Chris BealIf anything, undefeated bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal’s recent fight at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 7 proved that he can adjust to unexpected situations and make the best of things.

Originally scheduled in a feature bout with veteran Shad Smith, Beal found out that they’d be stepping into the show’s main event after both headlining fighters went down with injury.

“It doesn’t matter whether I fight first or last,” said Beal. “This is the second time I’ve become the main event for him, so they know they can call on me and I’ll perform.”

It’s in his performance that Beal was able to overcome the second issue, illness, and take the fight via unanimous decision to raise his record to 7-0.

“I think I performed as best I could with the situation I was in,” said Beal. “I was a little under the weather, a little sick, and that week I didn’t really train that hard because I had congestion in my chest and stuff.

“My striking was pretty good and I stayed away from anything he had to offer pretty much and took the fight where I wanted it to go. I landed a good amount of punches and elbows and in the end did pretty good. I still put a lot of damage on him.”

Beal feels with his performance in the fight that he’s proven he can make the most of a situation and defeat a veteran fighter with more experience than he has.

Should he continue on his current progression, bigger opportunities may not be that far off.

“I’m feeling good and just like I need to keep taking those baby steps,” he said. “I know at 100-percent or even like at 90-percent, I’ll be way better than that performance, so I’m pretty confident about taking that next step.

“I’m just going to relax the rest of this year and maybe fight in January. This was my fourth fight this year, so I want to rest my body a little bit, get strong and ready for 2013.”

(Photo courtesy of BAMMA USA)

Danny Castillo: Win or lose I always get an extra check on the backend

In a recent interview with the Three Amigos Podcast, Danny Castillo discussed his eminent Octagon appointment with Miller, locker room bonuses, the iv ban and more. This afternoon, the UFC brings for read news >>

Wanderlei Silva Claims UFC Has Fixed Fights, Says He Can Prove It

Wanderlei Silva has been actively crusading against the UFC in recent months, but he broke new ground in a series of posts on Facebook yesterday (h/t to MMAJunkie.com for translating). While the topi read news >>

WSOF hires cutman 'Stitch' Duran to work 'Palhares vs Shields' event after controversial UFC release

In a recent conference call to promote "Palhares vs. Shields," which takes place on Aug. 1, 2015, WSOF President Ray Sefo declared that he'd love to have renowned cutman Jacob "Stitch" Duran in the o read news >>

Duane Ludwig doesn't regret recent comments about Team Alpha Male

CHICAGO -- Duane Ludwig talks about his recent comments regarding Team Alpha Male, what he meant by those comments, what makes Dillashaw special, the rematch against Barao and more. read news >>

Jose Aldo launches wild litigation spree, threatens to sue UFC and Chael Sonnen over recent rib roast

Reigning Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight titleholder Jose Aldo has been asking Chael Sonnen to STFU for several years and to the surprise of no one, "The American Gangster" has ign read news >>

UFC 189 results: Alex Garcia cruises to decision over Mike Swick

Save for a two-fight comeback in 2012, we haven't seen much of Mike Swick in recent years. And while the TUF 1 standout is well-liked in the business, his return fight on Saturday night unfortunately read news >>

New Invicta champion Tonya Evinger found motivation in recent Dana White tweet: 'That pissed me off'

LAS VEGAS -- New Invicta FC bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger talks about beating Irene Aldana, finally becoming a champion, how she turned her career around, finding motivation from a Dana White t read news >>

Tonya Evinger Invicta FC 13 media day scrum

LAS VEGAS -- Tonya Evinger discusses recent comments by Sean Shelby, her motivation, why she would rather fight for Invicta than UFC, and more during Invicta FC 13 media day Tuesday. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez reacts to Gilbert Melendez's drug test failure: 'I understand why guys do stuff'

Eddie Alvarez got wind of Gilbert Melendez's recent drug test failure for exogenous testosterone, but it doesn't sound like the former Bellator champ is taking a very hard line stance on the issue. W read news >>

The UFC Cutting Room Floor: Hatsu Hioki and long goodbyes

Zane Simon goes in depth on the most recent UFC roster cuts, just who the fighters were, and whether or not we might expect them back soon. New to this episode, a look at the UFC signings from the mo read news >>