Picture
Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

From Around the Web

UFC 185 fight card: Anthony Pettis vs. Rafael dos Anjos

MMA Fighting has the UFC 185 fight card for next Saturday's Pettis vs. Dos Anjos event at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.In the main event, Anthony Pettis defends his UFC lightweight t read news >>

UFC Quick Quote: Anthony Pettis is the Floyd Mayweather of MMA

"This is going to be a fight that’s won on the feet. I got to tell you, Anthony, when he ran off that five-fight streak in the WEC and had some amazing performances -- a Pettis that’s fighting this o read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos Tore MCL 4 Weeks Before UFC 185 Title Win over Anthony Pettis

Rafael dos Anjos shocked the MMA universe by dominating now-former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis at UFC 185. Not just beat, mind you. Dominated. While winning a UFC title without breaking a swe read news >>

The MMA Hour - 273 - Rafael dos Anjos

New UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos will discuss his win over Anthony Pettis at UFC 185. read news >>

Women's MMA Report: Reneau shocks Andrade, four advance in Deep Jewels GP

From a big upset to the latest UFC bookings to KSW and Deep Jewels results, Robert Sargent discusses it all in our latest Women’s MMA Report.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

10 reasons to watch the invasions at UFC 184, Bellator 134 and Invicta 11

This weekend’s MMA action brings something a little different to the table for fans: themed entertainment. Here’s why you should tune in for UFC 184, Bellator 134 and Invicta FC 11.Filed under: Bella read news >>

Size doesn't matter when it comes to being teammates! Plus UFC fight week, food & GSP!

Welcome to another week of MMA on Instagram! MMA stalker Katie Winter has collected the best pics that UFC and other MMA fighters and personalities were sharing this week, and they're all here for yo read news >>

UFC 184 Results: Rousey vs. Zingano

MMA Fighting has UFC 184 results for the Rousey vs. Zingano fight card Feb. 28, plus live coverage from Los Angeles, live blogs of all the fights, and live UFC 184 twitter updates.In the main event, read news >>

UFC 184 preview show

LOS ANGELES -- MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani and Marc Raimondi, along with UFC bantamweight Sarah Kaufman, take a closer look at the top storylines heading into Saturday night's UFC 184, including UFC read news >>