Bellator Fighting Championships on Tuesday announced the signing of former UFC welterweight Brian Foster.

Foster’s debut date for the Chicago-based promotion is currently unknown, but the 27-year-old Oklahoma native has already called out Bellator’s best.

“I’m getting that belt,” Foster stated in a release. “I want to fight the best. I want to fight Ben Askren and take home that belt. I ran through my last two opponents and I’m better than I’ve ever been. I’m very happy to be a part of Bellator and I’m coming for the top spot.”

Trained by Marc Fiore and representing Finney’s H.I.T. Squad of Granite City, Ill., Foster has won four straight bouts. After earning back-to-back wins over Forrest Petz and Matt Brown in 2010, Foster suffered a pair of medical setbacks. Only weeks after suffering a burst testicle in training due to an errant kick, Foster was diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage in April.

Expected to face Sean Pierson at UFC 129, Foster was forced to withdraw from the contest and was released by the UFC. His medical issues now in the past, Foster says he has made a full recovery. The welterweight has gone a perfect 2-0 outside the Octagon, earning a pair of wins in the last 30 days after sitting on the sideline for over 10 months.

“I’ve been seen by two of the best doctors in [Illinois],” said Foster. “They’ve medically cleared me, and I feel great. I’m looking forward to facing Bellator’s best and becoming the next welterweight champion.”

Ralek Gracie Signs with Bellator MMA |

• 23 hours ago

Bellator MMA announced on Wednesday the signing of unbeaten prospect Ralek Gracie to an exclusive multi-fight, multi-year contract. read news >>

Ralek Gracie signs with Bellator, plans to debut at Bellator 170 in January

• a day ago

After signing a Bellator contract, Ralek Gracie is planning to compete in MMA for the first time since May 2010.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Chael Sonnen, Tito Ortiz and Bellator's Delightful Comedy of Errors

Chael Sonnen signing with Bellator earlier this year was a big deal. Sure, he’s 39 years old. And, yeah, his last gasp of athletic relevance came more than three years ago when Jon Jones drubbed him read news >>

Bellator Kickboxing: Florence Main Card Finalized |

Bellator Kickboxing announced today that it has added a trio of fights to its December 10 event at the Mandela Forum in Florence, Italy. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Announced for Bellator 170: Comments, Reaction

Bellator will have perhaps the biggest night in its promotion history Jan. 21, when Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen headline Bellator 170 in Los Angeles. Scott Coker, Bellator's president, announced the read news >>

Bellator 167 Adds Two Key Bouts as Main Card Fills Up |

Bellator 167 has grown with two key bouts added to the nearly full main card. read news >>

Bellator MMA Announces Back-to-Back Events |

Bellator announced the promotion’s first ever Friday/Saturday doubleheader event with Bellator 166 and Bellator 167 taking place on consecutive nights. read news >>

Coker Undeterred by Potential of Public Backlash Ahead of Bellator's Israel Debut | FIGHTLAND

Photo via Scott Coker/Twitter Last month, Bellator announced its first event in Israel, which is scheduled to take place on November 10 at Tel Aviv’s 11000-seat Menora Mivtachim Arena. The card boast read news >>

Bellator 164 adds Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Kirill Medvedovsky, Karla Benitez vs. Lena Ovchynnikova

Bellator’s debut event in Israel has received a pair of new contests with Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Kirill Medvedovsky and Karla Benitez vs. Lena Ovchynnikova.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

UFC Fight 99 adds Mark Godbeer vs. Justin Ledet to lineup in Belfast

The UFC’s return to Northern Ireland in November has a new addition to the lineup, and a veteran heavyweight will make his promotional debut.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>