Picture
Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) who is next in line to go against UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) probably know UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) better than anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as he fought him at WEC 53 in an exciting five-round bout on December 16, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. This match-up made its mark in most MMA fans’ hearts and still everybody talks about it. Pettis, as you probably remember, took the title away from the former WEC champ and landed his signature “Showtime kick” which almost ended the fight and additionally the fight got “Fight of the Night” and “Fight of the Year (2010)” award.

After watching “Smooth”s split decision win over Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the recent UFC on Fox 7, “Showtime” wasn't that impressed.

"I'm moving down for Jose Aldo, really... There's nobody in 145 that intrigues me." Pettis said.

About the split decision win he said: "That's hard to call...I just wasn't that impressed…It was another close decision. I think Henderson's last finish was “Cowboy” (Donald Cerrone) in the WEC. For me, (Benson Henderson) a great fighter, but I feel like I've got what it takes to beat this guy."

Still Pettis recognizes Melendez skills: “Then you've got to take into account that Gilbert is one of the best lightweights in the world. It's hard for me to watch that and say, it was a close fight, because they're both good. I come in to finish my fights, and I've proven it in my last two fights, and I can't wait to do it again."

I know guys that you want a rematch, who wouldn’t?

List of ADCC 2015 competitors complete, including Ben Henderson, Hector Lombard

One of the most prestigious grappling tournaments will take place Saturday and Sunday in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and the list of Abu Dhabi Combat Club 2015 competitors is finally complete. ADCC officials read news >>

Ben Henderson vs. Thiago Alves, several other bouts set for UFC: Korea

Five bouts have been added to the UFC: Korea card, including the headliner in Ben Henderson vs. Thiago Alves. The UFC is heading to South Korea for the first time on November 28. It will be held at t read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov wants Anthony Pettis fight next, will settle for chance to 'smash' Nate Diaz

After 16 months on the sidelines with injuries, top-ranked Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov is gearing up for his much-anticipated return to the Octagon. However, read news >>

Ben Henderson vs. Thiago Alves targeted for UFC main event in South Korea

A welterweight fight between Ben Henderson and Thiago Alves is being targeted for a UFC Fight Night main event in South Korea on November 28th. Ben Henderson has been seeking a headlining spot on the read news >>

Ben Henderson vs Thiago Alves targeted for main event of UFC's debut in South Korea

That works for me! Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is gearing up to stage its first-ever mixed martial arts (MMA) event in Seoul, South Korea, which is scheduled to go down on Nov. 28, 2015, ins read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Eyeing Bout with Anthony Pettis, Wants to 'Smash' Nate Diaz

To say Khabib Nurmagomedov is eager to return to his hunt for the UFC lightweight title is an understatement of drastic proportions. The Eagle is flat-out fired up to get back into the Octagon, and h read news >>

UFC on FOX 17: Anthony Pettis ready to step in if Donald Cerrone or Rafael dos Anjos get injured

After he was forced out of his UFC on FOX 16 showdown against Myles Jury due to an elbow injury, Anthony Pettis is gearing up for his return to the Octagon. The former Ultimate Fighting Championship read news >>

Anthony Pettis Aiming for 2015 Return, Possibly as dos Anjos vs. Cerrone Back-up Plan

Plotting his return from injury, former UFC champ Anthony Pettis is aiming to be a possible back-up plan for Rafael dos Anjos vs. Donald Cerrone. read news >>

Former champ Anthony Pettis hopeful for December return – on dos Anjos-Cerrone FOX card

Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis says he is nearing full recovery from an elbow injury and wants to return to work before the year is out.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov desribes pleasant encounter with Anthony Pettis

Khabib Nurmagomedov describes his surprising encounter with former lightweight champion, Anthony Pettis Khabib Nurmagomedov and Anthony Pettis have traded blows on social media for months, but when t read news >>