Patrick Barry (left) | Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Patrick Barry doesn’t want to hear it anymore.

At dinner, a fan approached him and said he’d seen him fight. Then the fan whispered that he knew Barry had thrown his UFC 115 bout against Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic.

“I’m still hearing about that,” Barry said Wednesday on the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’m still hearing people.”

In the seven months since the fight, Barry said he’s been approached every single day by someone who thinks he showed Cro Cop too much respect or simply didn’t want to win.

“My mother’s hearing this kind of s--t. My mother’s hearing this,” Barry said. “People are approaching my mother and making these comments to her. It’s still going on now.”

Barry explained that what really happened was he broke his hand and his foot in the first round. For the next 12 minutes, he fought for survival, eventually succumbing to a rear-naked choke 4:30 into the third round. He’s baffled by people who think he lacked heart in the bout.

“You know what I really wanted to do? I really wanted to go and get kicked in the head and knocked out completely because I like having a headache for three days,” Barry said sarcastically.

Tired of defending himself, he has started telling people that he bet on Cro Cop and made a ton of money on losing the fight. They don’t laugh. They believe him.

The criticism has soured Barry’s mood. With a Jan. 22 UFC “Fight for the Troops 2” matchup against Joey Beltran approaching, Barry hasn’t been his usual pre-fight self.

“This is a feeling I haven’t had in a long time,” he said. “Back in my kickboxing days, I used to have these every once in a while. Just an angry, want to break something, upset at something. I don’t know what it is. I don’t know what it is that’s giving me this feeling, this sensation, but I’m very annoyed. Like I’m extremely annoyed and I feel like I’ve got to break something.”

The last time Barry had this feeling was before a kickboxing bout against Chuck Liddell’s teammate Scott Lighty.

“I kicked him in his neck,” Barry said. “I don’t think I hit any bone. I just hit straight jugular with my shin in his neck, and he was carried out on a stretcher and hospitalized that night.”

Barry believes he’s ready for either a Fight of the Night or Knockout of the Night performance against Beltran.

“Every time I’m going for it,” he said. “No matter what the world may believe or have seen. Even in the last fight, I put it all out there on the line every time. I know that of myself. From what I’ve seen of Joey Beltran and heard of him, he does it too. It’s obvious when you see the guy fight, he’s fighting with his heart.”

Win or lose, though, Barry said he’s not trying to erase fans’ perception of his performance against Cro Cop.

“I’m the one who I’ve got to prove something too,” he said. “The world is either going to be with you or they’re going to be against you. … No matter what, people are going to hate your guts anyway. That’s part of the job. We all know it and expect that.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 7:00) with Barry, who also discussed Brock Lesnar, fighting for the fans and the seven months since his loss to Cro Cop.

Dana White on UFC event schedule: 'There's no such thing as diluting the product'

UFC President Dana White said he doesn’t foresee a decline in the number of events the organization hosts each year. In fact, he believes there’s demand for even more fight cards than the 45 that str read news >>

Vitor Belfort: 'I think that spinning kick got to Luke Rockhold's head'

Vitor Belfort reflects on Luke Rockhold's continued criticism of the former champ. Despite two years passing since Vitor Belfort's stunning head kick knockout of Luke Rockhold, the Californian still read news >>

Augusto Montano fails UFC 188 drug test after loss to Pendred, suspended one year

Augusto Montano took a bit of criticism after his unanimous decision loss to Cathal Pendred in June. The latest news around him won’t help any.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Glasgow Open Workout Highlights Video

Hear from UFC stars Michael Bisping, Thales Leites, Ross Pearson and Evan Dunham ahead of their bouts this Saturday on FOX Sports 1 in Glasgow. read news >>

Conor McGregor’s Trash Talk Doesn’t Stop at the Octagon Door

Conor McGregor's trash talk isn’t limited to interviews, press conferences, and media calls. He talked smack to his UFC 189 opponent Chad Mendes during their fight. read news >>

UFC 189 Results: Sober Play by Play - Conor brilliantly discards Mendes, but not the criticism

It took Conor McGregor less than ten minutes to take out Chad Mendes for UFC 189 in Vegas, and he did so in thrilling fashion to cap off a truly great card. But there's more to unpack than just prais read news >>

CM Punk talks UFC debut, criticism, religion in MMA and new writing career with Marvel Comics

CM Punk took part in his very own media scrum while in Las Vegas for International Fight Week and UFC 189. Among the topics discussed were training, his UFC debut, religion in MMA and his blossoming read news >>

UFC 189 video: Chad Mendes defends injured Jose Aldo from criticism

Chad Mendes offers support for the injured champion. read news >>

Conor McGregor on Chael Sonnen weight cut comments: 'Don't believe everything you hear'

LAS VEGAS -- Chael Sonnen whipped the MMA community into frenzy -- which he is known to do -- when he said on Jim Rome last week that Conor McGregor had to cut almost 30 pounds in eight days to make read news >>

Jose Aldo Provides X-Rays of Injury; Calls UFC Interim Belt a Toy

After receiving a flurry of criticism on Wednesday, Jose Aldo provided proof of his injury and blasted the interim title, calling it a "toy belt." read news >>