Picture
Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

UFC 190: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira doesn’t like fighting on same card as big brother

Anthony Pettis feels your pain, "Lil' Nog." The last time Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira competed at the same event, the talented twin brothers experienced both joy and sorrow. read news >>

How UFC lightweight Anthony Pettis used MMA to escape the violent streets of Milwaukee

"Showtime" was a guest on the SiriusXM UFC 188 pre-fight show last Saturday (June 13, 2015) and he spoke about staying away from gangs and trouble in his hometown, losing friends, and being glad he c read news >>

Video: Nate Diaz calls out 'bitches' Anthony Pettis and Eddie Alvarez

Nate Diaz was in Mexico City, Mexico supporting his friend and teammate, Gilbert Melendez, for his lightweight bout against Eddie Alvarez, which co-headlined last night's (Sat., June 13, 2015) UFC 18 read news >>

UFC 188 Embedded Ep. 6: Event Week Roller Coaster Ride

On episode 6 of UFC 188 Embedded, guest fighters Andrei Arlvoski, Anthony Pettis, Junior Dos Santos and Rafael Dos Anjos talk about their time in the Mexico and the main event on tap. read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan: Episode No. 11 from Mexico City

Episode No. 11 of The MMA Road Show with John Morgan podcast, featuring Anthony Pettis, Luke Rockhold, Rodrigo Del Campo, Brett Okamoto and Justin Park, is now available for streaming and download.Fi read news >>

Anthony Pettis: ‘As a man, I need that rematch’ with Rafael dos Anjos

MEXICO CITY – Anthony Pettis anticipates he’ll be back in the gym within three to four months and ready to fight in five to six. When he returns, he wants to fight Rafael dos Anjos, whether it’s for read news >>

Anthony Pettis says recent string of injuries forces him to deal with loss of father

MEXICO CITY -- Anthony Pettis talks about his recent title loss, why the elbow injury he suffered afterwards was the worst of his career, his take on Melendez vs. Alvarez at UFC 188, and more. read news >>

Myles Jury Injured, Edson Barboza Draws New UFC on FOX 16 Opponent

The UFC on FOX 16 bout between former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis and Myles Jury is officially no more. read news >>