Picture
Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

Bellator 165: Title Foes Ben Henderson, Michael Chandler Hear Different Callings

As fight week ended and Benson Henderson made his final preparations for his Bellator 165 lightweight title bout with Michael Chandler, he quietly celebrated his 33rd birthday. If it’s not an obvious read news >>

Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis Expected as New UFC 206 Championship Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

With Daniel Cormier forced out of UFC 206, it appears that Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis will be elevated to main event and championship status. read news >>

UFC 206 gets new headliner: Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis for interim title, Conor McGregor stripped of featherweight

UFC 206 will have a headlining title fight, after all.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Live stream: Listen to today's UFC 206 media call with Max Holloway and Anthony Pettis at 6 p.m. ET

You can listen to a live stream of today’s UFC 206 media call with headliners Max Holloway and Anthony Pettis here on MMAjunkie beginning at 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT).Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Max Holloway and Anthony Pettis Address Conor McGregor, Interim Title (UFC 206 Media Call Replay) | MMAWeekly.com

Listen in as UFC 206 headliners Max Holloway and Anthony Pettis field questions about their fight, the potential to fight Jose Aldo, and Conor McGregor. read news >>

Watch Anthony Pettis' Thunderous Head-Kick KO (UFC 206 Free Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Anthony Pettis' thunderous head-kick knockout of Joe Lauzon in his third bout in the Octagon back at UFC 144 in 2012. read news >>