Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney explains contract matching in wake of Tyson Nam ordeal


  • Share on Tumblr
  • submit to reddit

(This story first ran at PressConnects.com) BALTIMORE — At 26 years old, UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones admits it is difficult even for him to realize he could soon be considered the best fighter in the history of mixed martial arts. But it’s a reality (…)

view original article >>

Related News

  • 9 days ago
  • 12 views

The shift from Bjorn Rebney to Scott Coker running the show at Bellator MMA is quickly beginning to bear fruit, as the promotion has signed Paul Daley and Melvin Manhoef. more

  • 2 hours ago
  • 9 views

NEW YORK - Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion and current Bellator light heavyweight 'King' Muhammed Lawal opens up about his preferences in rap music, his upcoming bout against Tom DeBlass, who really won Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara and his candid thoughts on former Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney. more

  • an hour ago
  • 3 views

King Mo is still not happy with Bjorn Rebney or Rampage, and nothing is going to change his mind on either of them. more

  • 23 days ago
  • 42 views

Bellator tried to sign Jungle Fight bantamweight champion Jonas Bilharinho, but the undefeated prospect wasn’t interested in the offer.
Sources close to the situation told MMAFighting.com that "Speed", who became the 135-pound champion in March with a split decision victory over previously unbeaten Mario Israel (9-1), decided to decline the offer and wait for an opportunity in the UFC.
"That’s right," Bilharinho confirmed to MMAFighting.com. "I declined (the offer) for two reasons. I have a figh more

  • 22 days ago
  • 40 views

With the cancellation of UFC 176, UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta explained the promotion’s decision – saying he doesn’t think it had anything to do with the UFC having too many fight cards scheduled.Filed under: Featured, MMA Rumors, News, UFC, Videos more

  • 21 days ago
  • 41 views

Lorenzo Fertitta went on Fox Sports Live and explained the thinking behind cancelling the UFC 176 pay-per-view and when Featherweight champ Jose Aldo may face Chad Mendes for the second time.
Fertitta said that the Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes main event may get moved to a PPV card scheduled for October 27 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, or earlier the same month. Further, Fertitta said if Aldo is not ready by October, and interim title fight could be planned.
"You know, it was a very difficult decision more

  • 20 days ago
  • 45 views

UFC president, Dana White weighs in on Scott Coker taking over as Bellator president, how Bjorn Rebney instigated the bad blood between the two organizations and how SPIKE TV are "good guys."
Since Bellator's ousting of Bjorn Rebney and subsequent appointment of former Strikeforce CEO, Scott Coker to run the promotion, the air of contention that UFC president, Dana White once carried toward the Number 2 MMA organization has diminished considerably. Whether Coker's new lead position makes Bellato more

  • 3 days ago
  • 19 views

After two consecutive wins with regional promotion BattleGrounds MMA, Ryan Couture has signed a contract with Bellator. more

  • an hour ago
  • 0 views

Rampage says Bjorn did not live up to his end of the bargain when it came to his knee surgery, plus if the King Mo feud will ever end and if a fight with Tito Ortiz is in the future. more