Bec RawlingsBec Rawlings has had to make some tough choices in her pursuit of making it in mixed martial arts. She’s uprooted from her home in Australia, leaving behind her family and friends to chase her dream of becoming a UFC champion.

She also carries the weight of an entire continent on her shoulders when she enters The Ultimate Fighter 20: Team Pettis vs. Team Melendez fighter house. Australians have appeared on two seasons of the reality show and haven’t been able to produce successful results. They were completely shut out of the finals during the recent series TUF Nations, which pitted Australians against Canadians.

“I think it motivates me,” Rawlings told MMAWeekly.com about Australian’s poor performances on the reality series. “A lot of people are saying that Australian fighters are rubbish and they’re never going to get anywhere. I think we’ve just had rough trot, and it happens.”

SEE ALSO: Bec Rawlings Video Interview

The difference between top-level athletes and those just on the cusp of making it is largely the sacrifices they’re willing to make to achieve their goals. The 25-year-old Aussie believes aspiring Australian fighters need to be willing to relocate to the U.S. once they’ve reached a certain level of success.

“That’s what I’ve done. I’ve taken my camp to the U.S. and really given it my all and put myself in the best opportunity possible to win this thing,” said Rawlings. “I just switched camps to Alliance MMA in San Diego, so we’ve been working on a lot of stuff, just trying to fix some stuff in my game. It’s taken my skillset to a whole new level.

“I think a lot of the Australian fighters need to succumb to that they have to come over to the U.S. for better camps. They can’t just do it in Australia anymore. It’s just not big enough,” she added.

Rawlings was not criticizing Australian MMA camps. She’s simply a realist who recognized that there comes a point that a fighter has to choose to seek out better training opportunities.

“I’ve got this far by training and fighting in Australia, so it’s not that bad. But there comes a time when you have to come over here because this is where all my opponents are training,” said the TUF 20 contestant. “They’re getting the best possible training, so I needed to that for myself as well.”

The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians Episode 11 Preview

Read the complete episode 11 preview for The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians, which airs Wednesdays at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1. read news >>

'TUF 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians' blog: Michael Graves on episode No. 11

In his weekly blog for MMAjunkie, “The Ultimate Fighter 21? cast member and American Top Team representative Michael Graves discusses the season’s 11th episode.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Episode No. 11 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians'

Episode No. 11 of “The Ultimate Fighter 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians” opens with ATT celebrating its crucial victory in the previous episode.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 11

Tonight, live coverage of episode 11 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. Tonight, episode ten of read news >>

TUF 21 results, recap (Ep. 11) for 'ATT vs. Blackzilians'

It's all about that momentum... The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 returns to FOX Sports 1 later night (Weds., July 1, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, featuring episode 11 of the combat sports reality show, pitting read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians Episode 12 Preview

Read the complete episode 12 preview for The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians, which airs Wednesdays at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 12

Join us here tonight for live coverage of episode 12 of The Ultimate Fighter as the latest season sees its conclusion. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. J read news >>

Episode No. 12 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians'

Episode No. 12 of “The Ultimate Fighter 21? opens with Dana White setting the scene for the final episode of the season. The teams are tied and the final 100-point fight will determine the winner.Fil read news >>

Sunday's TUF 21 Finale card complete with Hassan-Usman, Graves-Luque

The final episode of “The Ultimate Fighter 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians” aired tonight. With that, the lineup is set for Sunday’s TUF 21 Finale in Las Vegas.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Hayder Hassan vs. Kamaru Usman booked for TUF 21 Finale on July 12

Season 21 of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) has officially wrapped (recap here), and American Top Team (ATT) will send breakout star Hayder Hassan into the live finale against Blackzilians top pick Kamar read news >>