UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis is the newest member of the Reebok family. Pettis confirmed the deal to MMAFighting.com on Monday. The young titleholder will now join fellow mixed martial artists Johny Hendricks and Rampage Jackson as fighters to secure sponsorships with the blue-chip sneaker and apparel company.

"It's cool that they chose me," Pettis said. "I'm sure they had a lot of guys they could've chose from and they wanted to choose me. For me, it's an amazing opportunity.

"I definitely worked hard to be where I'm at right now and it's cool to see it all unfold, see the brands that are recognizing mixed martial arts like that."

News of the deal comes less than a week after Pettis announced another sponsorship with the General Mills cereal brand Wheaties, which has historically featured popular athletes on its boxes. Pettis will be the first mixed martial artist to be highlighted by the company.

"The new guy who's running Wheaties, a younger guy, he's a fan of martial arts," Pettis said. "There's a couple different sports that are a part of this and they're trying to somehow get the fans involved in voting for who they want to see on a Wheaties box, and they chose mixed martial arts as one of the sports. It just shows you how big the sport is getting. I mean, Jordan was on a Wheaties box, Muhammad Ali.

"It's crazy to know that they're going to recognize a fighter, a UFC guy. It's big for the sport, that's what I'm excited about. This sport has grown so much, and for me, it's cool to see how big it's getting."

Pettis (17-2) is currently riding a four-fight win streak capped by his title-winning first-round armbar over Benson Henderson, which captured the Milwaukee native the UFC lightweight championship. He is expected to coach the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter, which will crown a new UFC women's strawweight champion, then defend his title against former Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez in early December.

From Around the Web

Justin Gaethje says he could’ve ‘run right through’ Anthony Pettis at UFC 185

Whatever you do, you have to give the man credit: Justin Gaethje practices what he preaches. Gaethje promised a memorable battle of aggression and delivered exactly that at WSOF 19, retaining his Wor read news >>

Ronda Rousey training partner and 'Four Horsewomen' member Marina Shafir signs with Invicta FC

Maybe she'll get her hands on "Cyborg" before Ronda Rousey can. Marina Shafir (1-1) has inked a contract to fight for Invicta FC, the all-female mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion which streams on UF read news >>

UFC signs CFFC welterweight champion Jonavin Webb, rematch with Lyman Good off

The UFC’s newest welterweight is a New Jersey-based unbeaten champion.Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

Georges St-Pierre 'Thinking About' UFC Return, Contrary to Dana White Comments

Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has confirmed he is "thinking about" a return to the octagon. The French-Canadian fighter's hiatus from competition came after he admitted, "I had t read news >>

UFC 185 drug test results are in ... (gulp)

I've got bad news for all the butthurt Anthony Pettis fans, particularly those hoping new Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos was fighting dirty. Sorry, but the read news >>

UFC Quick Quote: Anthony Pettis 'loves' Nate Diaz fight, but has no timetable for return

"I haven't thought about who I want to fight next. I can't even say when I can fight next. But I would love to fight Nate Diaz. That's a fight I've been waiting for, for a long time. If that's next, read news >>

Ex-UFC champ Anthony Pettis wants RDA rematch next, but Nate Diaz is on the list

The former lightweight champ doesn't care for the flak he's been getting from the younger Diaz and would like to settle it in the cage. read news >>

Brendan Schaub confirms that he'll be dropping to light heavyweight

Veteran UFC heavyweight Brendan Schaub has confirmed that he'll be dropping to 205 pounds for his next fight. After much speculation, it appears that 11-time UFC veteran Brendan Schaub has decided to read news >>

Anthony Pettis 'would love' to fight Nate Diaz next

Anthony Pettis still has some things to sort out before heading back into the Octagon, mainly a broken right orbital bone. But when he does return, he sure wouldn't mind seeing Nate Diaz across from read news >>