Anthony Pettis at WEC 48Anthony Pettis realized a childhood dream securing the UFC ‘ightweight title with a first-round submission victory over Benson Henderson at UFC 164 in Milwaukee on Saturday night, but it could come at a cost after the new champ felt his knee pop in the opening moments of the fight.

“This is actually my other knee,” Pettis said on the UFC post-fight show on Fox Sports 2. “My right knee was my ACL tear, but I went to check a kick early in the first round and it hit me right in the middle of a groove and I felt my knee just pop.

“I felt it go back and forth, so I don’t know what happened yet. Hopefully it’s not something big and just a bruise, but I will wait until I get my MRI done.”

Despite recent injuries that forced the 26-year-old out of a fight with UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo, Pettis was 100-percent fit coming into Saturday night’s fight and is happy to revisit the idea of fighting Aldo. He’s even happy to drop down to featherweight to make it happen.

“I was 100-percent healthy, but I didn’t have a full camp. I only had a six week camp,” Pettis revealed. “I went from training 100 percent, took four weeks off, I was depressed. I didn’t know whether I would ever be champ.”

But now that he is the UFC lightweight champion, Anthony Pettis set his sights on a higher goal.

“I’m here to prove I’m the best in the world. If Aldo wants to fight me, let’s make it happen.”

(Follow @AndrewMMA_ on Twitter)

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Anthony Pettis Moves to Featherweight for Make or Break Fight at UFC on FOX 21

Knowing that UFC on FOX 21 could prove a turning point in his career, Anthony Pettis his pulled out all the stops preparing for his featherweight debut. read news >>

Bellator 160 Results: Benson Henderson Earns Title Shot Against Michael Chandler

Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull took place on Friday at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California and the main event ended in bizarre fashion. read news >>

Bellator 160 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Henderson vs. Pitbull Card

Benson Henderson got his first win with Bellator on Friday night against Patricio "Pitbull" Freire, but it didn't happen the way most would have wanted. During the second round, Pitbull suffered a ri read news >>

UFC on FOX 21 Fight Highlights: Anthony Pettis Chokes Out Charles Oliveira

Check out the UFC on FOX 21 fight highlights from the co-main event bout between Anthony Pettis and Charles Oliveira. read news >>

UFC on FOX 21 Results: Anthony Pettis Wins Featherweight Debut; Aims for Conor McGregor’s Belt

Following an impressive finish in his featherweight debut at UFC on FOX 21, Anthony Pettis wasted no time taking aim at Conor McGregor's belt. read news >>

Anthony Pettis vs. Oliveira Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 21

Former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis met Charles Oliveira in his featherweight debut at UFC on Fox 21 in Vancouver, British Columbia. Following a three-fight losing run, Pettis ditched the ligh read news >>

Anthony Pettis Video Interview: ‘I’m Coming for the Best in the World’

After defeating the No. 6 ranked 145-pounder in the UFC, Anthony Pettis doesn't want easy fights. "I'm coming for the best in the world." read news >>

UFC Fight Night 93 Free Fight: Watch Josh Barnett KO Frank Mir

UFC veteran Josh Barnett accomplished a new feat at UFC 164: a first-round knockout in the UFC. Barnett KO'd Frank Mir in Round 1 at UFC 164. read news >>

Benson Henderson Will Get His Second Bellator Title Shot in November

After failing to win the Bellator welterweight title, former UFC champion Benson Henderson will get his second crack at a Bellator belt in November. read news >>

Stipe Miocic Rejects Alistair Overeem's Claim That He Tapped (UFC 203 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Stipe Miocic briefly addresses Alistair Overeem's claim that he felt that Miocic tapped during their fight at UFC 203. read news >>