Bellator Fighting Championships on Tuesday announced the signing of former UFC welterweight Brian Foster.

Foster’s debut date for the Chicago-based promotion is currently unknown, but the 27-year-old Oklahoma native has already called out Bellator’s best.

“I’m getting that belt,” Foster stated in a release. “I want to fight the best. I want to fight Ben Askren and take home that belt. I ran through my last two opponents and I’m better than I’ve ever been. I’m very happy to be a part of Bellator and I’m coming for the top spot.”

Trained by Marc Fiore and representing Finney’s H.I.T. Squad of Granite City, Ill., Foster has won four straight bouts. After earning back-to-back wins over Forrest Petz and Matt Brown in 2010, Foster suffered a pair of medical setbacks. Only weeks after suffering a burst testicle in training due to an errant kick, Foster was diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage in April.

Expected to face Sean Pierson at UFC 129, Foster was forced to withdraw from the contest and was released by the UFC. His medical issues now in the past, Foster says he has made a full recovery. The welterweight has gone a perfect 2-0 outside the Octagon, earning a pair of wins in the last 30 days after sitting on the sideline for over 10 months.

“I’ve been seen by two of the best doctors in [Illinois],” said Foster. “They’ve medically cleared me, and I feel great. I’m looking forward to facing Bellator’s best and becoming the next welterweight champion.”

Bellator 160 Adds Female Flyweight Bout to Main Card

A flyweight matchup pitting Lena Ovchynnikova against Jaimelene Nievera has been added to the main card of Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull. read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson Announced: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

Rafael Dos Anjos will face Tony Ferguson in a five-round lightweight clash in the headline bout of the UFC's event at Mexico City's Arena Ciudad de Mexico on Saturday, November 5. UFC Europe relayed read news >>

UFC Fight Night 96 Roster Loading Up Quickly for Portland

The Octagon returns to Portland, Ore., with UFC Fight Night 96 on Oct. 1, and the fight card is filling up fast. read news >>

Melvin Guillard Fined and Suspended by Kansas Commission for Banned Non-PED

Bellator fighter Melvin Guillard was suspended by the Kansas Athletic Commission on Friday for a positive drug test result for a non-performance-enhancing substance. read news >>

Superstars Blast Conor McGregor for Recent Comments About WWE Roster

Conor McGregor kicked a hornet's nest on Friday. Speaking with the media on a conference call to promote UFC 202, the pay-per-view kingpin was asked if he had any interest in making the jump to profe read news >>

RFA 42 Gets New Headliner

Resurrection Fighting Alliance (RFA) president Ed Soares announced on Friday that there has been a change at the top of RFA 42 read news >>

Chinzo Machida Makes Promotional Debut at Bellator 160

Chinzo Machida, brother of former UFC champion Lyoto Machida, will make his promotional debut at “Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull.” read news >>

UFC's Epstein joins Board of Directors of the National Foundation on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition

The National Foundation on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition has announced Ike Lawrence Epstein, UFC Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, as their newest member to its Board of Di read news >>

Former Champ Joe Warren Faces Sirwan Kakai in Bellator 161 Co-Main Event

A bantamweight showdown pitting Joe Warren against Sirwan Kakai has been added to the main card of Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson. read news >>

UFC FIGHT PASS signs worldwide live-event deal with TKO MMA

UFC FIGHT PASS announced a worldwide deal with president of TALION Sports Entertainment Inc., and former TKO MMA promoter, Stephane Patry to add the newly resurrected Canadian mixed martial arts prom read news >>