Bellator Fighting has signed Sengoku veteran Michael Costa to its 170-pound division, the promotion announced Tuesday.

Costa, 29, currently serves as the head muay Thai instructor at Wand Fight Team in Las Vegas. The Brazilian joins Bellator's roster just days after his teammate, Vitor Vianna, signed with the promotion. It is currently unknown if Costa will compete in Bellator's upcoming fifth-season welterweight tournament.

“Anyone that has seen me fight before knows that I fight with all my heart, and that I fight to finish my fights by knockout,” said Costa in a release. “For me, fighting is a war. I want to finish all of my fights with Bellator so the fans remember my name.”

Formerly a member of the revered Chute Boxe camp in Brazil, Costa holds black belts in both muay Thai and jiu-jitsu. Costa made his Sengoku debut in 2008, nearly five years after he began his pro career in Brazil. The welterweight has fallen on rough times in the ring since he began fighting abroad, posting consecutive submission defeats to Nick Thompson and Makoto Takimoto in Sengoku before fighting Simeon Thoreson to a draw in 2009. The Brazilian rebounded in his most recent contest, however, earning a TKO victory over Danny Salinas in just 88 seconds in November.

“Now that I have this incredible opportunity with Bellator, I'm going to work harder than ever to make the most of it for myself, my fans, and my family. When people talk about Bellator, I want them to talk about Michael Costa. I want them to talk about me like they talk about Hector Lombard. I'm here to make a name for myself with Bellator, and that's what I'm about to do.”

UFC and Bellator Veteran Lavar Johnson Sentenced to Five Years for Domestic Violence

Former UFC, Bellator, and Strikeforce fighter Lavar Johnson was sentenced on Friday to five years in prison for domestic violence. read news >>

Bellator's Jordan Parsons Has Full Leg Amputated After Hit-and-Run Collision

Jordan Parsons, 25, a fighter competing in Bellator MMA's featherweight division, has lost his entire right leg after falling victim to a hit-and-run vehicle collision early Sunday morning in Florida read news >>

Bellator Signs Three-Time All-American Wrestler Jarod Trice

Bellator MMA is proud to announce the signing of three-time All American wrestling prospect Jarod Trice to an exclusive, multi-fight contract. read news >>

Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson 2 Announced for Bellator 158: Comments, Reaction

For the first time in eight years, Kimbo Slice and James Thompson will throw down in the Octagon. On Sunday, Bellator President Scott Coker announced on SportsCenter that Slice-Thompson II will take read news >>

Alessio Sakara is Looking to Knock Out Brian Rogers at Bellator 152

MMA veteran Alessio Sakara is looking to score a knockout over Brian Rogers in the Bellator 152 co-main event in Torino, Italy on Saturday. read news >>

Undefeated Brent Primus Taking Aim at the Top of Bellator Lightweight Division

Undefeated Brent Primus is ready to get busy rising up the ranks, taking aim at the top of the Bellator lightweight division. read news >>

Michael Page and Fernando Gonzalez set to meet at Bellator 158 in London

Michael Page will take the next step in his Bellator career when he faces streaking welterweight Fernando Gonzalez at Bellator 158.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Matt Mitrione makes Bellator debut against Carl Seumanutafa at Bellator 157

Matt Mitrione will step into the Bellator cage for the first time at Bellator 157 when the heavyweight squares off with Carl Seumanutafa.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 153 results: Andrey Koreshkov dominates Benson Henderson to retain title

All the talk leading up to Bellator 153 revolved around Benson Henderson’s jump from the UFC to Bellator. Andrey Koreshkov put a five round beating on Henderson to retain his welterweight title and r read news >>

Twitter reacts to Benson Henderson's upset loss to champ Koreshkov at Bellator 153

Benson Henderson was supposed to make waves in the first fight of his Bellator career at Bellator 153. Apparently Andrey Koreshkov didn’t receive the memo. Check out the top reactions to Koreshkov’s read news >>