marlon-moraes-2.jpgATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – With his second straight victory over a notable opponent, Marlon Moraes’ stock has never been higher. But don’t expect the bantamweight prospect to leave the upstart World Series of Fighting promotion anytime soon.

“Right now I would not consider any (other contract) offers,” Moraes told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) after a head-kick knockout of Tyson Nam at Saturday’s WSOF 2 event. “I am contracted with World Series of Fighting for at least one more fight. And I’m thinking of renewing my contract. I’m very happy with them. I hope they renew my contract.”

Moraes (10-4-1) also upset former WEC champion Miguel Torres before his win over Nam (12-5), which came on Saturday’s NBC Sports Network-televised WSOF 2 main card at Revel Atlantic City in New Jersey.

The split-decision victory over Torres put Moraes on the map in November. But the win over Nam, who had upset Bellator champ Eduardo Dantas at Shooto Brazil 33 this past year, proves it was no fluke. He’s won four straight fights, the past two on national TV, and he’s arguably the best bantamweight under the WSOF banner.

So why not parlay that exposure into a deal with an organization such as the UFC or Bellator, which features many of the world’s top 135-pounders?

“I am very happy with World Series of Fighting,” he said. “I hope to keep fighting for them. It doesn’t bother me to be with them. For me, this is a dream come true, to be fighting on cards featuring Danillo Villefort, Paulo Filho, Gesias Cavalcante, guys whom I used to sit at home and watch as a child. I am very happy to be here. I want to remain here.”

Moraes, who believes WSOF officials would allow him to fight in outside organizations if it were good “for me and the [WSOF],” said he had done his homework on Nam. The Brazilian, who said he found his way to the U.S. with the help of veteran MMA manager Alex Davis, considers Dantas a friend, so when Nam fought him back in August, Moraes did his scouting work.

That carried over into their own bout. So by the time this weekend’s event rolled around, Moraes had nearly a year’s worth of homework completed.

“At first I watched Tyson’s fights just out of curiosity, to know who was about to face Dantas,” he said. “After Tyson Nam managed to knock out Dantas, I got to study him a bit more. After I defeated Miguel Torres, I received the news I would be facing Nam.

“I was very happy for the opportunity. Ever since I was offered that bout, I was convinced I could defeat him.”

For more on WSOF 2, stay tuned to the MMA Events section of the site.

Coach Pederneiras confirms Jose Aldo wants out of UFC, hopes to figure out contract termination in Portland

• 10 hours ago

Former UFC featherweight champion and current interim titleholder Jose Aldo said on Tuesday that he wanted out of the UFC – and possibly MMA altogether – following UFC 205’s main event booking.Filed read news >>

WSOF 33 Main Card Complete with Six Fights Set

World Series of Fighting announced the completion of a six-fight main card for the WSOF33: Gaethje vs. Dugulubgov world championship doubleheader on Oct. 7. read news >>

Improved Elliott hopes Ultimate Fighter gives him 2nd UFC chance

Former UFC fighter Tim Elliott has made many changes to his life, personally and professionally, since his last Octagon visit. Now, he hopes a chance in The Ultimate Fighter leads to a UFC return and read news >>

Dan Henderson: ‘Win or Lose This is My Last Fight’ (UFC 204 Video)

Dan Henderson hopes to add the UFC middleweight championship to his collection at UFC 204. But win or lose, he intends to walk off into the sunset. read news >>

Jon Fitch vs. Jake Shields Headlines WSOF 34 | MMAWeekly.com

WSOF officially announced on Tuesday the highly anticipated welterweight title fight between reigning champion Jon Fitch and No. 1 contender Jake Shields. read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

Al Iaquinta Contract Dispute Nixes UFC New York Bout | MMAWeekly.com

Al Iaquinta had verbally agreed to fight at UFC New York, a fight he has wanted badly. Following a contract dispute, however, he is off the card. read news >>

Jose Aldo Requests Release from UFC Contract: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction

• a day ago

Upset about not being given a rematch against Conor McGregor at UFC 205, Jose Aldo has requested a release from his contract. Aldo made his comments to the Brazilian website Combate (translation via  read news >>

Interim champ Jose Aldo wants UFC contract terminated after Alvarez vs. McGregor booking

• a day ago

Former featherweight champ and now interim titleholder [autotag]Jose Aldo[/autotag] says he no longer wants to fight for the UFC. Following UFC 205’s main-event booking, a lightweight title affair be read news >>

Bellator inks Cheick Kongo, Ilima Macfarlane to multi-fight contract extensions

• 20 hours ago

Bellator has signed two of its notable fighters to contract extensions. Heavyweight Cheick Kongo and women’s flyweight Ilima Macfarlane have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the organi read news >>