Bellator Signs Brits Paul Sass, Rob Sinclair, Martin Stapleton


  • Share on Tumblr
  • submit to reddit

Bellator has added a trio of English talents to its roster, signing Paul Sass, Rob Sinclair and Martin Stapleton to long-term deals.

“Our talent development team does the best job in MMA by bringing hugely talented fighters to Bellator from around the globe,” Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney stated in a release. “The No. 1 question I get from fans is, ‘When will a U.K. television deal be completed with Bellator?’ With these three signings, along with a roster already featuring the likes of Paul Daley, Ronnie Mann and Michael Page, we are setting the table for making Bellator an every-week televised occurrence in the U.K.”

Known for his mastery of the triangle choke, Sass (Pictured, bottom) owns 12 of his 13 career victories by way of submission. After beginning his Octagon career with three consecutive wins, however, “Sassangle” was released by the UFC earlier this year on the heels of back-to-back defeats.

“I’m incredibly excited to get the chance to compete with Bellator,” Sass said. “After meeting with their staff and having a clear understanding of what’s next, I can’t wait to get into the cage and get into my first tournament.”

Sinclair, 33, captured the British Association of Mixed Martial Arts (BAMMA) lightweight title in 2010 and has defended that belt successfully three times, most recently besting UFC veteran Andre Winner in a split decision this past September at BAMMA 10. Known as “C4,” the Brit has earned nine knockouts in 12 career triumphs.

Stapleton, meanwhile, has not lost since 2008 and rides an eight-fight winning streak into his Bellator debut. The Brit returned to competition last year after spending nearly three years away from the cage on military duty, posting wins in June and July before winning a single-night, eight-man tournament on Dec. 1 under England’s Cage Contender banner.

view original article >>

Related News

  • 6 days ago
  • 13 views

Paul Daley has returned to the Bellator fold. The British slugger announced his decision to ink a deal with his former home on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. Daley fought once under the Bellator banner in July 2012, knocking out Rudy Bears via first-round TKO. He was then selected in a fan vote to compete in the first ever Bellator match to be televised on Spike TV, however an injury ultimately forced his opponent, War Machine, out of the contest, and the bout was scrapped. Bellator unconditi more

  • 6 days ago
  • 10 views

The shift from Bjorn Rebney to Scott Coker running the show at Bellator MMA is quickly beginning to bear fruit, as the promotion has signed Paul Daley and Melvin Manhoef. more

  • 6 days ago
  • 17 views

Fans of "Semtex" and "No Mercy" can rejoice in news that they've been signed by Bellator. As Bellator prepares for a new era under Scott Coker, a pair of new signings should whet the appetite of violence connoisseurs. Former UFC and Strikeforce welterweight Paul Daley is back in Bellator, while longtime kickboxing and MMA veteran Melvin Manhoef also joins the fold. Bellator President Coker had this to say about the signings in today's press release: "I've said it before and I'll say it again. We more

  • 6 days ago
  • 2 views

Bellator MMA has added some proven knockout power to its welterweight and middleweight divisions.Filed under: Bellator, News more

  • 6 days ago
  • 16 views

Hard-hitting British welterweight Paul Daley has rejoined the ranks of Bellator MMA. more

  • 6 days ago
  • 30 views

The Scott Coker affect is in full effect. "No" UFC? No problem. After competing overseas for the last two years, Paul Daley will make his way back stateside later this year, as "Semtex" announced on "The MMA Hour" earlier today (July 21, 2014) that he has inked a deal with Bellator MMA. And it's all thanks to newly-appointed president of the Viacom-owned mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion, Scott Coker; a guy Daley knows very well, having competed for him four times before during his time as head more

  • 6 days ago
  • 18 views

Melvin Manhoef has inked a deal with Bellator. A long-time MMA and kickboxing veteran, who competed from middleweight to heavyweight during his 19-year mixed martial arts career, Manhoef has reached a deal with the promotion following a 46-second destruction of Evangelista Santos in April. "I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We want Bellator to be a destination for not only the top-tier fighters in the sport, but the first-choice destination for fans to see the most entertaining fights i more

  • 13 hours ago
  • 10 views

After two consecutive wins with regional promotion BattleGrounds MMA, Ryan Couture has signed a contract with Bellator. more

  • 22 days ago
  • 79 views

UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman and challenger Lyoto Machida each earned an extra $50,000 for their headlining battle at UFC 175. more