Bellator Fighting has signed Sengoku veteran Michael Costa to its 170-pound division, the promotion announced Tuesday.

Costa, 29, currently serves as the head muay Thai instructor at Wand Fight Team in Las Vegas. The Brazilian joins Bellator's roster just days after his teammate, Vitor Vianna, signed with the promotion. It is currently unknown if Costa will compete in Bellator's upcoming fifth-season welterweight tournament.

“Anyone that has seen me fight before knows that I fight with all my heart, and that I fight to finish my fights by knockout,” said Costa in a release. “For me, fighting is a war. I want to finish all of my fights with Bellator so the fans remember my name.”

Formerly a member of the revered Chute Boxe camp in Brazil, Costa holds black belts in both muay Thai and jiu-jitsu. Costa made his Sengoku debut in 2008, nearly five years after he began his pro career in Brazil. The welterweight has fallen on rough times in the ring since he began fighting abroad, posting consecutive submission defeats to Nick Thompson and Makoto Takimoto in Sengoku before fighting Simeon Thoreson to a draw in 2009. The Brazilian rebounded in his most recent contest, however, earning a TKO victory over Danny Salinas in just 88 seconds in November.

“Now that I have this incredible opportunity with Bellator, I'm going to work harder than ever to make the most of it for myself, my fans, and my family. When people talk about Bellator, I want them to talk about Michael Costa. I want them to talk about me like they talk about Hector Lombard. I'm here to make a name for myself with Bellator, and that's what I'm about to do.”

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

Chael Sonnen Leaves UFC, Signs with Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen has officially ended his retirement from MMA competition. But he's not coming back to the UFC. read news >>

Veta Arteaga Knows What She Signed Up for at Bellator 161 | MMAWeekly.com

Undefeated flyweight Veta Arteaga knows what she signed up for at Bellator 161, and she's ready. read news >>

Chael Sonnen's Anger Motivated His Return | MMAWeekly.com

Ready to fight at gangster weight, Chael Sonnen signed with Bellator to make his MMA return. He said it's because he is angry. read news >>

UFC Adds Veteran MMA Executive Mick Maynard, Promotes Sean Shelby

UFC announced today the hiring of Mick Maynard as Vice President of Talent Relations. Maynard was president and owner of Houston-based Legacy Fighting Championship, an organization that helped launch read news >>

Bellator inks Cheick Kongo, Ilima Macfarlane to multi-fight contract extensions

• 15 hours ago

Bellator has signed two of its notable fighters to contract extensions. Heavyweight Cheick Kongo and women’s flyweight Ilima Macfarlane have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the organi read news >>

Aldo's Retirement Could Be Catastrophic to a McGregor-Less Featherweight Division | FIGHTLAND

• 12 hours ago

Photo by Cooper Neill/Zuffa LLC There is no doubt that championship belts used to mean a lot more in the UFC. As the titles continue to change hands and Conor McGregor once again skips the queue of t read news >>

What Kind of Impact Can Chael Sonnen Make for Bellator?

Little by little, Bellator has chipped away at the UFC’s stable of talent, taking a supporting player here, a headliner there. From Phil Davis to Benson Henderson to Rory MacDonald, the additions hav read news >>

Goodbye Gridlock: UFC's Top 10 Middleweights All Fight in Next 2 Months

It’s hard to believe, but the UFC middleweight division has never really recovered from Anderson Silva losing his title back in 2013. Once a pillar of consistency during Silva’s near seven-year reign read news >>

Bellator Announces MMA and Kickboxing Events in Italy | MMAWeekly.com

Within days of Bellator Kickboxing: Budapest, the Scott Coker-led promotion hosted a press conference in Florence, Italy to announce its next international event. read news >>