Bellator Fighting Championships on Tuesday announced the signing of former UFC welterweight Brian Foster.

Foster’s debut date for the Chicago-based promotion is currently unknown, but the 27-year-old Oklahoma native has already called out Bellator’s best.

“I’m getting that belt,” Foster stated in a release. “I want to fight the best. I want to fight Ben Askren and take home that belt. I ran through my last two opponents and I’m better than I’ve ever been. I’m very happy to be a part of Bellator and I’m coming for the top spot.”

Trained by Marc Fiore and representing Finney’s H.I.T. Squad of Granite City, Ill., Foster has won four straight bouts. After earning back-to-back wins over Forrest Petz and Matt Brown in 2010, Foster suffered a pair of medical setbacks. Only weeks after suffering a burst testicle in training due to an errant kick, Foster was diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage in April.

Expected to face Sean Pierson at UFC 129, Foster was forced to withdraw from the contest and was released by the UFC. His medical issues now in the past, Foster says he has made a full recovery. The welterweight has gone a perfect 2-0 outside the Octagon, earning a pair of wins in the last 30 days after sitting on the sideline for over 10 months.

“I’ve been seen by two of the best doctors in [Illinois],” said Foster. “They’ve medically cleared me, and I feel great. I’m looking forward to facing Bellator’s best and becoming the next welterweight champion.”

UFC Fight Night 88 Fighter Bonuses: Cody Garbrandt Hits It Big in Las Vegas

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the fighter bonuses stemming from UFC Fight Night 88: Almeida vs. Garbrandt following Sunday's event in Las Vegas. read news >>

Arlovski-Barnett Headlines Hamburg Event

Two blockbuster bouts have been announced for the UFC's first visit to Hamburg, Germany on September 3. read news >>

Super Prospect Darrion Caldwell, Melvin Guillard Top Bellator 159 Card

Darrion Caldwell, a national college wrestling champion and one of the brightest up-and-coming bantamweights in MMA, will vie for a title shot this summer when he faces Joe Taimanglo in the main even read news >>

UFC and Dgital Media Launch 'UFC Unfiltered With Jim Norton and Matt Serra'

UFC today announced its partnership with DGital Media to launch an exclusive on-demand audio series. “UFC Unfiltered with Jim Norton and Matt Serra” will be the primary podcast destination for read news >>

Michael Bisping Says Half the UFC Roster Are Pu**ies (UFC 199 Video)

Michael Bisping believes that taking the fight with Luke Rockhold on short notice has only helped him, takes a shot at half the UFC roster. read news >>

Darrion Caldwell vs. Joe Taimanglo Headline Bellator 159

Bellator returns to Kansas with a pivotal matchup between undefeated phenom Darrion Caldwell and Joe Taimanglo to determine the No. 1 bantamweight contender. read news >>

Report: Former Bellator Fighter Shahbulat Shamhalaev Shot Multiple Times in Restaurant Altercation

Former Bellator MMA fighter Shahbulat Shamhalaev was hospitalized on Wednesday in Makhachkala, Russia after being shot "several times" while dining at a local restaurant. read news >>

Don Frye to Join 2016 UFC Hall of Fame Class as Pioneer

UFC on Saturday announced that two-time UFC tournament champion Don “The Predator” Frye has been named to the 2016 UFC Hall of Fame class as a Pioneer. read news >>

Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor II Announced for UFC 202: Latest Comments, Reaction

After plenty of posturing by all parties involved, the UFC confirmed Saturday night Conor McGregor will return to the Octagon for a rematch with Nate Diaz, per UFC commentator Jon Anik. The two will read news >>

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments and Reaction

Late last year, Brock Lesnar said he felt he got "robbed" by diverticulitis that cost him the prime of his UFC career. Now, as he prepares for a one-off return at UFC 200, Lesnar's ready to prove to read news >>