Bellator Fighting Championships on Tuesday announced the signing of former UFC welterweight Brian Foster.

Foster’s debut date for the Chicago-based promotion is currently unknown, but the 27-year-old Oklahoma native has already called out Bellator’s best.

“I’m getting that belt,” Foster stated in a release. “I want to fight the best. I want to fight Ben Askren and take home that belt. I ran through my last two opponents and I’m better than I’ve ever been. I’m very happy to be a part of Bellator and I’m coming for the top spot.”

Trained by Marc Fiore and representing Finney’s H.I.T. Squad of Granite City, Ill., Foster has won four straight bouts. After earning back-to-back wins over Forrest Petz and Matt Brown in 2010, Foster suffered a pair of medical setbacks. Only weeks after suffering a burst testicle in training due to an errant kick, Foster was diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage in April.

Expected to face Sean Pierson at UFC 129, Foster was forced to withdraw from the contest and was released by the UFC. His medical issues now in the past, Foster says he has made a full recovery. The welterweight has gone a perfect 2-0 outside the Octagon, earning a pair of wins in the last 30 days after sitting on the sideline for over 10 months.

“I’ve been seen by two of the best doctors in [Illinois],” said Foster. “They’ve medically cleared me, and I feel great. I’m looking forward to facing Bellator’s best and becoming the next welterweight champion.”

UFC signs new partnership with Brazil sports and entertainment leader IMM

UFC announced a multi-year partnership with Brazilian event operator IMM. IMM, a joint venture between Mubadala Development and WME|IMG, will oversee event operations for all UFC Brazil events beginn read news >>

Two changes to Phoenix fight card

Injuries have forced a pair of changes to the Jan. 15 UFC Fight Night card in Phoenix, the promotion announced today. read news >>

Veteran heavyweight Josh Barnett notified of potential USADA violation

The UFC today announced that USADA has notified UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett of a potential anti-doping violation stemming from a Dec. 9 out-of-competition drug test.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Amanda Nunes Earns Bonus for Finishing Ronda Rousey (UFC 207 Fighter Bonuses) | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the fighter bonuses stemming from Friday's UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey pay-per-view following the event. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Future in UFC

UFC fighter Ronda Rousey announced that she would take some time to contemplate her future in the sport after being knocked out by Amanda Nunes in 48 seconds at UFC 207. Rousey spoke about her pendin read news >>

UFC 209 adds Mirsad Bektic vs. Darren Elkins, Todd Duffee vs. Mark Godbeer

The UFC’s March return to Las Vegas still needs a main event, but the card is starting to take shape.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 172 gets 10 new fights, including Cheick Kongo-Oli Thompson, Adam Piccolotti-Brent Primus

Bellator officials have announced 10 new matchups for February’s Bellator 172 event, including a key heavyweight contest, as well as a meeting of undefeated lightweights.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator bidding for UFC free agent and 'TUF' winner Ryan Bader – but not Lorenz Larkin

Bellator will soon make a bid for one high-profile UFC free agent. But its interest in another apparently has waned. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jimmie Rivera Says He's Not Fighting at UFC Phoenix, Despite Announced Replacement | MMAWeekly.com

Despite the UFC announcing a new opponent for Jimmie Rivera for the upcoming UFC Fight Night Phoenix, Rivera on Saturday said that he is not fighting. read news >>

Cerrone on fight vs. Masvidal, McGregor and WWE

The UFC officially announced Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone’s homecoming fight in Denver against Jorge Masvidal for Jan. 28, but the knockout specialist was too busy to schedule a press conference. read news >>