Bellator Fighting has signed Sengoku veteran Michael Costa to its 170-pound division, the promotion announced Tuesday.

Costa, 29, currently serves as the head muay Thai instructor at Wand Fight Team in Las Vegas. The Brazilian joins Bellator's roster just days after his teammate, Vitor Vianna, signed with the promotion. It is currently unknown if Costa will compete in Bellator's upcoming fifth-season welterweight tournament.

“Anyone that has seen me fight before knows that I fight with all my heart, and that I fight to finish my fights by knockout,” said Costa in a release. “For me, fighting is a war. I want to finish all of my fights with Bellator so the fans remember my name.”

Formerly a member of the revered Chute Boxe camp in Brazil, Costa holds black belts in both muay Thai and jiu-jitsu. Costa made his Sengoku debut in 2008, nearly five years after he began his pro career in Brazil. The welterweight has fallen on rough times in the ring since he began fighting abroad, posting consecutive submission defeats to Nick Thompson and Makoto Takimoto in Sengoku before fighting Simeon Thoreson to a draw in 2009. The Brazilian rebounded in his most recent contest, however, earning a TKO victory over Danny Salinas in just 88 seconds in November.

“Now that I have this incredible opportunity with Bellator, I'm going to work harder than ever to make the most of it for myself, my fans, and my family. When people talk about Bellator, I want them to talk about Michael Costa. I want them to talk about me like they talk about Hector Lombard. I'm here to make a name for myself with Bellator, and that's what I'm about to do.”

World Series of Fighting Signs Heavyweights Jared Rosholt and Ashley Gooch

World Series of Fighting announced on Wednesday that it has signed heavyweights Jared “The Big Show” Rosholt and Ashley Gooch. read news >>

UFC FIGHT PASS signs worldwide live-event deal with TKO MMA

UFC FIGHT PASS announced a worldwide deal with president of TALION Sports Entertainment Inc., and former TKO MMA promoter, Stephane Patry to add the newly resurrected Canadian mixed martial arts prom read news >>

Hire Heroes USA to Ring Opening Bell at the New York Stock Exchange

Hire Heroes USA, the preeminent, national nonprofit organization providing veteran employment services, will ring the Opening Bell at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on Friday, August 12 2016. read news >>

Bellator 161 Main Card Complete with Addition of Derek Campos vs. Djamil Chan

A lightweight bout pitting Derek Campos against knockout specialist Djamil Chan has been added to the SPIKE-televised portion of “Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson." read news >>

John Lineker vs. John Dodson Headlines UFC Fight Night 96

John Lineker will face John Dodson at UFC Fight Night 96 on Oct. 1, officials announced on Saturday afternoon. read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson II Announced: Latest Details and Reaction

Michael Bisping will put his UFC middleweight title on the line in his home town of Manchester against veteran Dan Henderson on October 8. The fight will headline UFC 204 and was confirmed by the UFC read news >>

Ricardo Lamas vs. BJ Penn Announced for UFC Manila: Latest Details and Reaction

Ricardo Lamas will face BJ Penn in UFC Manila's headline fight, the UFC announced on Monday. UFC Asia tweeted the news: The featherweights will step into the Octagon on Saturday, October 15. More to read news >>

Penn vs. Lamas Headlines Manila Event

UFC, the world’s premier MMA organization, has announced its main event for UFC FIGHT NIGHT Manila. This year’s card will be headlined by a five-round featherweight bout between returning read news >>

World Series of Fighting Hits Madison Square Garden on New Year’s Eve

World Series of Fighting announced that it will bring its championship fight series to Madison Square Garden on New Year's Eve. read news >>

Invicta FC 19 Headlined by Two Title Fights, Including Maia vs. Modafferi

Invicta Fighting Championships announced on Wednesday its return to Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, Mo. on Friday, Sept. 23. read news >>