Bellator confirms 'Rampage' signing, includes TNA wrestling and reality series


quinton-jackson-36.jpgBellator MMA today confirmed the signing of Quinton Jackson and unveiled a “monumental, multi-year partnership” that includes work with TNA Wrestling and a reality series geared around his MMA debut.

Bellator, Spike TV and TNA Wrestling jointly announced the deal, which MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported earlier today.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“‘Rampage’ is a true superstar both inside and outside the MMA cage,” Bellator CEO and Chairman Bjorn Rebney stated. “The partnership that we’ve created with Quinton is unlike anything that’s ever been done in the sports and entertainment arena, and ‘Rampage’ is the perfect athlete/entertainer to carry it off.”

Additional details will be announced at a Wednesday press conference in Los Angeles.

Jackson (32-11 MMA, 0-0 BFC), a former PRIDE fighter and ex-UFC light-heavyweight champion, split with the UFC earlier this year following consecutive losses to champ Jon Jones, Ryan Bader and Glover Teixeira. By that point, he relationship with the organization, including UFC President Dana White, had soured, and both sides suggested a split would be advantageous.

Bellator and Spike TV, which Viacom owns, believe the 34-year-old should help sustain a ratings boost the organization saw earlier this year with its move from MTV2 to Spike TV.

“We are thrilled to create this opportunity for one of the greatest athletes and personalities in MMA,” Spike TV President Kevin Kay stated. “‘Rampage’ is a proven ratings driver who brings incredible star power to both Bellator and TNA.”

For the latest on Bellator’s schedule, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related

Related News

  • 10 days ago
  • 829 views

Where the heck in Quinton Jackson? It has been just over six months since we last saw "Rampage" inside the cage, a three-round unanimous decision win over Muhammed Lawal at Bellator 120. Turning away read news >>

  • 18 days ago
  • 15 views

King Mo Lawal says Bellator tried to put together a rematch with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, but Jackson doesn't want to fight him. read news >>

  • 8 days ago
  • 2 views

Former UFC and Bellator MMA fighter War Machine today plead not guilty to a variety of charges stemming from an alleged attack against former girlfriend Christy Mack and her friend, Corey Thomas.File read news >>

  • 25 days ago
  • 0 views

Find out what new Bellator MMA President Scott Coker thinks about the upcoming Bonnar-Ortiz fight and the rest of the Bellator 131 card. Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

  • 21 days ago
  • 10 views

Next week’s star-packed final event Bellator MMA event of 2014 has landed the promotion’s first TV deal on the 5* network in the United Kingdom. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

  • 19 days ago
  • 10 views

Bellator MMA fans in the United Kingdom got some good news as the Bellator 131: "Tito vs. Bonnar" fight card on Nov. 15 will be aired on the Viacom-owned 5* (Five Star) channel. "We are very pleased read news >>

  • 18 days ago
  • 4 views

Bellator MMA interim lightweight champion “Ill” Will Brooks surprised many when he won a five-round split decision over Michael Chandler at Bellator 120 in May. read news >>

  • 18 days ago
  • 8 views

Ten-fight Bellator MMA veteran Mike Richman is still eager to showcase the full extent of his abilities, and Bellator 131 opponent Nam Phan is the perfect opponent to do just that, he said.Filed unde read news >>

  • 17 days ago
  • 30 views

Wanderlei Silva’s relationship with Bellator MMA was short-lived. The UFC veteran has been pulled from an appearance just one day after it was announced.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, MMA Rumors, N read news >>

Related

Jump to: