Bellator Fighting has signed Sengoku veteran Michael Costa to its 170-pound division, the promotion announced Tuesday.

Costa, 29, currently serves as the head muay Thai instructor at Wand Fight Team in Las Vegas. The Brazilian joins Bellator's roster just days after his teammate, Vitor Vianna, signed with the promotion. It is currently unknown if Costa will compete in Bellator's upcoming fifth-season welterweight tournament.

“Anyone that has seen me fight before knows that I fight with all my heart, and that I fight to finish my fights by knockout,” said Costa in a release. “For me, fighting is a war. I want to finish all of my fights with Bellator so the fans remember my name.”

Formerly a member of the revered Chute Boxe camp in Brazil, Costa holds black belts in both muay Thai and jiu-jitsu. Costa made his Sengoku debut in 2008, nearly five years after he began his pro career in Brazil. The welterweight has fallen on rough times in the ring since he began fighting abroad, posting consecutive submission defeats to Nick Thompson and Makoto Takimoto in Sengoku before fighting Simeon Thoreson to a draw in 2009. The Brazilian rebounded in his most recent contest, however, earning a TKO victory over Danny Salinas in just 88 seconds in November.

“Now that I have this incredible opportunity with Bellator, I'm going to work harder than ever to make the most of it for myself, my fans, and my family. When people talk about Bellator, I want them to talk about Michael Costa. I want them to talk about me like they talk about Hector Lombard. I'm here to make a name for myself with Bellator, and that's what I'm about to do.”

Alexander Volkov signs with UFC, faces Timothy Johnson at UFN 99

Longtime Bellator MMA fighter Alexander Volkov has made the transition to the UFC and will debut against Timothy Johnson at UFC Fight Night 99.There's been many Bellator MMA fighters who have ma read news >>

Bellator MMA Announces Back-to-Back Events |

Bellator announced the promotion’s first ever Friday/Saturday doubleheader event with Bellator 166 and Bellator 167 taking place on consecutive nights. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Announced for Bellator 170: Comments, Reaction

Bellator will have perhaps the biggest night in its promotion history Jan. 21, when Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen headline Bellator 170 in Los Angeles. Scott Coker, Bellator's president, announced the read news >>

Coker Undeterred by Potential of Public Backlash Ahead of Bellator's Israel Debut | FIGHTLAND

Photo via Scott Coker/Twitter Last month, Bellator announced its first event in Israel, which is scheduled to take place on November 10 at Tel Aviv’s 11000-seat Menora Mivtachim Arena. The card boast read news >>

Bellator inks Cheick Kongo, Ilima Macfarlane to multi-fight contract extensions

Bellator has signed two of its notable fighters to contract extensions. Heavyweight Cheick Kongo and women’s flyweight Ilima Macfarlane have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the organi read news >>

Bellator Kickboxing: Florence Main Card Finalized |

Bellator Kickboxing announced today that it has added a trio of fights to its December 10 event at the Mandela Forum in Florence, Italy. read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz set for Jan. 21 in California as Bellator 170 headliner

As expected, “The Bad Guy” will indeed face “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.”Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Georgi Karakhanyan Completes Main Card for Bellator's First Show in Israel |

With Bellator’s groundbreaking fight in Israel just over a month away, the promotion on Tuesday announced a couple of updates to the fight card. read news >>

Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz Set for Bellator in Los Angeles |

Chael Sonnen will make his Bellator debut against none other than Tito Ortiz, officials confirmed on Tuesday evening. read news >>

Aldo's Retirement Could Be Catastrophic to a McGregor-Less Featherweight Division | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Cooper Neill/Zuffa LLC There is no doubt that championship belts used to mean a lot more in the UFC. As the titles continue to change hands and Conor McGregor once again skips the queue of t read news >>