Brendan Schaub really wants to fight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Brazil, but the only problem is right now the fight hasn’t been offered.

Reports surfaced on Sunday stating that verbal agreements were in place for Schaub to face Nogueira in Brazil at UFC 134. According to, the bout had been verbally agreed by both fighters.

Schaub’s manager, Lex McMahon from Alchemist Management, told on Sunday that at this point in time the fight has not been offered, but if they are offered the fight, they will gladly accept.

Schaub has been vocal about landing a fight with Nogueira ever since knocking out Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic at UFC 128.

“That would be intense,” Schaub commented about fighting Nogueira in Brazil. “When that was brought up or mentioned to me a lot of my teammates and coaches were like ‘man, I don’t know if I’d do that, just to go out to Brazil and fight Nog in his hometown, I think it’s a huge risk,’ but I’ll be that guy if they want me to be that guy.”

Nogueira has been out of action since last February when he was knocked out by Cain Velasquez in Australia. After that fight, he underwent several surgeries to clear up problems with his knee and hips.

Nogueira has stated on several occasions that he hoped to return on the August card in his home country of Brazil, and he has at least one opponent that’s more than happy to face him there. will continue to follow the story as it develops.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow on Twitter and Facebook.

If Brendan Schaub isn’t retired, UFC 192 winner Derrick Lewis would like to fight him

• 6 hours ago

After a third-round TKO of Viktor Pesta (10-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) at this past Saturday’s UFC 192, UFC heavyweight Derrick Lewis said he’d like to avenge his two losses in the promotion’s octagon – but not read news >>

Tweet of the day: Ben Henderson offered to fight Tyron Woodley at UFC 192

Not that it was ever going to happen, but Ben Henderson offered to fight Tyron Woodley at UFC 192 after Johny Hendricks was pulled from the card. Tonight's UFC 192 co-main event was supposed to be Ty read news >>

Alexander Gustafsson admits he was 'a little bit shocked' when offered title shot

HOUSTON -- Alexander Gustafsson talks about his UFC 192 light heavyweight title fight against Daniel Cormier, his confidence going into the fight, his reaction when he was offered the fight, Jon Jone read news >>

Anthony Pettis says he never offered to help Donald Cerrone train for Rafael dos Anjos

This past week, Donald Cerrone appeared on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, and he talked about his upcoming lightweight title fight against Rafael dos Anjos, which takes place Dec. 19 in Orlando, F read news >>

Instagram Beef: Anthony Pettis, Rafael dos Anjos and cereal boxes

UFC stars Anthony Pettis and Rafael dos Anjos beef on instagram. Anthony Pettis recently offered to help Donald Cerrone to train for his title bout, because he apparently 'hates that motherf****r' Ra read news >>

Video: BJ Penn explains why Dana White canceled his UFC super fight against Robbie Lawler

"Dana offered me Robbie Lawler at one point, I said 'Yes Dana, I'll take the fight.' It was me and Robbie Lawler, then Dana calls me back and says 'No, I got two of my young stars, that doesn't make read news >>

Ronda Rousey Offered $100,000 Fight Challenge by UFC Legend Tank Abbott

Former UFC star David “Tank” Abbott has issued a remarkable challenge to Ronda Rousey and any other woman on the planet to fight him, insisting he would pay $100,000 to anyone who could beat him. Abb read news >>

Dana White has ‘nothing to tell you’ about Fedor: ‘I don’t know what their plans are’

UFC President Dana White offered some insight into the potential negotiations between the UFC and Fedor Emelianenko. UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey may be the featured attraction at t read news >>

VanZant flattered and ‘thankful’ for Rousey comparisons

Rising UFC strawweight Paige VanZant offered her thoughts on the comparisons being made between her and bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey. Not only did UFC superstar Ronda Rousey prove to be the sole r read news >>