Former UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn lost his belt to challenger Frankie Edgar last weekend at “UFC 112: Invincible” in Abu Dhabi via controversial unanimous decision. “The Prodigy” took a moment away from discussing that bout, and the apparent rematch that is rumored to follow it, to talk to Washington D.C. radio station 106.7 The Fan about fellow UFC 112 main-eventer and pound for pound great Anderson Silva’s highly debated controversial performance against Demian Maia.

“Honestly for me, I didn’t get to see the fight because it was right after me and Frankie fought,” said Penn. “From what I understand though, I heard Anderson really wanted to fight Vitor Belfort. But then on the other hand, I know he’s got a job to do and he’s gotta go out and destroy his opponent. Then on Dana’s side I can see him being upset because he’s trying to move into this new market and everyone is booing his main event and this and that. I’m just glad I’m not involved with that and I’m just glad I got to sit on the side and watch. I really got nothing to say about Anderson. He’s defended the title six times and I’ve yet to do an accomplishment like that and I really have no grounds to speak on that.”

Penn has been vocal in his admiration of Silva and has said that he feels that “The Spider” is one of the very best fighters in the world. The fact that the two pound for pound greats were sharing a spot on the same card lead many to believe that UFC 112 would be one of the best fight cards that the promotion had ever brought to fans. Unfortunately, UFC 112 will forever be marred by Silva’s manic performance and Penn’s controversial defeat; a defeat that “The Prodigy” feels drops his status as one of the pound for pound best.

“After my defeat decision the past couple of days ago, I’m not on that list anymore,” said Penn “It’s gotta be Fedor [Emelianenko]. He finishes his guy and how can I argue against him?”

It seems very likely that Penn will soon have a chance to rematch Edgar and to place himself back in the pound for pound debate; a fact that likely leaves contenders Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard crestfallen.

Dana White Talks About Anderson Silva Being 'Mistreated'

Dana White believes Anderson Silva's recent comments on being disrespected by the UFC are ridiculous.Following Jose Aldo, MMA legend Anderson Silva has become the latest Brazilian fighter to ope read news >>

Anderson Silva backing down from recent criticism of UFC, offers brief apology to Dana White

As far as apologies go, Anderson Silva’s wasn’t exactly a major one. But a sorry is a sorry, and “The Spider” certainly took a step back from recent comments that were critical of the UFC. Filed unde read news >>

'The Korean Zombie' Chan Sung Jung Calls out UFC Legend BJ Penn for Return

"The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung is officially back, and he has his eyes set on a big-name opponent for his return. In a promotional video released through Monsterzym, a Korean supplement manufactu read news >>

The Korean Zombie is back and wants B.J. Penn

The Korean Zombie is aiming high for his Octagon return and calling out BJ Penn.Chan Sung Jung (14-4 MMA, 3-1 UFC) announced to that he will make his MMA return soon and wants B.J. Pen read news >>

UFC: Gegard Mousasi Wants to Fight Uriah Hall or Anderson Silva

UFC middlweight Gegard Mousasi has expressed an interest in fighting both Uriah Hall and future hall of famerAnderson 'The Spider' Silva.Just last month Gegard Mousasi was in Manchester, En read news >>

Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum Announced for UFC 207: Comments, Reaction

• a day ago

Cain Velasquez lost to Fabricio Werdum by third-round submission at UFC 188 in June 2015, but the promotion announced Thursday that the 34-year-old will have a shot at redemption. According to the Lo read news >>

Daniel Cormier worried UFC 206 will get lost without Georges St-Pierre

• a day ago

Daniel Cormier has a financial investment in Georges St-Pierre fighting again read news >>

Uriah Hall talks Josh Samman, middleweight division & more on FB Live

• a day ago

No. 10-ranked middleweight Uriah Hall joined's Matt Parrino Friday afternoon for a segment called UFC Rankings Report Rewind on Facebook Live. read news >>

UFC Belfast: Gegard Mousasi Set to Rematch Uriah Hall in New Headliner

• 10 hours ago

UFC Fight Night 99 has lost its main event as Gunnar Nelson has withdrawn from the card due to injury.Gunnar Nelson has had to pull out of yet another big time fight this time practically in his own read news >>

Anderson Silva Apologizes, Dana White Accepts |

• an hour ago

Thank goodness we have TMZ to bring Anderson Silva and Dana White together, keeping the MMA world in harmony. read news >>