09-Ben-Rothwell-UFC 135w_3748Ben Rothwell looked to get his UFC career back on the right track with a final round TKO victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 164 in Milwaukee on Saturday night.

Rothwell, 31, who referred to himself as a “fat heavyweight,” has implemented change in his life, which includes clean living and eating and attributes his Octagon success to the change.

“I’ve changed a lot in my training, as you can see. I’ve been known to gas, but the best of me came out in the third round. Who would have guessed?” Rothwell said on the UFC post-fight show on Fox Sports 2.

“There’s definitely some exciting changes. I’ve got some fire to burn, as the coaches say. The biggest effect I’ve had is that I’ve always been known as a fat heavyweight. I’ve literally cut off every bad thing in my life. I love video games; I haven’t played them in six months. I stopped doing a lot of dumb things.”

“All I do is watch my diet. I cook for myself. I grow a garden. I eat clean and I’ve got a full support system,” he continued.

With losses to top level heavyweight’s Cain Velasquez and Mark Hunt on his record, a revamped Rothwell is looking to give it another crack at the top level, but admits he isn’t getting ahead of himself just yet.

“All I do is train. I go what does a world champion do? And I wasn’t doing it and tonight a little bit came out. I still got work to do, but I’m here through work and to improve and impress the fans.

“I’m not getting ahead of myself. It was a fight I was supposed to win. I had to win and I’m just glad we had a great fight. It enabled me to test myself.”

(Follow @AndrewMMA_ on Twitter)

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Unbeaten James Vick Steps in to Face Evan Dunham at UFC 199

Lightweight Evan Dunham found out this week that he'd be facing a new opponent at UFC 199. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Trolls Ronda Rousey over Recent Beach Workout

Is Cris Cyborg a master troll, or did Ronda Rousey bring this on herself? Reasonable people can debate, but there can be no disagreement on one key point: Cyborg just got off a sick burn. Earlier thi read news >>

Veteran Fighter Blas Avena Found Dead, Police Suspect Suicide

Thirty-two-year-old mixed martial artist Blas Avena was found deceased in his apartment. Police are investigating his passing as a possible suicide. read news >>

Blas Avena, Former MMA Fighter, Dies at Age 32

Former Bellator and WEC mixed martial artist Blas Avena was found dead at the age of 32 in his Las Vegas apartment just before noon PT on Wednesday, per TMZ Sports. The Las Vegas Metro Police Departm read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>

Paige VanZant lands movie role thanks to 'Dancing With The Stars' success (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: "Kickboxer: Retaliation" producers added a role specifically for VanZant after watching her compete in the popular ballroom dancing competition TV show. read news >>

With his back against the wall, Trujillo has found new life

Abel Trujillo was on a losing skid and knew he had to find a way to win in his last fight. So he listened to a coach who told him he had to start getting comfortable in the uncomfortable and now he's read news >>