Picture
Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

Anthony Pettis injured, Edson Barboza fills in to face Myles Jury at UFC on FOX 16

Anthony Pettis is going to have to wait a bit longer to attempt to get back on track. The former UFC lightweight champion is injured and out of a co-main event fight with Myles Jury at UFC on FOX 16 read news >>

Twitter reacts to Anthony Pettis' injury, and you know Nurmagomedov and Diaz chimed in

In what has become a routine occurrence of late, the MMA world was again hit with disappointment late Tuesday when news broke former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis was forced out of UFC on F read news >>

Anthony Pettis Injured Once Again, Edson Barboza Replaces Him Against Myles Jury

Once again, Anthony Pettis has fallen injured and will not be able to answer the bell for an upcoming fight. This time, Myles Jury is the opponent left without a dance partner, and the diminished eve read news >>

Anthony Pettis out, Edson Barboza in vs. Myles Jury at UFC on Fox 16

Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis has been forced out of his UFC on Fox 16 bout with Myles Jury. He has been replaced by Brazilian striker Edson Barboza. Things have gone from bad to wor read news >>

Anthony Pettis injured, Edson Barboza steps in vs. Myles Jury at UFC on FOX 16

Anthony Pettis has been struck by injury once again and has been forced out of his scheduled bout with Myles Jury at UFC on FOX 16 on July 25. Striking special Edson Barboza has been tapped as his re read news >>

Anthony Pettis wants injured Khabib Nurmagomedov to 'quiet down, humble himself, and get better'

Will karma be enough to silence the scrappy Dagestani? Khabib Nurmagomedov's long-awaited return to the Octagon hit a road block after re-injuring his knee while training for his scheduled fight agai read news >>

Morning Report: Anthony Pettis tells Khabib Nurmagomedov to 'humble himself' after getting 'a little taste of his own me

Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis took a little heat last week when he appeared to take delight in the news that undefeated contender Khabib Nurmagomedov had suffered an injury setback t read news >>

Pettis on Khabib Nurmagomedov’s injury: He got a little taste of his own medicine

Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis explains his recent comments towards the injured Khabib Nurmagomedov. Khabib Nurmagomedov's recent knee injury is the latest in an alarming trend that h read news >>

Tweet of the day: Anthony Pettis tells injured Khabib Nurmagomedov 'karma is a b*tch'

Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis has been the recipient of plenty of trash talk from Khabib Nurmagomedov. With Khabib out of his fight with Donald Cerrone due to injury, Pettis went to read news >>