09-Ben-Rothwell-UFC 135w_3748Ben Rothwell looked to get his UFC career back on the right track with a final round TKO victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 164 in Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Rothwell, 31, who referred to himself as a “fat heavyweight,” has implemented change in his life, which includes clean living and eating and attributes his Octagon success to the change.

“I’ve changed a lot in my training, as you can see. I’ve been known to gas, but the best of me came out in the third round. Who would have guessed?” Rothwell said on the UFC post-fight show on Fox Sports 2.

“There’s definitely some exciting changes. I’ve got some fire to burn, as the coaches say. The biggest effect I’ve had is that I’ve always been known as a fat heavyweight. I’ve literally cut off every bad thing in my life. I love video games; I haven’t played them in six months. I stopped doing a lot of dumb things.”

“All I do is watch my diet. I cook for myself. I grow a garden. I eat clean and I’ve got a full support system,” he continued.

With losses to top level heavyweight’s Cain Velasquez and Mark Hunt on his record, a revamped Rothwell is looking to give it another crack at the top level, but admits he isn’t getting ahead of himself just yet.

“All I do is train. I go what does a world champion do? And I wasn’t doing it and tonight a little bit came out. I still got work to do, but I’m here through work and to improve and impress the fans.

“I’m not getting ahead of myself. It was a fight I was supposed to win. I had to win and I’m just glad we had a great fight. It enabled me to test myself.”

(Follow @AndrewMMA_ on Twitter)

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Conor McGregor has caught the ire of Fabricio Werdum (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Werdum has found success all over the world, so when McGregor criticized Rafael dos Anjos for moving to the United States, Werdum could only laugh and shake his head. read news >>

Conor McGregor has caught the ire of Fabricio Werdum (Yahoo Sports)

Conor McGregor Did Not Appreciate Floyd Mayweather’s Racial Comments (Video)

Featherweight champion Conor McGregor responded to Floyd Mayweather's recent comments about race directed toward him and Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Secret to success: Inside look at Sage Northcutt's fighting style

What makes Sage Northcutt such a threat in the Octagon? Here's an inside look at his fighting style ahead of his clash at Fight Night New Jersey on Sat., Jan. 30 2016. read news >>

UFC Road to the Octagon: Josh Barnett vs. Ben Rothwell

UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett and Ben Rothwell both stand to gain a lot with a win at UFC Fight Night Newark in the co-main event. read news >>

Ben Rothwell and the Fear of Being Yourself

It was a couple of days after Christmas when Ben Rothwell was six years old that he woke up in the morning and couldn't see anything at all. He'd gone suddenly and terrifyingly blind. He woke up his read news >>

Conor McGregor Video: ‘I Am in a League of My Own’

When it comes to the UFC's success in 2015, featherweight champ Conor McGregor isn't shy about pointing to himself as the reason. read news >>

UFC on FOX 18 Open Workout Highlight Video

Catch up with Anthony Johnson, Ryan Bader, Sage Northcutt, Ben Rothwell, and Josh Barnett ahead of UFC on FOX 18 at Thursday's Open Workouts in Hoboken, N.J. read news >>

Dana White Says ‘Lookin’ for a Fight’ All In A Day’s Work

When UFC President Dana White discusses the success of his series “Dana White: Lookin’ for a Fight,” he makes it sound so easy. read news >>

Anthony Smith: Victory FC 47 main-event opponent Josh Neer 'saved my career'

Anthony Smith said he credits Josh Neer for kickstarting the six-fight winning streak that leads him into Friday’s Victory FC 47 main event. A win in that headliner could possibly result in a UFC con read news >>