Ross Pearson UFC FN 21Ross Pearson entered UFC on FX 6 with bad blood and anxiety when it came to coaching against George Sotiropoulos.

On Friday night, in enemy territory, Pearson finally put an end to the rivalry with an emphatic third round TKO.

For half the year, Pearson just wanted his feud with Sotiropoulos to be finally over.  During this time, the Brit learned a valuable lesson in patience that he brought with him to the Gold Coast Convention Centre.

“I’m ecstatic, this fight has been a long-time in the making,” Pearson said at the UFC on FX 6 post-fight press conference.

“I just wanted it so bad.  I’ve worked so hard for it.  I just had to take me time. A couple of times when I rocked George I kept telling meself like I normally would to go, go, go, but sometimes I feel like I haven’t been getting the finish because I’m pressing too hard.

“I listened to my coaches, took my time, stayed relax and the knockout will come.  It’s not about power, it’s your timing, and finding that shot and once you land he’s ready to go.”

Even though Pearson earned the win he was looking for, he’s not trying to tear down Sotiropoulos at his lowest time.  The 28-year-old just wants to move on and cherish that the rivalry he had is now over.

“I said before the fight and I’ll say it again, we’re never going to be friends.  He’s his person and I’m my person, and we’re never going to get along.  Things happened off camera.  Whatever it is, it’s settled now.  I’ve got the fight out of the way, I’ve finished the fight, and there’s nothing to look back on now.

“That’s it, me and George are two different people.  I’m not going to keep talking and rub salt in the wound; there’s no need for that.  What’s happened has happened.  I won the fight.  I’ll move on with my career and on to the next opponent.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all of your UFC on FX 6 news and fight coverage.

Travis Browne Explains Why MMA Math Doesn’t Work

Heavyweight contender Travis Browne explains why "MMA math" doesn't work, and why it can't be applied in his UFC 200 bout against former champion Cain Velasquez. read news >>

Jason Novelli Heads into Titan FC 38 Co-Main Event Planning a Big Career Year

Finally getting his training on track, Jason Novelli heads into Saturday's Titan FC 38 with plans for it to be a career year for him. read news >>

Overeem ready to finally claim his long-awaited title shot

Alistair Overeem’s journey to the top of the UFC’s heavyweight division hasn’t gone quite as fast as expected. But on Sunday night, he gets his chance to make good on squandered opportunities by secu read news >>

Gunnar Nelson Doesn’t Wrap His Hands Before Fights, Likes to ‘Get the Feel’

UFC welterweight contender Gunnar Nelson doesn't wrap his hands before fights and doesn't plan to start. read news >>

Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 198

Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino finally made her UFC debut, and while it wasn't against the opponent everyone once expected, she delivered a predictable result. Cyborg defeated Leslie Smith via first-roun read news >>

Stipe Miocic Finally Breaks Veteran Stranglehold on UFC Heavyweight Title

Back in January, after a scheduled matchup between Stipe Miocic and Fabricio Werdum was postponed due to a Werdum injury, the Brazilian UFC heavyweight champ threw a little shade in the direction of read news >>

Cris Cyborg Doesn’t Believe People Will Talk About a Fight with Ronda Rousey

Don't put all your hope on Cris "Cyborg" Justino fighting Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate or Holly Holm at 135 pounds. Not yet, anyway. read news >>

What's next for 'Cyborg' in the UFC? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Cris Justino finally made her UFC debut on Saturday night, but don't expect a superfight with Ronda Rousey anytime soon. read news >>

What's next for 'Cyborg' in the UFC? (Yahoo Sports)

Michael Bisping on finally getting his title shot: 'I believe this is my destiny' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Bisping is quickly closing in on UFC history. So why doesn't he get much respect in the sport? read news >>