Chris BealIf anything, undefeated bantamweight prospect Chris “Real Deal” Beal’s recent fight at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 7 proved that he can adjust to unexpected situations and make the best of things.

Originally scheduled in a feature bout with veteran Shad Smith, Beal found out that they’d be stepping into the show’s main event after both headlining fighters went down with injury.

“It doesn’t matter whether I fight first or last,” said Beal. “This is the second time I’ve become the main event for him, so they know they can call on me and I’ll perform.”

It’s in his performance that Beal was able to overcome the second issue, illness, and take the fight via unanimous decision to raise his record to 7-0.

“I think I performed as best I could with the situation I was in,” said Beal. “I was a little under the weather, a little sick, and that week I didn’t really train that hard because I had congestion in my chest and stuff.

“My striking was pretty good and I stayed away from anything he had to offer pretty much and took the fight where I wanted it to go. I landed a good amount of punches and elbows and in the end did pretty good. I still put a lot of damage on him.”

Beal feels with his performance in the fight that he’s proven he can make the most of a situation and defeat a veteran fighter with more experience than he has.

Should he continue on his current progression, bigger opportunities may not be that far off.

“I’m feeling good and just like I need to keep taking those baby steps,” he said. “I know at 100-percent or even like at 90-percent, I’ll be way better than that performance, so I’m pretty confident about taking that next step.

“I’m just going to relax the rest of this year and maybe fight in January. This was my fourth fight this year, so I want to rest my body a little bit, get strong and ready for 2013.”

(Photo courtesy of BAMMA USA)

Despite skid, WSOF 33's Joao Zeferino doesn't see recent losses as setbacks

Joao Zeferino has a surprisingly positive outlook on the current status of his career. With back-to-back losses, Zeferino said he doesn’t feel an unordinary amount of pressure to get back on track wh read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson Results and Highlights

UFC 204 was one of the more exciting events in recent memory with just the first and last fights of the night going the distance, exceeding all expectations.Despite several injuries and losing one bo read news >>

Bellator 169 heads to Ireland with 'King Mo' vs. Satoshi Ishii headliner

Bellator 169, which is a joint venture with BAMMA, heads to Ireland on Dec. 16 with a heavyweight headliner.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

King Mo Lawal Headlines Bellator and BAMMA Co-Promoted Irish Event |

King Mo Lawal headlines as Bellator heads to Dublin, Ireland, for a co-promoted event with BAMMA. read news >>

UFC contender Demian Maia proud of lack of damage taken in recent fights

UFC welterweight contender Demian Maia has absorbed just 13 significant strikes in his past four fights combined. That's a statistic he can take pride in, because the jiu-jitsu ace has always preache read news >>

Nate Diaz taunts Conor McGregor after recent comments about trilogy fight

Nate Diaz fires back at Conor McGregor read news >>

Dana White Talks About Anderson Silva Being 'Mistreated'

Dana White believes Anderson Silva's recent comments on being disrespected by the UFC are ridiculous.Following Jose Aldo, MMA legend Anderson Silva has become the latest Brazilian fighter to ope read news >>

Anderson Silva backing down from recent criticism of UFC, offers brief apology to Dana White

As far as apologies go, Anderson Silva’s wasn’t exactly a major one. But a sorry is a sorry, and “The Spider” certainly took a step back from recent comments that were critical of the UFC. Filed unde read news >>

UFC vet Niklas Backstrom meets Brian Moore under BAMMA banner at Bellator 169 in Dublin

Bellator’s December debut in Ireland, a co-promotion, has a pair of new BAMMA bouts set for the lineup. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Matt Brown Faces Tarec Saffiedine at UFC 207 |

Struggling to find their footing in recent bouts, Matt Brown and Tarec Saffiedine will square off at UFC 207. read news >>