Bec RawlingsBec Rawlings has had to make some tough choices in her pursuit of making it in mixed martial arts. She’s uprooted from her home in Australia, leaving behind her family and friends to chase her dream of becoming a UFC champion.

She also carries the weight of an entire continent on her shoulders when she enters The Ultimate Fighter 20: Team Pettis vs. Team Melendez fighter house. Australians have appeared on two seasons of the reality show and haven’t been able to produce successful results. They were completely shut out of the finals during the recent series TUF Nations, which pitted Australians against Canadians.

“I think it motivates me,” Rawlings told MMAWeekly.com about Australian’s poor performances on the reality series. “A lot of people are saying that Australian fighters are rubbish and they’re never going to get anywhere. I think we’ve just had rough trot, and it happens.”

SEE ALSO: Bec Rawlings Video Interview

The difference between top-level athletes and those just on the cusp of making it is largely the sacrifices they’re willing to make to achieve their goals. The 25-year-old Aussie believes aspiring Australian fighters need to be willing to relocate to the U.S. once they’ve reached a certain level of success.

“That’s what I’ve done. I’ve taken my camp to the U.S. and really given it my all and put myself in the best opportunity possible to win this thing,” said Rawlings. “I just switched camps to Alliance MMA in San Diego, so we’ve been working on a lot of stuff, just trying to fix some stuff in my game. It’s taken my skillset to a whole new level.

“I think a lot of the Australian fighters need to succumb to that they have to come over to the U.S. for better camps. They can’t just do it in Australia anymore. It’s just not big enough,” she added.

Rawlings was not criticizing Australian MMA camps. She’s simply a realist who recognized that there comes a point that a fighter has to choose to seek out better training opportunities.

“I’ve got this far by training and fighting in Australia, so it’s not that bad. But there comes a time when you have to come over here because this is where all my opponents are training,” said the TUF 20 contestant. “They’re getting the best possible training, so I needed to that for myself as well.”

On mend from 11th surgery, 'TUF 11' winner Court McGee hopes to return this year

Since Court McGee won “The Ultimate Fighter 11,” he’s had more surgeries than fights – 11 to be exact.Filed under: Featured Videos, MMAjunkie Radio, News, Radio Highlight, UFC read news >>

TUF 21 results, recap (Ep. 8) for 'ATT vs. Blackzilians'

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 returns to FOX Sports 1 later tonight (Weds., June 10, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, featuring episode eight of the combat sports reality show, pitting American Top Team (ATT) ag read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 8

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 8 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>

Episode No. 8 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians'

Will the Blackzilians keep their remarkable start to the season going against American Top Team on the newest episode of “The Ultimate Fighter”?Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'TUF 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians' blog: Michael Graves on episode No. 8

In his weekly blog for MMAjunkie, “The Ultimate Fighter 21? cast member and American Top Team representative Michael Graves discusses the season’s eighth episode.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 188's Efrain Escudero: 'You're going to have to knock me out'

“The Ultimate Fighter 8” winner Efrain Escudero used to tell reporters he was a new man during his comeback. Now, he’s sticking to a simpler story – he’s just the same old guy trying to kick butt in read news >>

UFC 188 results: Yair Rodriguez splits with Charles Rosa, then spits up in interview

MEXICO CITY – “The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America” winner Yair Rodriguez came out looking to put on a show against Charles Rosa, and definitely cut a few clips for his highlight video – and probably read news >>

UFC will return to Mexico for TUF Latin America Finale in November

Mexico will get two UFC events in 2015. The Ultimate Fighter Latin America 2 Finale is set for Nov. 21 in Monterrey, UFC president Dana White confirmed at the UFC 188 post-fight press conference Satu read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 4 - Episode 11 Preview

It's down to the final two episodes on The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 4, as the members of Team Shogun and Team Nogueira get ready to face off in four bouts that will determine the finals for the upcomi read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 4: Episode 11 Recap

The first two finalists for The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 4 have been determined, as the latest episode featured all-Team Shogun showdowns between Glaico “Nego” Franca and Joaquim “Netto BJJ” Silva in read news >>