Former UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn lost his belt to challenger Frankie Edgar last weekend at “UFC 112: Invincible” in Abu Dhabi via controversial unanimous decision. “The Prodigy” took a moment away from discussing that bout, and the apparent rematch that is rumored to follow it, to talk to Washington D.C. radio station 106.7 The Fan about fellow UFC 112 main-eventer and pound for pound great Anderson Silva’s highly debated controversial performance against Demian Maia.

“Honestly for me, I didn’t get to see the fight because it was right after me and Frankie fought,” said Penn. “From what I understand though, I heard Anderson really wanted to fight Vitor Belfort. But then on the other hand, I know he’s got a job to do and he’s gotta go out and destroy his opponent. Then on Dana’s side I can see him being upset because he’s trying to move into this new market and everyone is booing his main event and this and that. I’m just glad I’m not involved with that and I’m just glad I got to sit on the side and watch. I really got nothing to say about Anderson. He’s defended the title six times and I’ve yet to do an accomplishment like that and I really have no grounds to speak on that.”

Penn has been vocal in his admiration of Silva and has said that he feels that “The Spider” is one of the very best fighters in the world. The fact that the two pound for pound greats were sharing a spot on the same card lead many to believe that UFC 112 would be one of the best fight cards that the promotion had ever brought to fans. Unfortunately, UFC 112 will forever be marred by Silva’s manic performance and Penn’s controversial defeat; a defeat that “The Prodigy” feels drops his status as one of the pound for pound best.

“After my defeat decision the past couple of days ago, I’m not on that list anymore,” said Penn “It’s gotta be Fedor [Emelianenko]. He finishes his guy and how can I argue against him?”

It seems very likely that Penn will soon have a chance to rematch Edgar and to place himself back in the pound for pound debate; a fact that likely leaves contenders Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard crestfallen.

Michael Bisping Talks Luke Rockhold, Anderson Silva Ahead of UFC 199 Title Fight

Michael Bisping thinks “destiny” has handed him the chance to become the UFC middleweight champion as he gears up to face Luke Rockhold on June 4 at UFC 199. An injury to Chris Weidman left the main read news >>

BJ Penn Pulled from UFC 199: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

UFC fans will not get the opportunity to watch BJ Penn square off against Cole Miller at UFC 199 in Los Angeles on June 4. According to a statement on the UFC’s official website, Penn was suspended b read news >>

BJ Penn Reacts to Suspension: ‘At no time in my career in martial arts have I ever doped’

BJ Penn issued a statement following anti-doping suspension, stating, "At no time in my career in martial arts have I ever doped." read news >>

BJ Penn Pulled from UFC 199: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

Caceres to Battle Miller at UFC 199

With BJ Penn out of his UFC 199 bout against Cole Miller, Alex Caceres has stepped in to take on "Magrinho" at The Forum in Inglewood, California on June 4. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Talks with Mayhem Miller: Missing Weight, More Fights, and UFC Exit

Chael Sonnen goes one on one with Mayhem Miller about missing weight by 24 pounds, what his future holds, and the backstage blow-up that led to his UFC exit. read news >>

Alex Caceres Replaces BJ Penn, Faces Cole Miller at UFC 199

Alex Caceres has stepped in to replace former lightweight champion BJ Penn against Cole Miller at UFC 199. read news >>

Renan Barao Video: ‘You’re Going to See a New Renan Barao’ at Featherweight

Former bantamweight champion Renan Barao talks about his UFC Fight Night 88 bout against Jeremy Stephens, and says we're going to see a new Renan Barao. read news >>

Cody Garbrandt Talks Thomas Almeida and Dealing with the Friction Around the Fight (Video)

UFC Fight Night 88 main eventer Cody Garbrandt talks about his headlining bout with Thomas Almeida and his edgy encounter with Almeida's Brazilian fans. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 88 Video: Cody Garbrandt – Main Event Ready

• a day ago

UFC Fight Night Las Vegas main event bantamweight Cody Garbrandt talks about his anticipated match-up against fellow up-and-coming prospect Thomas Almeida. read news >>