Barb Honchack Invicta FCCurrently riding a five-fight winning streak, women’s MMA up-and-comer Barb “Little Warrior” Honchak is quickly establishing herself as someone to reckoned with in Invicta FC’s 125-pound division.

Proof positive of this was her second-round TKO victory over Bethany Marshall in July.

“I was pretty happy with the way that fight went,” said Honchak. “It was my first fight that I had been training with MFS (Miletich Fighting Systems) in Iowa, and I had a lot of stuff going on in my life, a lot of changes and new management, so I definitely felt pressure going into that fight to perform well and I really feel like I did well.

“I felt stronger, I felt my positioning was better and overall I felt pretty dominant in that fight.”

Honchak says there’s not one thing that has led to her winning streak, but just her attitude in training that’s made the difference.

“I don’t think there’s one particular thing that’s made me successful over the past couple of years, I just train as hard as I possibly train and whether it’s a win or loss, after a fight I go back and study up on where I was weak or most vulnerable fights and find the mistakes and try to fix them,” she said.

“I think that is the key to my success, trying to fix my problems so it doesn’t happen again. I know other girls are watching those videos and see what happens in those fights, so I try to fix all the problems I’ve had in my previous fights.”

To run her streak to six, Honchak will face possibly her toughest challenge yet in Aisling Daley on Saturday night.

“I’ve been watching her for a long time and I imagine she’s been paying attention to me too, so I feel this fight is a long time in the making,” said Honchak. “I think we’re both well-rounded and have similar styles; I think we’re strong in the same areas. It’s going to be one of those fights where we go in and see where it goes.

“I think I have a little edge over her anywhere. I feel like I’m pretty strong in my stand-up, ground and grappling, so I feel anywhere the fight goes I’ll have the ability to handle her. No doubt it’s going to be very tough because she’s a great fighter, but I feel like I have a little bit more everywhere.”

With Invicta introducing championships at Friday’s event, a victory could put Honchak in prime position for a title shot.

“They have mentioned a 125-pound belt and I do hope I’m a contender,” she said. “I think a win in this fight could definitely put me in that spot.

“There are a lot of really good, talented fighters in the weight class in Invicta like Tara LaRosa and Vanessa Porto who will also be fighting Saturday night, and I think the winner of that fight could be a contender for the title as well.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Invicta FC news and updates.

Invicta FC 16 heads to Vegas with Alexa Grasso, Irene Aldana, others

Following Saturday’s Invicta FC 15 event, company president Shannon Knapp laid out some plans for Invicta FC 16.Filed under: News read news >>

Cris Cyborg vs. Daria Ibragimova: Winner, Recap, Reaction from Invicta FC 15

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino's scorched-earth campaign through Invicta FC's featherweight division continued at Invicta 15 with the champion defeating Daria Ibragimova in the main event via first-round read news >>

Invicta FC 15 Results: Cris Cyborg Smashes Daria Ibragimova

Cris "Cyborg" Justino proved once again that she reigns on high as queen of Invicta with a first-round finish of Daria Ibragimova at Invicta FC 15 on Saturday in Orange County, Calif. read news >>

As Baghdad heads to UFC, Juusola vs. Castillo named new RFA 35 headliner

RFA, which has sent dozens of fighters to the UFC in recent years, has named a new headliner for next month’s card following the latest departure.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

The State of the UFC Men's Bantamweight Division

These bantamweight dynasties—they don’t last forever. Just ask T.J. Dillashaw. On Sunday, it was Dominick Cruz bringing Dillashaw’s reign to a crashing halt after 20 months on top of the men’s 135-po read news >>

WSOF 28 heads to California with Marlon Moraes vs. Joseph Barajas title bout

WSOF has announced the headliner and co-headliner for WSOF 28, which takes place in California on Feb. 20.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Back at 155, Sanchez Faces Miller at UFC 197

After a one-fight experiment in the featherweight division, Diego Sanchez will move back to 155 pounds on Saturday, March 5 when he faces Jim Miller in a UFC FIGHT PASS featured bout on the UFC 197 c read news >>

Former M-1 Challenge heavyweight champ Marcin Tybura signs deal with UFC

The UFC has a new addition to its heavyweight division in the form of an ex-M-1 Challenge champion. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The State of the UFC Featherweight Division

The UFC featherweight division is a tale of two realities. On one hand, it boasts the most marketable champion in mixed martial arts, Conor McGregor. In short order, he has built himself into a cash- read news >>