09-Ben-Rothwell-UFC 135w_3748Ben Rothwell looked to get his UFC career back on the right track with a final round TKO victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 164 in Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Rothwell, 31, who referred to himself as a “fat heavyweight,” has implemented change in his life, which includes clean living and eating and attributes his Octagon success to the change.

“I’ve changed a lot in my training, as you can see. I’ve been known to gas, but the best of me came out in the third round. Who would have guessed?” Rothwell said on the UFC post-fight show on Fox Sports 2.

“There’s definitely some exciting changes. I’ve got some fire to burn, as the coaches say. The biggest effect I’ve had is that I’ve always been known as a fat heavyweight. I’ve literally cut off every bad thing in my life. I love video games; I haven’t played them in six months. I stopped doing a lot of dumb things.”

“All I do is watch my diet. I cook for myself. I grow a garden. I eat clean and I’ve got a full support system,” he continued.

With losses to top level heavyweight’s Cain Velasquez and Mark Hunt on his record, a revamped Rothwell is looking to give it another crack at the top level, but admits he isn’t getting ahead of himself just yet.

“All I do is train. I go what does a world champion do? And I wasn’t doing it and tonight a little bit came out. I still got work to do, but I’m here through work and to improve and impress the fans.

“I’m not getting ahead of myself. It was a fight I was supposed to win. I had to win and I’m just glad we had a great fight. It enabled me to test myself.”

(Follow @AndrewMMA_ on Twitter)

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Conor McGregor 'not in my plans for the next 10 months,' says UFC President Dana White

In spite of Conor McGregor’s recent clues that we might be seeing him sooner than originally expected, UFC president Dana White is still not counting on the lightweight champion for ten months.Filed read news >>

Gilbert Burns vs. Paul Felder added to UFC 208 in Brooklyn

A pair of lightweights looking to rebound from a recent loss is the latest addition to UFC 208.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Flyweight Champ Demetrious Johnson Sidelined for Several Months | MMAWeekly.com

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson won't require surgery for a recent knee injury, but he will be out of action for the next several months. read news >>

UFC 207's Louis Smolka 'stared at the bottom of a shot glass' to get over recent upset loss

Louis Smolka is owning every aspect of his surprise loss to Brandon Moreno earlier this year. He said he didn’t do his homework for the fight, so he suffered one of the year’s most stunning upsets.Fi read news >>

Former UFC fighter Elizabeth Phillips a late addition to Saturday's reshuffled Invicta FC 21

Recent UFC competitor Elizabeth Phillips is a late addition to Saturday’s Invicta FC 21 lineup.Filed under: News read news >>

UFC champion Amanda Nunes credits relationship for making her better fighter

Job-related miscommunication in her relationship is not something Amanda Nunes has to worry about as she prepares to face Ronda Rousey at UFC 207 on Friday. Nunes’ girlfriend, Nina Ansaroff, is going read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 Results: Winners, Scorecards for Rodriguez vs. Penn Card

• 9 hours ago

The 38-year-old B.J. Penn has plenty of UFC success on his resume, but he was no match for the 24-year-old Yair Rodriguez on Sunday at UFC Fight Night 103 in Phoenix's Talking Stick Resort Arena. Rod read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 bonuses: Yair Rodriguez leads charge for extra checks with $50,000

• 9 hours ago

PHOENIX – Yair Rodriguez, Aleksei Oleinik, Augusto Mendes and Frankie Saenz each earned $50,000 fight-night bonuses at Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 103 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Yair Rodriguez vs. B.J. Penn Results: Winner, Reaction from UFC Fight Night 103

• 10 hours ago

“The Prodigy” never had a shot. Yair Rodriguez entered as one of the shining future stars for the UFC, and he performed up to that billing. B.J. Penn was ousted without much trouble. Rodriguez’s spee read news >>

Sergio Pettis Takes the Win Over John Moraga (UFC Phoenix Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

• 9 hours ago

Check out Sergio Pettis as he takes the win over John Moraga at UFC Fight Night 103: Rodriguez vs. Penn in Phoenix. read news >>