Former UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn lost his belt to challenger Frankie Edgar last weekend at “UFC 112: Invincible” in Abu Dhabi via controversial unanimous decision. “The Prodigy” took a moment away from discussing that bout, and the apparent rematch that is rumored to follow it, to talk to Washington D.C. radio station 106.7 The Fan about fellow UFC 112 main-eventer and pound for pound great Anderson Silva’s highly debated controversial performance against Demian Maia.

“Honestly for me, I didn’t get to see the fight because it was right after me and Frankie fought,” said Penn. “From what I understand though, I heard Anderson really wanted to fight Vitor Belfort. But then on the other hand, I know he’s got a job to do and he’s gotta go out and destroy his opponent. Then on Dana’s side I can see him being upset because he’s trying to move into this new market and everyone is booing his main event and this and that. I’m just glad I’m not involved with that and I’m just glad I got to sit on the side and watch. I really got nothing to say about Anderson. He’s defended the title six times and I’ve yet to do an accomplishment like that and I really have no grounds to speak on that.”

Penn has been vocal in his admiration of Silva and has said that he feels that “The Spider” is one of the very best fighters in the world. The fact that the two pound for pound greats were sharing a spot on the same card lead many to believe that UFC 112 would be one of the best fight cards that the promotion had ever brought to fans. Unfortunately, UFC 112 will forever be marred by Silva’s manic performance and Penn’s controversial defeat; a defeat that “The Prodigy” feels drops his status as one of the pound for pound best.

“After my defeat decision the past couple of days ago, I’m not on that list anymore,” said Penn “It’s gotta be Fedor [Emelianenko]. He finishes his guy and how can I argue against him?”

It seems very likely that Penn will soon have a chance to rematch Edgar and to place himself back in the pound for pound debate; a fact that likely leaves contenders Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard crestfallen.

BJ Penn Video: Retirement, Return, Missed Opportunities… and Star Wars

UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn talks about retirement, coming back, missed opportunities, and how Star Wars played a role in his comeback. read news >>

BJ Penn V Dennis Siver Announced for UFC 199: Latest Comments, Details, Reaction

UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn will reportedly make his long-awaited return to the Octagon at UFC 199 on June 4, where he'll face featherweight Dennis Siver. That's according to MMAjunkie, while Kevin I read news >>

UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn Returns to Fight Dennis Siver at UFC 199

UFC Hall of Famer and two-division former champion BJ Penn will officially end his retirement when he returns to the Octagon to fight Dennis Siver at UFC 199. read news >>

BJ Penn Should Prove He's Hungry Before Taking UFC's Latest Handout

As a concept, motivated BJ Penn is becoming MMA's Flying Dutchman. We're all sure it exists or did once. But actual sightings now are just bird calls on the breeze. In January, Penn unveiled his late read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Confirms UFC Talks over Potential Return

UFC legend Georges St-Pierre has revealed he is in talks with the UFC about a potential comeback. The former welterweight champion hasn’t been in action inside the Octagon since his split-decision wi read news >>

UFC Issues Statement on BJ Penn Sexual Assault Allegations

The UFC on Wednesday issued a statement on its investigation into the sexual assault allegations leveled at UFC Hall of Fame fighter BJ Penn. read news >>

UFC Statement on BJ Penn

UFC announced today that former UFC champion BJ Penn will return to competition on June 4 at UFC 199 against Dennis Siver in a featherweight bout. read news >>

Michael Chiesa eyeing title run with 'crisis of confidence' behind him (Yahoo Sports)

Michael Chiesa talks about his beard, how it's a "dream come true" fighting at the KeyArena, the challenge of Jorge Masvidal, Masvidal's criticism, and much more. " align="left" border="0">The Ultima read news >>

UFC on FOX 19's Rashad Evans talks title aspirations, and some advice for Saint Preux

TAMPA, Fla. – After battling ring rust in a previous bout, ex-champ Rashad Evans feels more like himself coming into a fight with Glover Teixeira in the headliner of UFC on FOX 19. Filed under: Featu read news >>