When Antonio Silva enters the Octagon next Saturday for his rematch with Cain Velasquez at UFC 160, he will do so as a heavy underdog.

“Bigfoot’s” first encounter with the reigning heavyweight champion was not a pretty one, as Velasquez planted the massive Brazilian on his back and battered him with a barrage of punches and elbows one year ago at UFC 146. In spite of that result, and his current status as a 4-1 long shot, Silva nevertheless believes that he will walk away from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with championship gold around his waist.

“I like when people underestimate me. It’s nice, because I get to go out there and [prove] them wrong,” Silva recently said during a media conference call. “There are no superheroes in this sport. Nobody is invincible. I’ve been putting in a lot of hard work in the last nine weeks. I’ve been preparing myself, and I’m very confident that I’m going to have my arm raised on May 25.”

As Silva mentioned, this would not be the first time he has been counted out against a favored opponent. Following the heavyweight’s one-sided loss to Velasquez, bookmakers listed him as an underdog against both Travis Browne and Alistair Overeem. “Bigfoot” won both fights by knockout.

With those convincing victories nestled securely in his back pocket, Silva now appears to be a far more confident fighter than when he previously faced Velasquez.

“In our first fight, I was nervous and anxious, but I have replaced those emotions. Now, I am calm and driven. I really want this,” said Silva. “Comparing my style of fighting to Cain -- I would have to be born again to become faster than Cain Velasquez. I’ve got 30 pounds on him. He’s going to be faster than me. I need to work with what I have, and what I have is very, very heavy hands. I’m going to keep my hands healthy and heavy, and I’m sure that the first punch I really land, he’s going to go down.”

Though Silva admitted that much of his preparation and strategy will carry over from his first meeting with the champion, the 33-year-old plans to effect one key change in the rematch.

“A lot of my preparation has been the same as it was for the first fight. Obviously, in the first fight, I made a big mistake, but there were a lot of things that I did right going into that fight that, unfortunately, you guys didn’t get to see,” said Silva. “Much of that has been maintained, but overall, the main strategy is just to not let his elbows get near my forehead. That would be a change.”

Alain Moussi on Working with Georges St-Pierre and Cain Velasquez in Kickboxer Reboot | MMAWeekly.com

Action star Alain Moussi is the lead in the Kickboxer: Vengeance reboot. He dishes on working alongside Georges St-Pierre, Cain Velasquez, and more. read news >>

Manager expects 'Bigfoot' Silva to be released, head overseas, comments on Roy Nelson kick

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Cain Velasquez rematches Fabricio Werdum at UFC 207 in Las Vegas

The two former heavyweight champions meet on Dec. 30. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum and Cain Velasquez Rematch Booked for Year's End | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey fight card has been growing fast this week, but got its biggest addition yet on Thursday. read news >>

UFC 207: Cain Velasquez-Fabricio Werdum Rematch Official

UFC 207 was heavily rumored to contain a rematch between former heavyweight champions Fabricio Werdum and Cain Velasquez, now the fight has been made official.Yahoo's Kevin Iole reported the mat read news >>

Cain Velasquez and Fabricio Werdum to rematch at UFC 207

Former heavyweight champs will clash for a second time at UFC 207.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Fabricio Werdum vs. Cain Velasquez 2 official for UFC 207

A heavyweight title between former foes Fabricio Werdum and Cain Velasquez has been added to UFC 207 in December.A heavyweight rematch between former champions Cain Velasquez vs. Fabrcio Werdum has b read news >>

Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum Announced for UFC 207: Comments, Reaction

Cain Velasquez lost to Fabricio Werdum by third-round submission at UFC 188 in June 2015, but the promotion announced Thursday that the 34-year-old will have a shot at redemption. According to the Lo read news >>

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva a free agent after heavyweight, UFC decline to renew contract

Antonio Silva’s UFC career is over for the time being after more than four years and 11 octagon appearances with the organization.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Breaking down Werdum-Velasquez 2

The long-anticipated rematch between Fabricio Werdum and Cain Velasquez at UFC 207 in Las Vegas closes out 2016 with what has now become a can’t-miss card, one that also features the return of Ronda read news >>