Julian Erosa-CageSportFollowing the first loss of his career in December, Washington 145-pound prospect Julian Erosa was looking to rebound recently at CageSport 24. Not so much because of the loss, but to not lose to a fighter he had beaten previously.

“After losing to Drew (Brokenshire), it didn’t deter me or break me down too much,” said Erosa. “There were things I could have done and should have done in that fight to win it, but I wasn’t able to do it, and Drew just had a good game plan against me.

“So it was important to come back and get a win, but it really has nothing to do with the Drew fight. It has more to do with having beaten Jason Gybels once before and it would have been more of a heartbreak if he would have beaten me after I had won the first one.”

Luckily for Erosa, he managed to submit Gybels in the second round and raise his record to 10-1 and get back on track.

“I fought Jason once before and got the knockout the first time around, so I knew my hands were probably going to be better than his and I thought for sure he was going to go for the takedown, which he did in the first fight. So I wasn’t really surprised by his effort to take me down,” said Erosa.

“I’m (good at scrambling) on the ground and hard to sub, so I wasn’t worried about that. I was worried about him winning the rounds just on positioning and bullying me around.”

Following a slow start, Erosa managed to step things up in the second and catch Gybels with a triangle choke.

With the win, Erosa told MMAWeekly.com that next he’s looking to avenge his loss from last year.

“I’m pretty sure we’re going to rematch in July, so I’m really stoked about that,” he said. “I know all the stuff I need to do to beat him and work on in camp and perform on that day.

“If I’d lost again, who knows what would have happened? Maybe I’d have to fight a couple more dudes before I’d fight (Brokenshire) again, but (beating Gybels) definitely puts me in line to fight him again and hopefully get the win over him.”

Rematch aside, Erosa’s goal for the remainder of the year is to expand both his game and his exposure in the featherweight division.

“The whole goal for this year is getting out there, training with other camps and just seeing where I fall with higher level guys,” he said. “I come from Yakama, which maybe isn’t the biggest town – and we have a great team here – but it’s always nice to see where you fall with other top pros.

“I really want to try to explore my options and see where I fall in line with UFC guys and see how I do against them and see if I can keep up in the UFC at 145 pounds. I’m just really looking forward to pushing myself this year and maintaining my record and getting into any shows that is going to further my career.”

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm Broke Records, On Track for 1 Million-Plus PPVs

Dana White says UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm was massive, breaking all kinds of records, and is on track to top one million pay-per-view buys. read news >>

Lorenzo Fertitta: UFC 193 on track to be second-largest PPV in company history (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Ronda Rousey's stunning defeat at the hands of Holly Holm set plenty of UFC records, according to the CEO of the company. read news >>

Officials: Recently retired 'Cro Cop' first UFC fighter to fail USADA drug test

Mirko Filipovic might be officially retired from MMA, but it appears “Cro Cop” will soon be suspended from competing in the sport, as well.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Surprise! Floyd Mayweather Says Ronda Rousey is Bad for Boxing

Surprise, surprise.... recently retired boxer Floyd Mayweather is not happy about UFC champ Ronda Rousey being on the cover of boxing's The Ring magazine. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Comments on Ronda Rousey's Ring Magazine Cover

Ronda Rousey recently became the first woman to grace the cover of Ring Magazine, but retired boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. used the historic accomplishment as an avenue to comment on the state of boxin read news >>

After brutal string of opponents, Angela Hill announces UFC release

After fighting a terribly tough stretch of opponents, Angela Hill recently announced the UFC has released her from her contract.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'ONE Championship 34: Kingdom of Khmer' heads to Cambodia with Tynanes-Yakhyaev

ONE Championship is heading to Cambodia in December for “ONE Championship 34: Kingdom of Khmer,” officials recently announced.Filed under: News read news >>

Glory Kickboxing 25: Milan Fight Card, Schedule and Predictions

Despite Glory Kickboxing recently losing its television deal with Spike TV, the shows must go on. On Friday, Nov. 6, Glory 25 in Milan will take place. The promotion's website lists the lightweight t read news >>

Cosmo Alexandre signs exclusive deal with WSOF

Kickboxing star and Bellator veteran Cosmo Alexandre has signed an exclusive multi-fight deal with WSOF, officials recently announced.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>