Barb Honchack Invicta FCCurrently riding a five-fight winning streak, women’s MMA up-and-comer Barb “Little Warrior” Honchak is quickly establishing herself as someone to reckoned with in Invicta FC’s 125-pound division.

Proof positive of this was her second-round TKO victory over Bethany Marshall in July.

“I was pretty happy with the way that fight went,” said Honchak. “It was my first fight that I had been training with MFS (Miletich Fighting Systems) in Iowa, and I had a lot of stuff going on in my life, a lot of changes and new management, so I definitely felt pressure going into that fight to perform well and I really feel like I did well.

“I felt stronger, I felt my positioning was better and overall I felt pretty dominant in that fight.”

Honchak says there’s not one thing that has led to her winning streak, but just her attitude in training that’s made the difference.

“I don’t think there’s one particular thing that’s made me successful over the past couple of years, I just train as hard as I possibly train and whether it’s a win or loss, after a fight I go back and study up on where I was weak or most vulnerable fights and find the mistakes and try to fix them,” she said.

“I think that is the key to my success, trying to fix my problems so it doesn’t happen again. I know other girls are watching those videos and see what happens in those fights, so I try to fix all the problems I’ve had in my previous fights.”

To run her streak to six, Honchak will face possibly her toughest challenge yet in Aisling Daley on Saturday night.

“I’ve been watching her for a long time and I imagine she’s been paying attention to me too, so I feel this fight is a long time in the making,” said Honchak. “I think we’re both well-rounded and have similar styles; I think we’re strong in the same areas. It’s going to be one of those fights where we go in and see where it goes.

“I think I have a little edge over her anywhere. I feel like I’m pretty strong in my stand-up, ground and grappling, so I feel anywhere the fight goes I’ll have the ability to handle her. No doubt it’s going to be very tough because she’s a great fighter, but I feel like I have a little bit more everywhere.”

With Invicta introducing championships at Friday’s event, a victory could put Honchak in prime position for a title shot.

“They have mentioned a 125-pound belt and I do hope I’m a contender,” she said. “I think a win in this fight could definitely put me in that spot.

“There are a lot of really good, talented fighters in the weight class in Invicta like Tara LaRosa and Vanessa Porto who will also be fighting Saturday night, and I think the winner of that fight could be a contender for the title as well.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Invicta FC news and updates.

Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans Set for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Tim Kennedy will return to the Octagon to welcome Rashad Evans to the middleweight division at UFC 205. read news >>

Joanne Calderwood vs. Jessica Andrade Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

The strawweight division was put on notice after Jessica Andrade (15-5) dispatched Jessica Penne at UFC 199, and now the upper echelon is on red alert. Andrade walked through Joanne Calderwood (11-3) read news >>

UFC Fight Night 94 Results: Winners, Scorecards for Poirier vs. Johnson Card

The UFC lightweight division has a new title contender in Michael Johnson. It didn't take long for Johnson to show the world he means business in this division, knocking out Poirier after 95 seconds. read news >>

Unbeaten Julia Jones Expecting a War in Invicta FC Debut | MMAWeekly.com

Julia Jones will finally make her Invicta debut on September 23 in Kansas City, Missouri, against veteran Stephanie Skinner in a main card 105-pound bout. read news >>

Goodbye Gridlock: UFC's Top 10 Middleweights All Fight in Next 2 Months

It’s hard to believe, but the UFC middleweight division has never really recovered from Anderson Silva losing his title back in 2013. Once a pillar of consistency during Silva’s near seven-year reign read news >>

Cris Cyborg: 'I Hope Ronda Rousey is Coming Back' (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Invicta FC featherweight champ Cris Cyborg has reasons bigger than herself for wanting Ronda Rousey to come back to the Octagon. read news >>

On FIGHT PASS: Invicta FC 19, Friday Sept 23 2016 8 pm ET

On Friday night, September 23 in Kansas City, Invicta Fighting Championships will host their 19th event, headlined by two highly anticipated title tilts. Check out all the action of this eight-fight read news >>

Invicta FC 19: Maia vs. Modafferi Weigh-in Video, Live at 8p ET | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the Invicta FC: Maia vs. Modafferi weigh-in, streaming LIVE on MMAWeekly.com, Thursday at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT. read news >>

Amy Coleman, in Her Invicta FC Debut, Looking to Prove She Belongs | MMAWeekly.com

Amy Coleman makes her Invicta FC debut on Friday in Kansas City, taking on promotional veteran Amber Leibrock in a main card 145-pound fight. read news >>

Invicta FC 19 Maia vs. Modafferi: Live Results, Play-by-Play and Highlights

Invicta FC is set for two title tilts Friday evening. Invicta FC interim flyweight champion Jennifer Maia will take on Roxanne Modafferi in the main event. The bout will determine a new undisputed ch read news >>