marlon-moraes-2.jpgATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – With his second straight victory over a notable opponent, Marlon Moraes’ stock has never been higher. But don’t expect the bantamweight prospect to leave the upstart World Series of Fighting promotion anytime soon.

“Right now I would not consider any (other contract) offers,” Moraes told ( after a head-kick knockout of Tyson Nam at Saturday’s WSOF 2 event. “I am contracted with World Series of Fighting for at least one more fight. And I’m thinking of renewing my contract. I’m very happy with them. I hope they renew my contract.”

Moraes (10-4-1) also upset former WEC champion Miguel Torres before his win over Nam (12-5), which came on Saturday’s NBC Sports Network-televised WSOF 2 main card at Revel Atlantic City in New Jersey.

The split-decision victory over Torres put Moraes on the map in November. But the win over Nam, who had upset Bellator champ Eduardo Dantas at Shooto Brazil 33 this past year, proves it was no fluke. He’s won four straight fights, the past two on national TV, and he’s arguably the best bantamweight under the WSOF banner.

So why not parlay that exposure into a deal with an organization such as the UFC or Bellator, which features many of the world’s top 135-pounders?

“I am very happy with World Series of Fighting,” he said. “I hope to keep fighting for them. It doesn’t bother me to be with them. For me, this is a dream come true, to be fighting on cards featuring Danillo Villefort, Paulo Filho, Gesias Cavalcante, guys whom I used to sit at home and watch as a child. I am very happy to be here. I want to remain here.”

Moraes, who believes WSOF officials would allow him to fight in outside organizations if it were good “for me and the [WSOF],” said he had done his homework on Nam. The Brazilian, who said he found his way to the U.S. with the help of veteran MMA manager Alex Davis, considers Dantas a friend, so when Nam fought him back in August, Moraes did his scouting work.

That carried over into their own bout. So by the time this weekend’s event rolled around, Moraes had nearly a year’s worth of homework completed.

“At first I watched Tyson’s fights just out of curiosity, to know who was about to face Dantas,” he said. “After Tyson Nam managed to knock out Dantas, I got to study him a bit more. After I defeated Miguel Torres, I received the news I would be facing Nam.

“I was very happy for the opportunity. Ever since I was offered that bout, I was convinced I could defeat him.”

For more on WSOF 2, stay tuned to the MMA Events section of the site.

Featherweights Bekbulat Magomedov and Alexandre Bezerra sign with WSOF

WSOF has added depth to its featherweight roster by signing talented 145-pound fighters Bekbulat Magomedov and Alexandre Bezerra.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Mike Ricci Hopes to Resuscitate a Bad Year in WSOF 8-Man Tourney

UFC veteran Mike Ricci looks to resuscitate a rough 2015 when he steps into the WSOF eight-man, one-night lightweight tournament on Friday. read news >>

After second consecutive withdrawal, Brian Cobb released from WSOF

After withdrawing from tomorrow’s WSOF eight-man, single-night lightweight tournament, Brian Cobb has been released from his contract with the Las Vegas-based promotion.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

LaRue Burley Hopes to Emerge from Reserve Bout and Enter WSOF 8-Man Tourney

A reserve fighter in the WSOF eight-man lightweight tournament, LaRue Burley hopes to emerge healthy and get a shot at the tourney title. read news >>

WSOF's Jake Shields upset NSAC ignored Rousimar Palhares' eye-gouges

After his controversial WSOF 22 loss to Rousimar Palhares, Jake Shields’ biggest concern was not that Palhares held on to his fight-winning kimura for too long, but rather that he felt he was repeate read news >>

Cosmo Alexandre signs exclusive deal with WSOF

Kickboxing star and Bellator veteran Cosmo Alexandre has signed an exclusive multi-fight deal with WSOF, officials recently announced.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

UFC Champ Daniel Cormier Scraps Old Contract for New 8-Fight Deal

With little muss or fuss, light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier has scrapped his old UFC contract for a new eight-fight deal that makes him very happy. read news >>

Daniel Cormier, UFC Agree to New Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier (17-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) signed an eight-fight contract with the organization Monday. According to Steven Marrocco of MMAjunkie, Cormier met with the UFC and read news >>

Featherweight champ Patricio 'Pitbull': Bellator needs more fighters to challenge for my belt

Patricio Freire wants Bellator to sign some fresh blood to the featherweight division that can present an immediate threat to his title reign.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

WSOF sets rules for eight-man tourney at WSOF 25

The winner of an upcoming eight-man lightweight tournament could fight as many as 7 five-minute rounds, according to rules set by the WSOF in advance of the competition, which takes place at WSOF 25 read news >>