Bellator Fighting Championships on Thursday announced the signing of kickboxing specialist Cosmo Alexandre to its lightweight roster. “Good Boy” will make his promotional debut on Oct. 1 at Bellator 52.

“I’m coming to Bellator to put together some devastating knockouts,” Alexandre said in a release. “I want to knock my opponents out with head kicks, elbows and knees in the clinch. I can submit guys now and I’m definitely prepared to fight on the ground, but I’m definitely going to be looking for the knockout when I step inside that Bellator cage.”

An opponent has yet to be named for Alexadre’s debut. Bellator 52 will emanate from L’Auberge Du Lac Casino Resort in Lake Charles, La., and will feature the promotion’s fifth-season heavyweight tournament quarterfinals.

The 29-year-old Brazilian comes to Bellator after competing for roughly decade as a kickboxer, winning multiple titles. During his standup career, the Mike’s Gym representative knocked out nearly half of his 40 career victims while falling by knockout only once.

“I wanted to make the transition to MMA because I have already won all of the titles in kickboxing,” said Alexandre. “I won the King’s Cup Tournament championship, which is the biggest muay Thai tournament in all of Thailand, and I won the championship in It’s Showtime, which is the biggest kickboxing event in all of Europe. I have already accomplished everything I ever wanted to in kickboxing. I’ve fought and beat the biggest names, so now I want to fight with the best fighters in the world in MMA.”

Cosmo Alexandre signs exclusive deal with WSOF

Kickboxing star and Bellator veteran Cosmo Alexandre has signed an exclusive multi-fight deal with WSOF, officials recently announced.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Ken Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie 3 Announced for Bellator Event in February

Bellator is once again reaching into the history books to find its big main events, and it went deep for this one. During the Bellator 145 broadcast, Scott Coker appeared on stage to announce that it read news >>

Kimbo Slice to Return to Bellator MMA Opposite Dada 5000 in February Event

During the Bellator 145 broadcast, Bellator President Scott Coker announced their next big tentpole event, and they have a wild pair of headlining fights set. In the main event, UFC and MMA legends K read news >>

Marcin Held scoffs at Will Brooks' 'one-dimensional' label ahead of Bellator title fight

Marcin Held has no interest in engaging in a war of words with Will Brooks ahead of their Bellator lightweight championship showdown at Bellator 145 on Nov. 6. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 146 gets Houston Alexander vs. Guilherme Viana and five more prelims

The lineup for Bellator 146 is complete with the addition of one main card bout and five preliminary contests.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 145's Justin Lawrence: It 'took a couple days' to get over Pat Curran injury

Justin Lawrence admits he was devastated when he lost out on the biggest fight of his career at Bellator 145. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Kimbo Slice headlines Feb. 19 Bellator event, Lashley or Thompson potential opponent

Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson is expected to return to the cage Feb. 19 in a Bellator headliner in Houston against an opponent to be determined.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Lineup set for Bellator 146 with Derek Campos vs. Brandon Girtz rematch, six prelims

The lineup is set for Bellator’s return to Oklahoma next month with the addition of a lightweight rematch, plus six prelims. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Will Brooks supports Dustin Poirier not fighting at UFC Dublin: I'd do the same thing

Bellator champion Will Brooks is never afraid to speak his mind. And when it comes to Joseph Duffy’s last-minute withdrawal from UFC Fight Night 76 against Brooks’ friend and teammate Dustin Poirier, read news >>

Kimbo Slice to Headline Bellator Event in Houston: Details and Reaction

Kimbo Slice will headline the main event in Bellator MMA’s next tentpole Feb. 19 at Toyota Center in Houston, according to Jeremy Botter of the Houston Chronicle. Slice’s opponent hasn’t been finaliz read news >>