Picture
Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

In order to be champ again, Anthony Pettis not even thinking about title shot

With a fight against Eddie Alvarez rapidly approaching, Anthony Pettis said he’s put Rafael dos Anjos and the title out of his head.Filed under: News read news >>

Anthony Pettis vs. Eddie Alvarez: A Head-to-Toe Breakdown

No. 1-ranked lightweight contender Anthony Pettis (18-3) will make his return for the first time since losing the UFC lightweight title, and No. 4-ranked Eddie Alvarez (26-4) will be awaiting him on read news >>

Video: Watch Anthony Pettis submit Benson Henderson to capture UFC lightweight title

Watch Anthony Pettis capture the UFC lightweight championship with an armbar submission of Benson Henderson at UFC 164.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Boston Free Fight: Anthony Pettis Takes Benson Henderson’s Arm… and His Belt

Anthony Pettis claimed his first UFC belt when he defeated Benson Henderson at UFC 164. read news >>

Wiser Pettis ready to begin climb after title loss

Anthony Pettis is a changed man after losing his championship. Now comes the task of getting back on top beginning at Fight Night Boston against Eddie Alvarez. read news >>

Video: 'UFC Fight Night 81 Embedded' Anthony Pettis vs. Eddie Alvarez segment

Ahead of Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 81 event, officials have released a special edition of “Embedded.” Check out the segment devoted to the co-headliner.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Anthony Pettis and Eddie Alvarez Battle to Regain Lost Luster at Fight Night 81

Anthony Pettis and Eddie Alvarez have both known better days. While they aren’t quite down to desperation mode just yet, if either Pettis or Alvarez means to prove he belongs among the lightweight el read news >>

Big things await Anthony Pettis if he can get by Eddie Alvarez (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Ten months after a brutal loss to Rafael dos Anjos, Anthony Pettis is finally getting back in the ring. read news >>

Big things await Anthony Pettis if he can get by Eddie Alvarez (Yahoo Sports)

Anthony Pettis' goal? Dominate Eddie Alvarez, 'make my case for title shot'

BOSTON – Anthony Pettis got a taste of life as a UFC champion, and now he wants more.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>