Chris BealIf anything, undefeated bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal’s recent fight at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 7 proved that he can adjust to unexpected situations and make the best of things.

Originally scheduled in a feature bout with veteran Shad Smith, Beal found out that they’d be stepping into the show’s main event after both headlining fighters went down with injury.

“It doesn’t matter whether I fight first or last,” said Beal. “This is the second time I’ve become the main event for him, so they know they can call on me and I’ll perform.”

It’s in his performance that Beal was able to overcome the second issue, illness, and take the fight via unanimous decision to raise his record to 7-0.

“I think I performed as best I could with the situation I was in,” said Beal. “I was a little under the weather, a little sick, and that week I didn’t really train that hard because I had congestion in my chest and stuff.

“My striking was pretty good and I stayed away from anything he had to offer pretty much and took the fight where I wanted it to go. I landed a good amount of punches and elbows and in the end did pretty good. I still put a lot of damage on him.”

Beal feels with his performance in the fight that he’s proven he can make the most of a situation and defeat a veteran fighter with more experience than he has.

Should he continue on his current progression, bigger opportunities may not be that far off.

“I’m feeling good and just like I need to keep taking those baby steps,” he said. “I know at 100-percent or even like at 90-percent, I’ll be way better than that performance, so I’m pretty confident about taking that next step.

“I’m just going to relax the rest of this year and maybe fight in January. This was my fourth fight this year, so I want to rest my body a little bit, get strong and ready for 2013.”

(Photo courtesy of BAMMA USA)

UFC on FOX 15: Road to Octagon video

Watch UFC on FOX 15: Road to the Octagon for FOX's preview of the latest UFC event on April 18 in Newark, N.J.. In the main event, former UFC champion Lyoto Machida squares off against Luke Rockhold, read news >>

The Fowlkes Finds: Gonzaga's head wound, Baroni-Schilling beef, Wanderlei's latest

From vicious Twitter beefs to the continuing enigma of Wanderlei Silva to “CM Punk’s” very illuminating explanation for why he wanted to leave the WWE for the UFC, here’s what’s happening on the MMA read news >>

Video: Ahead of WSOF 20, Ali Abdelaziz relives the insanity behind recent success

Two weeks ago, WSOF put on what is widely considered to be the promotion’s best card to date, but the event was nearly an absolute disaster.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Videos, WSOF read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64: Latest Vegas odds, lines and betting guide for 'Gonzaga vs CroCop 2' in Poland

Get a detailed breakdown of the betting lines for UFC Fight Night 64 event that is set to hit Krakow Arena in Krakow, Poland, this weekend (Sat., April 11, 2015,), including best bets, underdogs, fav read news >>

Nate Diaz vs. Matt Brown Announced for UFC 189: Latest Details and Reaction

A marquee MMA matchup will unfold at UFC 189 on July 11 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas when Nate Diaz and Matt Brown tangle in the Octagon. Fox Sports 1's UFC Tonight broke the news of the im read news >>

Walmart is Selling Ronda Rousey’s New Book, Contrary to Reports

Contrary to recent reports, Walmart is selling UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey's new book, My Fight/Your Fight. read news >>

Mike Swick Returns to the Octagon For The First Time Since 2012 at UFC 189 Against Alex Garcia

Mike “Quick” Swick (15-5) will return to action for the first time since December 2012 on July 11 at UFC 189 against Alex Garcia (12-2). read news >>

Quick Swick Returns at UFC 189

Back in action for the first time since December of 2012, longtime middleweight and welterweight standout Mike "Quick" Swick will return to the Octagon on Saturday, July 11, to face Alex "The... read news >>

The Question: Should Zuffa Cancel Depleted UFC 186 Card?

UFC 186, the latest in a string of utterly cursed fight cards, took another hit on Tuesday morning when a New Jersey judge granted an injunction to Bellator that will prevent Quinton "Rampage" Jackso read news >>