Picture
Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

From Around the Web

How to watch Anthony Pettis vs Rafael Dos Anjos UFC 186 'Prelims' fights live online

Before the "Johnson vs. Horiguchi" mixed martial arts (MMA) pay-per-view (PPV) fight card gets underway later this evening (Sat., April 25, 2015) at 10 p.m. ET, live from the Bell Centre in Montreal, read news >>

Ben Henderson vs. Michael Johnson targeted for TUF 21 Finale main event in Miami

UFC officials are planning a Ben Henderson vs. Michael Johnson main event for July 12th in Miami, Florida. It looks like Ben Henderson's next fight will be at lightweight, and it is lined up to be an read news >>

Ben Henderson vs. Michael Johnson possible for TUF 21 Finale on July 12

Well, it's not welterweight, nor is it UFC 186, but Ben Henderson is still in line for a pretty good scrap. "Smooth" is currently in negotiations to battle surging lightweight contender Michael Johns read news >>

Former champion Anthony Pettis back in action against Myles Jury in UFC on FOX 16 co-main event

Anthony Pettis isn't wasting much time getting back in the Octagon after losing his belt. The former UFC lightweight champion will return quickly to action against Myles Jury in the co-main event of read news >>

UFC Lightweight Division: Evaluating the Current Landscape

The UFC lightweight division is one of the most talent-packed divisions in MMA. The names of Anthony Pettis, Donald Cerrone, Rafael Dos Anjos, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Gilbert Melendez and Benson Henders read news >>

UFC Fight Night 72: Tony Ferguson to expedite Josh Thomson's retirement plans in San Diego

After losing to Ben Henderson via razor-thin split decision at UFC on FOX 10, Josh Thomson contemplated retiring from mixed martial arts (MMA). But with the chance of fighting in his home town of San read news >>

Tweet of the Day: Matt Brown? Nate Diaz says he's fighting Anthony Pettis

Despite the announcement that he's facing Matt Brown, Nate Diaz tweets that he's fighting Anthony Pettis. The UFC recently announced that Nate Diaz will be returning to welterweight against Matt Brow read news >>

Nate Diaz says he's fighting Anthony Pettis, claims UFC booked Matt Brown fight without asking

Gun jumping alert! Longtime lightweight standout Nate Diaz is expected to fight Matt Brown in a welterweight scrap at the upcoming UFC 189 pay-per-view (PPV) event, recently announced for July 11, 20 read news >>

Jorge Masvidal, female fighters take up Ben Henderson on his UFC 186 offer

Three fighters, including two in the women's bantamweight division, are "ready" to fight Ben Henderson at UFC 186. Earlier today, the cursed UFC 186 card in Montreal got even worse when Quinton Jacks read news >>