Former UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn lost his belt to challenger Frankie Edgar last weekend at “UFC 112: Invincible” in Abu Dhabi via controversial unanimous decision. “The Prodigy” took a moment away from discussing that bout, and the apparent rematch that is rumored to follow it, to talk to Washington D.C. radio station 106.7 The Fan about fellow UFC 112 main-eventer and pound for pound great Anderson Silva’s highly debated controversial performance against Demian Maia.

“Honestly for me, I didn’t get to see the fight because it was right after me and Frankie fought,” said Penn. “From what I understand though, I heard Anderson really wanted to fight Vitor Belfort. But then on the other hand, I know he’s got a job to do and he’s gotta go out and destroy his opponent. Then on Dana’s side I can see him being upset because he’s trying to move into this new market and everyone is booing his main event and this and that. I’m just glad I’m not involved with that and I’m just glad I got to sit on the side and watch. I really got nothing to say about Anderson. He’s defended the title six times and I’ve yet to do an accomplishment like that and I really have no grounds to speak on that.”

Penn has been vocal in his admiration of Silva and has said that he feels that “The Spider” is one of the very best fighters in the world. The fact that the two pound for pound greats were sharing a spot on the same card lead many to believe that UFC 112 would be one of the best fight cards that the promotion had ever brought to fans. Unfortunately, UFC 112 will forever be marred by Silva’s manic performance and Penn’s controversial defeat; a defeat that “The Prodigy” feels drops his status as one of the pound for pound best.

“After my defeat decision the past couple of days ago, I’m not on that list anymore,” said Penn “It’s gotta be Fedor [Emelianenko]. He finishes his guy and how can I argue against him?”

It seems very likely that Penn will soon have a chance to rematch Edgar and to place himself back in the pound for pound debate; a fact that likely leaves contenders Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard crestfallen.

Nate Diaz talks Bieber, McGregor on Conan

Nate Diaz paid a special visit to Conan on July 26, 2016 to discuss his rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 202, what really happened between him and Justin Bieber, and much more. We've got all the cl read news >>

BJ Penn Expects to Return in November, Reponds to Dana White’s Comments

B.J. Penn expects to return to the UFC in November and responds to Dana White's recent comments about him not living up to his full potential. read news >>

On The Rise: UFC 201 Edition

While they aren’t established names now – or lost some momentum after a hot start a couple years ago in one instance – these are three fighters fans could be hearing a lot more from in the next year, read news >>

UFC 201 Is Another Night in the Lost Reign of Robbie Lawler

If a Robbie Lawler opponent falls but no one is watching, does he make a sound? If you’re one of the ones who has been watching the past few years, you’d probably say so. They tend to grunt or groan read news >>

VIDEO: Urijah Faber Talks PEDs, Brock Lesnar, and Chad Mendes

Urijah Faber reflects on his career and also shares his thoughts on Brock Lesnar and Chad Mendes’ recent involvement with PEDs. read news >>

Paige VanZant Video: ‘After Dancing With the Stars, I Craved the Violence’

UFC strawweight contender Paige VanZant talks about Dancing With the Stars, her loss to Rose Namajunas, and her upcoming bout with Bec Rawlings. read news >>

UFC 201 Fighter Salaries: Robbie Lawler Tops Payroll, Even in Defeat

Robbie Lawler lost the welterweight title at UFC 201, but he still topped the disclosed UFC 201 fighter payroll. read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold Believes an Anderson Silva Beatdown Puts Him Back at the Top

Luke Rockhold wants to get the UFC middleweight belt back, and he believes that a beatdown of Anderson Silva would put him right back in the thick of things. read news >>

Court McGee Talks About Emotional Win at UFC Fight Night 92 (Video)

Fighting in his home state of Utah, Court McGee talks about the emotion of the moment, defeating Dominque Steele at UFC Fight Night 92. read news >>

Camp report: Kavanagh on Conor and SBG

What's it like inside Conor McGregor's camp, SBG Ireland? Team leader John Kavanagh talks about his squad's greatest fight night, what's happened since, and the big night ahead at UFC 202. read news >>