Bec Hyatt will be the older fighter Saturday when she meets 18-year-old Mizuki Inoue at Invicta FC 6, but she doesn’t believe that gives her an advantage.

Ahead of the matchup, Hyatt explained her reasoning and much more during an interview with the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show.

On opponent Mizuki Inoue only being 18 years old: “I think when I was 18 years old, I was fearless. I wouldn’t want to fight me when I was 18 years old. I think it may work into an advantage for her. Eighteen-year-olds have big attitudes and big chips on their shoulders and come in fearless.”

On whether she’s studied footage of Inoue: “Me personally, I haven’t studied it. I don’t know normally study my opponents. I just train [and] do what my coach tells me to do. My coach does the studying, and he’s managed to dig up a lot of footage on her and studied her style and the things she likes to do. I have definitely been training for Mizuki in that way. She’s real experienced. She’s been training and fighting for longer than me. I think she won the grand prix at Jewels when she was 16 years old or something ridiculous like that. She’s been training and fighting for ages, and I’m only new to the sport. I’ve only been here for like two years competing and three years training.”

On what kind of kid she was growing up: “I was a little s--t of a kid. I really was. I’ve always had an attitude problem, but I had a relatively normal childhood. I come from a broken home, so I used to spend a week at my father’s and a week at my mom’s. I pretty much lived out of a suitcase, but other than that I was pretty good. I just competed in basketball and gymnastics from a really young age. I’m the youngest of four children. I’ve always had to fight for everything. I’d get picked on; you know what brothers and sisters are like. I’ve always had a fiery little temper as well.”

On what fighting has done for her: “I think fighting has really humbled me and given me an outlet and taught me a lot of things about respect for other people and boundaries and things like that. … I used to be a little angry, a little s--t growing up. I feel so sorry for my mom, but since I found the sport, it’s definitely changed my life.”

On whether she fought growing up: “I actually got kicked out of high school for fighting. I had to go to a different [school] … . I was really naughty. My mom, she says I wasn’t that naughty; I was just always in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was always sticking up for other people, which caused drama and I’d get into trouble. I’d never back down. I’d always just keep going. I got into a lot of trouble. … I wasn’t allowed in the timeout room. I was too naughty for that. I had like my own little desk at the front of the principal’s office. Looking back it now, it’s really frustrating. I feel really sorry for my mom and my dad for having to put up with me.”

On why she got into MMA: “Originally I got into the sport to lose weight. I was heavily overweight. There are photos floating around on Facebook of me being a big chubba bubba. I got in it to lose weight, and because I have always competed in sports -- not necessarily combat sports, just basketball and gymnastics and things like that -- I’m extremely competitive. Once I figured out that I was actually kind of good at this stuff, I definitely wanted to compete and I was hunting my first fight.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:03:06).

Nate Diaz Talks Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor, Dana White Ahead of UFC 205

UFC lightweight contender Nate Diaz has called out president Dana White, as well as lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez and featherweight king Conor McGregor following the announcement the two will me read news >>

Jeremy Stephens Calls Conor McGregor 'Ginger Crackhead' After UFC 205 Presser

UFC featherweight contender Jeremy Stephens has taken a shot at champion Conor McGregor ahead of UFC 205 on November 12, saying he'll fight the Notorious any day and labeling him a “ginger crackhead. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Comments on Conor McGregor Ahead of UFC 205 Title Fight

UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez has said he’ll do whatever he wants to Conor McGregor when the two men meet at UFC 205. The pair will battle it out in New York on November 12 in one of the yea read news >>

Weigh-In: John Dodson vs. John Lineker - UFC Fight Night

Watch John 'Hands of Stone' Lineker and John 'The Magician' Dodson weigh-in ahead of their UFC Fight Night match-up in Portland, Oregon. read news >>

Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos not worried about travel adjustments ahead of UFC Fight Night 96

Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos is a finisher. With 14 finishes in 15 career victories, he’s planning to score another knockout when he faces Keita Nakamura at UFC Fight Night 96.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 96 winner John Lineker: 'Small mistake' of missing weight shouldn't cost me Dominick Cruz fight

PORTLAND, Ore. – John Lineker doesn’t believe missing weight for the fifth time in his UFC career should hold him back in the bantamweight title picture after he bested John Dodson by split decision. read news >>

Coker Undeterred by Potential of Public Backlash Ahead of Bellator's Israel Debut | FIGHTLAND

Photo via Scott Coker/Twitter Last month, Bellator announced its first event in Israel, which is scheduled to take place on November 10 at Tel Aviv’s 11000-seat Menora Mivtachim Arena. The card boast read news >>

Ahead of UFC 204, Manchester City throws their support behind challenger Dan Henderson

MANCHESTER, England – In the footballing world (or soccer, if you're American), the English city of Manchester is divided by a pair of powerhouse franchises. With Manchester United previously support read news >>

Video: Michael Bisping, 'old man' Dan Henderson verbally clash ahead of UFC 204

MANCHESTER, England – The rivalry between UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping and future UFC Hall of Famer Dan Henderson remains a contentious affair, at least if today’s media day face-offs ar read news >>

Bellator 164 fighters get out-of-competition drug testing ahead of Israel event

Tests for performance-enhancers and drugs of abuse have come back negative for three headlining fighters at Bellator 164, MMAjunkie has confirmed.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>