09-Ben-Rothwell-UFC 135w_3748Ben Rothwell looked to get his UFC career back on the right track with a final round TKO victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 164 in Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Rothwell, 31, who referred to himself as a “fat heavyweight,” has implemented change in his life, which includes clean living and eating and attributes his Octagon success to the change.

“I’ve changed a lot in my training, as you can see. I’ve been known to gas, but the best of me came out in the third round. Who would have guessed?” Rothwell said on the UFC post-fight show on Fox Sports 2.

“There’s definitely some exciting changes. I’ve got some fire to burn, as the coaches say. The biggest effect I’ve had is that I’ve always been known as a fat heavyweight. I’ve literally cut off every bad thing in my life. I love video games; I haven’t played them in six months. I stopped doing a lot of dumb things.”

“All I do is watch my diet. I cook for myself. I grow a garden. I eat clean and I’ve got a full support system,” he continued.

With losses to top level heavyweight’s Cain Velasquez and Mark Hunt on his record, a revamped Rothwell is looking to give it another crack at the top level, but admits he isn’t getting ahead of himself just yet.

“All I do is train. I go what does a world champion do? And I wasn’t doing it and tonight a little bit came out. I still got work to do, but I’m here through work and to improve and impress the fans.

“I’m not getting ahead of myself. It was a fight I was supposed to win. I had to win and I’m just glad we had a great fight. It enabled me to test myself.”

(Follow @AndrewMMA_ on Twitter)

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

UFC Salt Lake City Video: Yair Rodriguez – Creative Combat

Dynamic featherweight Yair Rodriguez looks to build on his recent success on Aug. 6 when he meets Alex Caceres in the main event of UFC Fight Night 92. read news >>

UFC 202 Video: Anthony Johnson – Warrior Code

Anthony Johnson sits down to talk about why he fights, his fighting style, recent success, and plans for the future. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 92: Yair Rodriguez Could Hold the Key to UFC Success in Mexico

Saturday marks Yair Rodriguez’s first time in a UFC main event. If things go even remotely according to plan, it won’t be his last. Rodriguez’s clash with veteran Alex Caceres at UFC Fight Night 92 c read news >>

Chael Sonnen Rails on Association of Boxing Commissions’ Rules Changes (Video)

Chael Sonnen isn't cheering the ABC's recent MMA rules changes, particularly when it comes to the rule about what constitutes a downed fighter. read news >>

Superstars Blast Conor McGregor for Recent Comments About WWE Roster

Conor McGregor kicked a hornet's nest on Friday. Speaking with the media on a conference call to promote UFC 202, the pay-per-view kingpin was asked if he had any interest in making the jump to profe read news >>

Conor McGregor Not Worried, but Plotting, After UFC Sale (Video)

UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor isn't sweating the UFC's recent sale... he's plotting. read news >>

UFC 202 Video: Conor McGregor – The Takedown

In this episode of The Takedown, Conor McGregor sits down to discuss his confident mindset, career success, gift of gab, and bright future in the UFC. read news >>

Ben Rothwell Injured, Out of UFC 203 Co-Main Event

Ben Rothwell has been forced out of his UFC 203 co-main event bout with former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum due to injury. read news >>

Camp report: Longo shares training secrets

What's the secret behind the success for former UFC champion Chris Weidman, bantamweight contender Aljamain Sterling and rising lightweight star Al Iaquinta? Go inside their fight camp with coach Ray read news >>

Browne replaces Rothwell, gets Werdum rematch

An injury to heavyweight contender Ben Rothwell has given No. 7-ranked Travis Browne a shot at redemption on September 10 in Cleveland, as he meets up with former world champion Fabricio Werdum in th read news >>