try to force things as he had done in past fights. Instead, Rogers backed out, reset, and continued his assault on Steele.

The end was result was Rogers first unanimous decision win, and he looks at that as progression in his game and proof that he can go 15-minutes and be just as dominant as he does in a 2-minute knockout.

“I kind of thought that’s how it may go. It’s been kind of a goal of mine to have a unanimous decision win. Not a split decision, not sneak one out, just be in control for 15-minutes and I think that’s what I was able to do tonight,” said Rogers.

“It’s a small notch on the belt for me, now next time I’ll try to get 10-8 rounds on the way.”

Rogers isn’t done evolving just yet either. The win over Steele was a way to get back on track and show off some new tricks.

The real evolution of Brian Rogers will show when he enters the next Bellator middleweight tournament, and all of the 185lb fighters have been served notice as of now that he’s back and more dangerous than never before.

“I’ve got a ground game that no one’s seen yet because they haven’t put me there, and I haven’t needed to put them there,” Rogers said.

“I’m just excited to keep evolving and keep moving forward, kind of a mentality switch overall.”

Alessio Sakara is Looking to Knock Out Brian Rogers at Bellator 152

MMA veteran Alessio Sakara is looking to score a knockout over Brian Rogers in the Bellator 152 co-main event in Torino, Italy on Saturday. read news >>

Fighting in Italy, Bellator 152's Brian Rogers won't leave anything to chance vs. Sakara

Brian Rogers said he’s honored to co-headline Bellator’s first overseas event when Bellator 152 goes down later this month. He also knows it’s a big risk.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Brian Rogers Plans to Unleash the Predator on Italy at Bellator 152

Back on track, Brian Rogers plans to unleash the Predator on Italy, when he faces Alessio Sakara this week at Bellator 152. read news >>

Women’s MMA Report: 'Cyborg’s' UFC debut set, Bellator books featherweight title fight

Invicta FC featherweight champion Cristiane Justino makes her long-awaited octagon debut on May 14 at UFC 198. Read more about that fight and other happenings in our latest Women’s MMA Report.Filed u read news >>

Dada 5000 Comments on Collapsing in Fight vs. Kimbo Slice at Bellator 149

Mixed martial artist Dhafir Harris, better known as Dada 5000, is speaking out about the scary circumstances around his knockout loss against Kimbo Slice at Bellator 149 in February. During a Wednesd read news >>

Benson Henderson not thinking of historic implications of winning Bellator title

Benson Henderson is just over a week away from his chance to become the first fighter in MMA history to win Bellator and UFC championship belts in a career.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Melvin Manhoef Kickboxing as Bellator Takes Italy; Guns for MMA Title Shot Next

On Saturday, Bellator will hold its first event in Torino, Italy, headlined by the company’s new kickboxing venture, which features Melvin Manhoef. read news >>

Video: Bellator 152 press conference highlights and media day face-offs

TURIN, Italy – Bellator is in Italy this week for the promotion’s first international event, and MMAjunkie was on scene as the card’s featured competitors were brought face to face for the first time read news >>

Douglas Lima Faces Chidi Njokuani in Bellator 156 Co-Main Event

A duo of Bellator MMA’s top welterweights, Chidi Njokuani and Douglas Lima, will square off in the co-main event of “Bellator 156: Galvao vs. Dantas 2” on June 17. read news >>

UFC Middleweights Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman Trade Barbs on Sportscenter

Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman were together on Wednesday morning on ESPN SportsCenter as they make the media rounds for their UFC 199 rematch. Rockhold, now UFC middleweight champion, took the stra read news >>