Chris BealIf anything, undefeated bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal’s recent fight at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 7 proved that he can adjust to unexpected situations and make the best of things.

Originally scheduled in a feature bout with veteran Shad Smith, Beal found out that they’d be stepping into the show’s main event after both headlining fighters went down with injury.

“It doesn’t matter whether I fight first or last,” said Beal. “This is the second time I’ve become the main event for him, so they know they can call on me and I’ll perform.”

It’s in his performance that Beal was able to overcome the second issue, illness, and take the fight via unanimous decision to raise his record to 7-0.

“I think I performed as best I could with the situation I was in,” said Beal. “I was a little under the weather, a little sick, and that week I didn’t really train that hard because I had congestion in my chest and stuff.

“My striking was pretty good and I stayed away from anything he had to offer pretty much and took the fight where I wanted it to go. I landed a good amount of punches and elbows and in the end did pretty good. I still put a lot of damage on him.”

Beal feels with his performance in the fight that he’s proven he can make the most of a situation and defeat a veteran fighter with more experience than he has.

Should he continue on his current progression, bigger opportunities may not be that far off.

“I’m feeling good and just like I need to keep taking those baby steps,” he said. “I know at 100-percent or even like at 90-percent, I’ll be way better than that performance, so I’m pretty confident about taking that next step.

“I’m just going to relax the rest of this year and maybe fight in January. This was my fourth fight this year, so I want to rest my body a little bit, get strong and ready for 2013.”

(Photo courtesy of BAMMA USA)

Jose Aldo UFC 194 Media Scrum Video from Rio de Janeiro

Featherweight champion Jose Aldo answered questions during a recent scrum interview promoting his UFC 194 title fight against interim champion Conor McGregor. read news >>

Holly Holm Answers Ronda Rousey 'Jerk' Question, Has Seen Knockout over 30 Times

Holly Holm snubbed the chance to add to Ronda Rousey’s recent misery, offering a neutral answer when asked whether her UFC 193 opponent is a “jerk.” Holm, who stunned the world with her knockout win read news >>

Video: Fighter dislodges opponent's tooth, punches it into crowd

During the recent APEX Fights 8 event, Joshua Spears lost a tooth – and based on its subsequent trajectory, it’s probably not one he got back.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Uriah Hall explains his controversial 'terrorist' comment from social media

Uriah Hall is sorry but not sorry when it comes to a recent Instagram post in which he labeled MMA fans as “terrorists” due to the harsh criticism directed at Ronda Rousey following her knockout loss read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov opts against retirement but won't get desired Al Iaquinta matchup

Although another recent injury had Khabib Nurmagomedov considering retirement, he’s opted to fight on. But he won’t get his desired matchup.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Why UFC vet Thiago Tavares didn't mind that deep gash and recent TKO loss

Veteran UFC featherweight Thiago Tavares said he doesn’t necessarily get hung up on whether he wins or loses his fights.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Count Max Holloway Among Nick Diaz Defenders: ‘It’s a Bunch of BS’

Featherweight contender Max Holloway became the most recent fighter to speak out about Nick Diaz’ five-year suspension for testing positive for marijuana. read news >>