Bellator Fighting Championships on Thursday announced the signing of kickboxing specialist Cosmo Alexandre to its lightweight roster. “Good Boy” will make his promotional debut on Oct. 1 at Bellator 52.

“I’m coming to Bellator to put together some devastating knockouts,” Alexandre said in a release. “I want to knock my opponents out with head kicks, elbows and knees in the clinch. I can submit guys now and I’m definitely prepared to fight on the ground, but I’m definitely going to be looking for the knockout when I step inside that Bellator cage.”

An opponent has yet to be named for Alexadre’s debut. Bellator 52 will emanate from L’Auberge Du Lac Casino Resort in Lake Charles, La., and will feature the promotion’s fifth-season heavyweight tournament quarterfinals.

The 29-year-old Brazilian comes to Bellator after competing for roughly decade as a kickboxer, winning multiple titles. During his standup career, the Mike’s Gym representative knocked out nearly half of his 40 career victims while falling by knockout only once.

“I wanted to make the transition to MMA because I have already won all of the titles in kickboxing,” said Alexandre. “I won the King’s Cup Tournament championship, which is the biggest muay Thai tournament in all of Thailand, and I won the championship in It’s Showtime, which is the biggest kickboxing event in all of Europe. I have already accomplished everything I ever wanted to in kickboxing. I’ve fought and beat the biggest names, so now I want to fight with the best fighters in the world in MMA.”

WSOF Signs UFC and Bellator Veteran Paul Bradley

World Series of Fighting announced on Thursday that it has signed UFC and Bellator veteran Paul Bradley. read news >>

Bellator 159 Fight Card Complete with Addition of Three New Bouts

A gem of a featherweight contest pitting Emmanuel Sanchez and Daniel “The Weasel” Weichel has been added to the main card of Bellator 159: Caldwell vs. Taimanglo. read news >>

Unbeaten Prospect Phil Hawes Makes Quick Turnaround, Faces Louis Taylor at WSOF 32

World Series of Fighting announced today that undefeated prospect Phil Hawes will make a quick turnaround and step back in the decagon cage just six weeks after his promotional debut. read news >>

Bellator Dynamite 2 Highlights Video: Rampage Edges Ishii, Chandler Takes Back the Belt

Check out the highlights from Bellator: Dynamite 2, where Rampage Jackson returned and Michael Chandler regained the lightweight championship. read news >>

Matt Mitrione Gets Medical Clearance for Bellator 158: London

Matt Mitrione has cleared medical testing and will now face “Britain’s Strongest Man” winner Oli Thompson during the main card of Bellator 158: London. read news >>

Injury to Linton Vassell Causes Bellator 158 Main Card Shift

An injury to Linton Vassell has derailed his summer plans of competing in front of his fellow Englishmen against Francis Carmont at Bellator 158: London. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs Anderson Silva Announced for UFC 200: Latest Details, Reaction

Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200 on Saturday and fight Daniel Cormier in a non-title bout. Brazil's Globo reported the news Thursday (via FloSports' Jeremy Botter). TMZ confirmed the read news >>

UFC Fight Night 90 Fighter Bonuses: Eddie Alvarez Earns More Than Just the Belt

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the winners of the $50,000 fighter bonuses stemming from UFC Fight Night 90 during the event's post-fight press conference. read news >>

Brock Lesnar Won't Commit to UFC Future, but Many Signs Point to Return

The Beast is back. Now we get to wonder what exactly that means. Brock Lesnar's return at UFC 200, as best we know, was designed as a one-off special attraction. Who can really believe that, though? read news >>

Michael Bisping to Face Dan Henderson in First Title Defense

UFC president Dana White announced on Saturday that middleweight champion Michael Bisping would face Dan Henderson in his first title defense. read news >>