Bellator Fighting Championships on Tuesday announced the signing of former UFC welterweight Brian Foster.

Foster’s debut date for the Chicago-based promotion is currently unknown, but the 27-year-old Oklahoma native has already called out Bellator’s best.

“I’m getting that belt,” Foster stated in a release. “I want to fight the best. I want to fight Ben Askren and take home that belt. I ran through my last two opponents and I’m better than I’ve ever been. I’m very happy to be a part of Bellator and I’m coming for the top spot.”

Trained by Marc Fiore and representing Finney’s H.I.T. Squad of Granite City, Ill., Foster has won four straight bouts. After earning back-to-back wins over Forrest Petz and Matt Brown in 2010, Foster suffered a pair of medical setbacks. Only weeks after suffering a burst testicle in training due to an errant kick, Foster was diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage in April.

Expected to face Sean Pierson at UFC 129, Foster was forced to withdraw from the contest and was released by the UFC. His medical issues now in the past, Foster says he has made a full recovery. The welterweight has gone a perfect 2-0 outside the Octagon, earning a pair of wins in the last 30 days after sitting on the sideline for over 10 months.

“I’ve been seen by two of the best doctors in [Illinois],” said Foster. “They’ve medically cleared me, and I feel great. I’m looking forward to facing Bellator’s best and becoming the next welterweight champion.”

Bellator MMA signs heavyweights Ewerton Teixeira, Lorenzo Hood

After a high-profile lightweight signing on Monday, Bellator MMA announced the addition of a pair of heavyweights to its roster.Filed under: Bellator, MMA Rumors, News read news >>

Bellator Inks Olympic Hopeful Ed Ruth, Penn State’s Three-Time National Champ

Bellator MMA on Monday announced the signing of one of the hottest prospects out of the collegiate wrestling world, Olympic hopeful Ed Ruth. read news >>

Bellator signs K-1 World GP champion Ewerton Teixeira

Bellator has added a Brazilian heavyweight to its roster. Ewerton Teixeira, Winner of the K-1 World GP in 2008 and world champion in kyokushin, has signed a deal with Bellator, sources close to the s read news >>

Bellator MMA Inks UFC Vet Melvin Guillard to Multi-Fight Contract

Bellator MMA officials announced on Monday that they have signed Melvin “The Young Assassin” Guillard (32-14-2) to a multi-year, multi-fight contract. read news >>

Bellator Signs Heavyweight KO Artists Ewerton Teixeira and Lorenzo Hood

Bellator MMA on Monday announced that it has inked two hard-hitting heavyweights in Brazilian K-1 champion Ewerton Teixeira and Blackzilians bomber Lorenzo Hood. read news >>

Bellator 138 fight card adds Daniel Straus vs Henry Corrales to 'Unfinished Business' line up

Former Featherweight champion Daniel Straus will look to get back to his winning ways inside Scottrade Center in St Louis, Mo., on June 19, 2015; however, he'll have to get past undefeated Henry Corr read news >>

UFC Fight Night Glasgow Card Adds Stevie Ray vs. Leonardo Mafra

UFC has announced that Scottish lightweight Stevie "Braveheart" Ray will be back in action on July 18, when he faces Brazilian Leonardo Mafra. read news >>

Bellator 139 fight card adds Bubba Jenkins vs Joe Wilk to 'Prelims'

The line up for Bellator 139: "Kongo vs. Volkov," which takes place at Kansas Star Arena in Mulvane, Kan., on June 26, 2015, keeps on growing. Following the announcement that Joe Schilling vs. Hisaki read news >>

Daniel Cormier comments on UFC stripping Jones of title: ‘This is a sad day for our sport’

Newly announced UFC 187 main eventer Daniel Cormier commented on the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones of his title. On Tuesday night, the UFC announced that they would strip Jon Jones of his light-h read news >>