09-Ben-Rothwell-UFC 135w_3748Ben Rothwell looked to get his UFC career back on the right track with a final round TKO victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 164 in Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Rothwell, 31, who referred to himself as a “fat heavyweight,” has implemented change in his life, which includes clean living and eating and attributes his Octagon success to the change.

“I’ve changed a lot in my training, as you can see. I’ve been known to gas, but the best of me came out in the third round. Who would have guessed?” Rothwell said on the UFC post-fight show on Fox Sports 2.

“There’s definitely some exciting changes. I’ve got some fire to burn, as the coaches say. The biggest effect I’ve had is that I’ve always been known as a fat heavyweight. I’ve literally cut off every bad thing in my life. I love video games; I haven’t played them in six months. I stopped doing a lot of dumb things.”

“All I do is watch my diet. I cook for myself. I grow a garden. I eat clean and I’ve got a full support system,” he continued.

With losses to top level heavyweight’s Cain Velasquez and Mark Hunt on his record, a revamped Rothwell is looking to give it another crack at the top level, but admits he isn’t getting ahead of himself just yet.

“All I do is train. I go what does a world champion do? And I wasn’t doing it and tonight a little bit came out. I still got work to do, but I’m here through work and to improve and impress the fans.

“I’m not getting ahead of myself. It was a fight I was supposed to win. I had to win and I’m just glad we had a great fight. It enabled me to test myself.”

(Follow @AndrewMMA_ on Twitter)

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Chael Sonnen Weighs In on BJ Penn’s IV Ban Suspension

Chael Sonnen weighs in on UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn's recent suspension for violating the IV ban portion of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy. read news >>

Jose Torres taking IMMAF success to the pros

Jose Torres's amateur career consisted of 25 consecutive wins and two world championship. Now he's finally in the pros and thus far his success is translating. read news >>

Anderson Silva steps up to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

After a earth-shattering last 24 hours, Daniel Cormier found an opponent for UFC 200: UFC legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva. Here's how it all came together and what Silva said about his fight. read news >>

UFC 200 Is Set Following Tension Filled Morning Weigh-Ins

UFC 200 is on! The new trend of early weigh-ins has been a success thus far, but UFC 200 is the gift that keeps giving. Although Dana White and company may not be wanting these kinds of gifts. The fi read news >>

Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marin Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 200

Lightweight Sage "Super" Northcutt (8-1) rebounded from his recent loss to Bryan Barberena by eking out a decision win over Enrique "Wasabi" Marin (8-4) at UFC 200 on Saturday. The three-round, 15-mi read news >>

Fedor Emelianenko’s Win Over Fabio Maldonado Overturned, but Russians Refuse Decision

Fedor Emelianenko's recent victory over UFC veteran Fabio Maldonado has been changed to a unanimous draw. read news >>

Bad Blood Boils Over Between Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen

Chael Sonnen's recent comments on Jon Jones being yanked from UFC 200 has stirred a hornet's nest, and now there's some choice words between the two camps. read news >>

Holly Holm on Jon Jones Doping Violation: ‘We stick together as a team’ (Video)

As distracting as Jon Jones' recent anti-doping violation might be, teammate Holly Holm said, while Jackson-Wink MMA sticks together, she has remained focused. read news >>

Trevin Giles Looking to Remain Unbeaten Against Josh Clark at RFA 41

• 9 hours ago

Trevin Giles was slated to face recent UFC signee Tom Gigliotti at RFA 41 on July 29, but will now face Josh Clark in the evening’s middleweight main event. read news >>