Bellator Fighting Championships on Thursday announced the signing of kickboxing specialist Cosmo Alexandre to its lightweight roster. “Good Boy” will make his promotional debut on Oct. 1 at Bellator 52.

“I’m coming to Bellator to put together some devastating knockouts,” Alexandre said in a release. “I want to knock my opponents out with head kicks, elbows and knees in the clinch. I can submit guys now and I’m definitely prepared to fight on the ground, but I’m definitely going to be looking for the knockout when I step inside that Bellator cage.”

An opponent has yet to be named for Alexadre’s debut. Bellator 52 will emanate from L’Auberge Du Lac Casino Resort in Lake Charles, La., and will feature the promotion’s fifth-season heavyweight tournament quarterfinals.

The 29-year-old Brazilian comes to Bellator after competing for roughly decade as a kickboxer, winning multiple titles. During his standup career, the Mike’s Gym representative knocked out nearly half of his 40 career victims while falling by knockout only once.

“I wanted to make the transition to MMA because I have already won all of the titles in kickboxing,” said Alexandre. “I won the King’s Cup Tournament championship, which is the biggest muay Thai tournament in all of Thailand, and I won the championship in It’s Showtime, which is the biggest kickboxing event in all of Europe. I have already accomplished everything I ever wanted to in kickboxing. I’ve fought and beat the biggest names, so now I want to fight with the best fighters in the world in MMA.”

Ralek Gracie Signs with Bellator MMA |

• 20 hours ago

Bellator MMA announced on Wednesday the signing of unbeaten prospect Ralek Gracie to an exclusive multi-fight, multi-year contract. read news >>

Ralek Gracie signs with Bellator, plans to debut at Bellator 170 in January

• a day ago

After signing a Bellator contract, Ralek Gracie is planning to compete in MMA for the first time since May 2010.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator MMA Announces Back-to-Back Events |

Bellator announced the promotion’s first ever Friday/Saturday doubleheader event with Bellator 166 and Bellator 167 taking place on consecutive nights. read news >>

Bellator Kickboxing: Florence Main Card Finalized |

Bellator Kickboxing announced today that it has added a trio of fights to its December 10 event at the Mandela Forum in Florence, Italy. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Announced for Bellator 170: Comments, Reaction

Bellator will have perhaps the biggest night in its promotion history Jan. 21, when Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen headline Bellator 170 in Los Angeles. Scott Coker, Bellator's president, announced the read news >>

Alexander Volkov signs with UFC, faces Timothy Johnson at UFN 99

Longtime Bellator MMA fighter Alexander Volkov has made the transition to the UFC and will debut against Timothy Johnson at UFC Fight Night 99.There's been many Bellator MMA fighters who have ma read news >>

Coker Undeterred by Potential of Public Backlash Ahead of Bellator's Israel Debut | FIGHTLAND

Photo via Scott Coker/Twitter Last month, Bellator announced its first event in Israel, which is scheduled to take place on November 10 at Tel Aviv’s 11000-seat Menora Mivtachim Arena. The card boast read news >>

Chael Sonnen, Tito Ortiz and Bellator's Delightful Comedy of Errors

Chael Sonnen signing with Bellator earlier this year was a big deal. Sure, he’s 39 years old. And, yeah, his last gasp of athletic relevance came more than three years ago when Jon Jones drubbed him read news >>

Urijah Faber has announced his retirement following his fight in Sacramento

The long time UFC bantamweight contender Urijah Faber has announcedhis intention to retire following his next fight in his hometown Sacramento, CA.The longtime UFC bantamweight fighter Urijah Faber h read news >>

Bellator 165's Michael Page sends message to Fernando Gonzalez: 'Retire after this'

Michael “Venom” Page is feeling like he might actually get to step into the cage and fight Fernando Gonzalez.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>