Bellator Fighting Championships on Tuesday announced the signing of former UFC welterweight Brian Foster.

Foster’s debut date for the Chicago-based promotion is currently unknown, but the 27-year-old Oklahoma native has already called out Bellator’s best.

“I’m getting that belt,” Foster stated in a release. “I want to fight the best. I want to fight Ben Askren and take home that belt. I ran through my last two opponents and I’m better than I’ve ever been. I’m very happy to be a part of Bellator and I’m coming for the top spot.”

Trained by Marc Fiore and representing Finney’s H.I.T. Squad of Granite City, Ill., Foster has won four straight bouts. After earning back-to-back wins over Forrest Petz and Matt Brown in 2010, Foster suffered a pair of medical setbacks. Only weeks after suffering a burst testicle in training due to an errant kick, Foster was diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage in April.

Expected to face Sean Pierson at UFC 129, Foster was forced to withdraw from the contest and was released by the UFC. His medical issues now in the past, Foster says he has made a full recovery. The welterweight has gone a perfect 2-0 outside the Octagon, earning a pair of wins in the last 30 days after sitting on the sideline for over 10 months.

“I’ve been seen by two of the best doctors in [Illinois],” said Foster. “They’ve medically cleared me, and I feel great. I’m looking forward to facing Bellator’s best and becoming the next welterweight champion.”

Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson 2 Announced for Bellator 158: Comments, Reaction

For the first time in eight years, Kimbo Slice and James Thompson will throw down in the Octagon. On Sunday, Bellator President Scott Coker announced on SportsCenter that Slice-Thompson II will take read news >>

Andrey Koreshkov vs. Benson Henderson Results: Winner, Reaction for Bellator 153

When the Bellator brass decided to put new free-agent signing Benson Henderson in a title fight with Andrey Koreshkov, there was the potential for its reigning champion to receive a huge boost in pro read news >>

Bellator 153 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Koreshkov vs. Henderson Card

Bellator welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov was too big and strong for Benson Henderson on Friday night at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. The 25-year-old Russian dominated the form read news >>

Bellator 153 highlights: Benson Henderson falters, and Michael Page taunts after toehold

Benson Henderson’s heavily promoted Bellator debut didn’t go as planned – not for him, anyway. Check out the video highlights of that headliner and other Bellator 153 bouts.Filed under: Bellator, Fea read news >>

Next for Andrey Koreshkov? Bellator champ discusses Askren, 'Venom,' Lima and 'Cyborg'

UNCASVILLE, Conn. – With a victory over former UFC and WEC titleholder Benson Henderson in Friday’s Bellator 153 headliner, welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov solidified his spot as one of the wo read news >>

UFC 197 attendance: Event draws 11,352 fans for $2.3 million live gate in Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS – Saturday’s UFC 197 event drew an announced attendance of 11,352 fans for a live gate of $2.3 million.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bellator's Scott Coker: Time is right for UFC fighters like Rory MacDonald to test free agency

LONDON – In June, UFC welterweight Rory MacDonald will fight the final bout on his current contract with the industry-leader, starting a countdown to free agency that’s by now become a familiar story read news >>

'Pitbull' Freire says Bellator 153 win earned him title shot; will he wait for champ Straus?

Patricio Freire said an injury created a tougher fight than anticipated at Bellator 153. Nevertheless, he picked up the victory and expects a featherweight title shot as a result.Filed under: Bellato read news >>

Matt Mitrione to Make Bellator Debut in Dynamite 2 Co-Main Event

Matt Mitrione will make his Bellator debut in the co-main event of Dynamite 2. read news >>

Paddy Holohan Announces Retirement Due to Rare Blood Disorder

UFC flyweight Patrick “Paddy” Holohan announced his retirement on Monday due to a rare blood clotting disorder. read news >>