Chris BealIf anything, undefeated bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal’s recent fight at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 7 proved that he can adjust to unexpected situations and make the best of things.

Originally scheduled in a feature bout with veteran Shad Smith, Beal found out that they’d be stepping into the show’s main event after both headlining fighters went down with injury.

“It doesn’t matter whether I fight first or last,” said Beal. “This is the second time I’ve become the main event for him, so they know they can call on me and I’ll perform.”

It’s in his performance that Beal was able to overcome the second issue, illness, and take the fight via unanimous decision to raise his record to 7-0.

“I think I performed as best I could with the situation I was in,” said Beal. “I was a little under the weather, a little sick, and that week I didn’t really train that hard because I had congestion in my chest and stuff.

“My striking was pretty good and I stayed away from anything he had to offer pretty much and took the fight where I wanted it to go. I landed a good amount of punches and elbows and in the end did pretty good. I still put a lot of damage on him.”

Beal feels with his performance in the fight that he’s proven he can make the most of a situation and defeat a veteran fighter with more experience than he has.

Should he continue on his current progression, bigger opportunities may not be that far off.

“I’m feeling good and just like I need to keep taking those baby steps,” he said. “I know at 100-percent or even like at 90-percent, I’ll be way better than that performance, so I’m pretty confident about taking that next step.

“I’m just going to relax the rest of this year and maybe fight in January. This was my fourth fight this year, so I want to rest my body a little bit, get strong and ready for 2013.”

(Photo courtesy of BAMMA USA)

The legend of Dominick Cruz, and the quest to solidify it as fact

Dominick Cruz has fought so infrequently in recent years that he’s become something of an MMA myth. By throwing himself straight into the fire against champion T.J. Dillashaw, he gains a chance to be read news >>

FOX Sports suspends analyst Kenny Florian following plagiarism issue

FOX Sports has suspended former UFC fighter and current analyst Kenny Florian following his recent apology for plagiarism.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC middleweight Tim Kennedy not working with FBI on recent ISIS threat

So what happens when you’re apparently targeted by ISIS and notified by the FBI? If you’re Tim Kennedy, you stay ready and carry the proper tools. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC fighters' funniest USADA-testing stories: Guns, birthday suits, GPS coordinates

BOSTON – Thanks to a recent deal with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) and the new UFC Anti-Doping Policy, fighters are getting tested more often, and they have plenty of stories about the process read news >>

Conor McGregor Did Not Appreciate Floyd Mayweather’s Racial Comments (Video)

Featherweight champion Conor McGregor responded to Floyd Mayweather's recent comments about race directed toward him and Ronda Rousey. read news >>

White: Ex-champ Cain Velasquez headed for back surgery, 4-week recovery expected

Cain Velasquez will reportedly undergo surgery following his most recent injury and fight withdrawal. According to Dana White, Velasquez is expected to make a complete recovery within four weeks of g read news >>

Patricky Freire on recent depression, stunning KO, callout of Melvin Guillard

Patricky Freire was not in a good place mentally after his loss to Derek Anderson at Bellator 147. The defeat led to issues with his family and even physical manifestations of stress.Filed under: Bel read news >>

UFC Fight Night 82's Joseph Benavidez still with Team Alpha Male despite mixed camp

Although Joseph Benavidez has spent recent weeks training alongside former UFC champ T.J. Dillashaw in Colorado, he said he wants to make it clear he hasn’t parted ways with Team Alpha Male the way D read news >>

Benson Henderson gets welterweight title shot vs. Koreshkov in Bellator 153 main event

Former UFC lightweight champion and recent Bellator acquisition Benson Henderson will get an immediate title shot at welterweight in his new home.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Jon Jones Responds to His Critics: ‘They’re Talking About Tickets”

Former UFC champ Jon Jones responded to critics of his recent traffic violation by posting a video on Instagram. read news >>