Picture
Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

UFC lightweight Ben Henderson targeting November return in South Korea

With one fight left on his current UFC contract, former UFC lightweight champion Ben Henderson has his eyes on a November return to the Octagon in South Korea. Ben Henderson has always been one of th read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Now Eyeing December Return, Still Wants Anthony Pettis

Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn't want to rush things. After all, that's why he's on the shelf now. Following his second ACL repair in as many years, the UFC's No. 3-ranked lightweight is now aiming for a read news >>

Anthony Pettis willing to welcome Conor McGregor to lightweight division

If Conor McGregor does move to lightweight, Anthony Pettis would like to be the one to welcome him there. In a recent segment of "Ask the Analyst" on Fox, former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis w read news >>

Anthony Pettis will gladly welcome Conor McGregor to 'hard' UFC lightweight division

Conor McGregor hasn't quite cleaned out the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight division, but there are rumblings that "Notorious" is eying a move up to lightweight down the road. And read news >>

Anthony Pettis gets personal with Nate Diaz, wants to 'whoop his ass'

Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis wants to silence Nate Diaz. The bad blood between UFC lightweight contenders Anthony Pettis and Nate Diaz runs deep. Diaz fired the first shots after th read news >>

Anthony Pettis: Nate Diaz is irrelevant, but I'll whoop his ass anyway

For someone who is just 1-3 over their last four and barely makes the top 15 at 155 pounds, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight Nate Diaz sure has a lot to say about what's happening at read news >>

Morning Report: Anthony Pettis wants to 'whoop' 'irrelevant' Nate Diaz

Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis was due to fight Myles Jury this weekend in Chicago at UFC on FOX 16, but another injury has made a rough 2015 campaign even worse. In May Pettis suffer read news >>

Ben Henderson set to compete at ADCC 2015 in Brazil

Former UFC lightweight champion Ben Henderson will compete at the upcoming Abu Dhabi Combat Club tournament in Brazil. Coming off a fourth-round submission win over Brandon Thatch in a 170-pound bout read news >>

Anthony Pettis cleared to resume training following elbow surgery

Don't call it a comeback, he's been injured here for years. Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion Anthony Pettis (18-3) will be strapping on the gloves for the first time s read news >>

Anthony Pettis Talks Lightweight Title Chase and Wanting to Fight Nate Diaz

LAS VEGAS — Anthony Pettis wants nothing more than to reclaim the lightweight title that was taken from him back in March, but settling his grudge with Nate Diaz is also very high on Showtime's agend read news >>