Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

UFC on FOX 17: Anthony Pettis 'hates' Rafael dos Anjos, offers to train with Cowboy Cerrone for title fight

Rivals-turned training partners? Anthony Pettis lost his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Lightweight title to Rafael dos Anjos earlier this year in what proved to be a one-sided beatdown at UFC read news >>

Anthony Pettis 'hates' Dos Anjos, wants to help Cerrone train to beat him

Donald Cerrone says Anthony Pettis wants to help him train for Rafael Dos Anjos because he hates the guy. Anthony Pettis lost his UFC title in a really tough bout against Rafael Dos Anjos last March. read news >>

Anthony Pettis still open to featherweight fights against Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor

Plans to drop to featherweight were dashed a few years back after former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis suffered a knee injury, one that cancelled his much-anticipated "super fight" against read news >>

Anthony Pettis Open to Conor McGregor Fight, Targets Rafael dos Anjos Rematch

UFC star Anthony Pettis has revealed he would be open to a bout with Conor McGregor at featherweight or lightweight, and he has also expressed his desire to win back his title from Rafael dos Anjos. read news >>

If McGregor doesn't make good on his promise to conquer 155, Anthony Pettis would drop to 145 to fight him.

The former lightweight champion feels, Conor McGregor's promise to conquer the 155-pound division is "crazy". Just a few months ago, Anthony "Showtime" Pettis was deemed to be untouchable, one of the read news >>

UFC Boston: Eddie Alvarez 'baffled' by MMA fans picking Anthony Pettis to win

Anthony Pettis is expected to make his long-awaited return to the Octagon against Eddie Alvarez at UFC Fight Night 81 on Jan. 17, 2015 in Boston, Mass., after coughing up his Ultimate Fighting Champi read news >>

UFC Quick Quote: Ben Henderson calls Thiago Alves' striking 'predictable'

"Smooth" hopes he can achieve the same results that Carlos Condit enjoyed against Thiago Alves when they collide in Seoul, South Korea, on Nov. 28, 2015. "I expect a very hard fight. We both have our read news >>

Ben Henderson on 'predictable' style of Alves: 'He always throws the same combination'

Ben Henderson respects Thiago Alves' Muay Thai skills, but thinks the Brazilian could be predictable with his counters and his combinations. Already thinking about how his fight against Thiago Alves read news >>

Report: Eddie Alvarez vs Anthony Pettis on tap for UFC Fight Night 81 in Boston

Who's up for an elite clash of UFC lightweights? Many men have been gunning for former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight titleholder Anthony Pettis, but none have had their wish grante read news >>

Eddie Alvarez confirms he's fighting Anthony Pettis in January

Two of the best lightweights on the planet will face off next year. Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis will meet former Bellator champ Eddie Alvarez at UFC Fight Night: Dillashaw vs. Cruz read news >>