Bellator Fighting Championships on Thursday announced the signing of kickboxing specialist Cosmo Alexandre to its lightweight roster. “Good Boy” will make his promotional debut on Oct. 1 at Bellator 52.

“I’m coming to Bellator to put together some devastating knockouts,” Alexandre said in a release. “I want to knock my opponents out with head kicks, elbows and knees in the clinch. I can submit guys now and I’m definitely prepared to fight on the ground, but I’m definitely going to be looking for the knockout when I step inside that Bellator cage.”

An opponent has yet to be named for Alexadre’s debut. Bellator 52 will emanate from L’Auberge Du Lac Casino Resort in Lake Charles, La., and will feature the promotion’s fifth-season heavyweight tournament quarterfinals.

The 29-year-old Brazilian comes to Bellator after competing for roughly decade as a kickboxer, winning multiple titles. During his standup career, the Mike’s Gym representative knocked out nearly half of his 40 career victims while falling by knockout only once.

“I wanted to make the transition to MMA because I have already won all of the titles in kickboxing,” said Alexandre. “I won the King’s Cup Tournament championship, which is the biggest muay Thai tournament in all of Thailand, and I won the championship in It’s Showtime, which is the biggest kickboxing event in all of Europe. I have already accomplished everything I ever wanted to in kickboxing. I’ve fought and beat the biggest names, so now I want to fight with the best fighters in the world in MMA.”

Famous Cutman Jacob 'Stitch' Duran, Recently Fired by UFC, Signs with Bellator

Cutman Jacob "Stitch" Duran, a between-round fixture for many of the largest boxing and MMA fights in recent memory, has signed a multiyear deal with Bellator MMA less than a year after UFC officials read news >>

Andrey Koreshkov vs. Benson Henderson Results: Winner, Reaction for Bellator 153

When the Bellator brass decided to put new free-agent signing Benson Henderson in a title fight with Andrey Koreshkov, there was the potential for its reigning champion to receive a huge boost in pro read news >>

Stitch Duran on signing with Bellator: These are the projects I wanted to do

For Stitch Duran, being released from his duties as cutman in the UFC was merely the beginning of a flood of new opportunities.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, Videos, W read news >>

Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson 2 Announced for Bellator 158: Comments, Reaction

For the first time in eight years, Kimbo Slice and James Thompson will throw down in the Octagon. On Sunday, Bellator President Scott Coker announced on SportsCenter that Slice-Thompson II will take read news >>

Koscheck vs. Daley II co-headlines 'Bellator 158: Kimbo vs. Thompson II' in London

As expected Josh Koscheck and Paul Daley will finally meet again, and they’ll do so in Bellator 158’s co-headliner.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Against Phil Davis, Bellator 154's 'King Mo' focused on 'performance,' not 'taste'

All Muhammad Lawal wants right now is the chance to finish what he started on Sept. 19, 2015.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Latest Kimbo Slice booking proves that, as long as we watch, anything goes in Bellator

Kimbo Slice still isn’t cleared after failing a drug test for his last fight, which nearly killed a man. Now Bellator has rebooked him for a main event in London, telling us just how far it’s willing read news >>

Benson Henderson to Join Military Reserves After Retiring from MMA

Former UFC and WEC fighter Benson Henderson will make his Bellator debut Friday, but fans shouldn’t get used to seeing him in the cage. Henderson appeared on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani on Monday read news >>

Bellator 158 Topped by Kimbo vs. James Thompson and Paul Daley vs. Josh Koscheck Rematches

Rematches pitting Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson and Paul Daley vs. Josh Koscheck headline Bellator's debut event in London. read news >>

Bellator 158 press conference highlights: Daley and Koscheck are ready to go again

LONDON – Bellator was in London today to formally announce Bellator 158 and the featured rematches of James Thompson against Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson and Paul Daley against Josh Koscheck.Filed un read news >>