Anthony-Johnson-UFN24-108-478x270Anthony “Rumble” Johnson makes his heavyweight debut in the main event of World Series of Fighting 2 against former UFC heavyweight titleholder Andrei Arlovski, and aside from the possibility of a rematch with Arlovski, it will likely be a one-time deal for Johnson competing in the heavyweight division.

Johnson, who has competed as low as welterweight (170 pounds), feels light heavyweight is the division best suited for him.

“Unless my man Ray Sefo and Ali (Abdel-Aziz) asks me to take another fight at heavyweight, this is probably my one and only fight at heavyweight right now.  205 is still where I want to be.  It is still my home, so we’ll see,” said Johnson during a media conference call on Wednesday.

“For me and Andrei Arlovski, win, lose or draw, they might want to see a rematch and I might have to fight heavyweight again, so we’ll just see what happens,” he said.

Johnson has struggled to make weight in lower weight classes in the past and thinks not having to cut weight for this fight is a good thing.

“Each fight I get more and more comfortable with myself and the system of fighting that we have.  Of course, not being able to cut weight is always a good thing, so it makes me happier.  I train harder, and I’m more focused, so fighting heavyweight is sort of good, but when you’re fighting a guy like Andrei Arlovski, you have no choice but to be focused and make sure you do everything right,” said the Georgia native.

Putting on some extra weight hasn’t affected Johnson’s abilities or physical attributes.

“I’m like 235 right now.  I don’t plan on getting heavier than that,” he said.  “Everything is still there, the speed, the power.  It is still there.  I’m still an athlete.  I don’t’ feel like I’m sacrificing anything except height.  I believe Andrei is bigger than me, just a little bit heavier than me, but overall that’s it.”

Arlovski, known for his striking prowess, presents more than just a threat with his hands.  Johnson isn’t concerned with anything Arlovski brings to the table, but he’s aware that he has to be on the lookout for everything.

“I’m never concerned with anything when it comes down to fighting,” said Johnson.  “This is MMA.  I have to be on the lookout for everything.  There’s not one thing I have to look out for; I have to lookout for everything.  I can’t just say, I have to watch his hands.  No.  This is mixed martial arts.  I have to watch out for every single thing this man does.”

For a fighter, the biggest fight of your career is always the one that’s in front of you.  Johnson is on a four-fight win streak and a win over Arlovski would certainly be a nice feather in his cap, but Johnson isn’t feeling any pressure heading into the match-up.

“I don’t feel pressure at all,” he said.  “I don’t’ even get nervous before a fight or anything like that.  I’m just calm and relaxed.  It’s a fight.  This is what we do and what we’re trained for so no point worrying about pressure or what anybody has to say.  I just go out there and do my best.”

World Series of Fighting 2 takes place on Saturday at Ovation Hall at Revel in Atlantic City.  The preliminary bouts will be streaming live on MMAWeekly.com.  The main card will air live on NBC Sports Network in the U.S., but stream live on MMAWeekly.com across the rest of the globe.

Stephen Thompson Plans to 'Muhammad Ali' Tyron Woodley at UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson is prepared for his first UFC title fight and plans to 'Muhammad Ali' champion Tyron Woodley at UFC 205 on Saturday. read news >>

UFC 205's Karolina Kowalkiewicz plans to give champ Jedrzejczyk 'hardest fight of her life'

NEW YORK – No one has been able to figure out the puzzle that is UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk. However, UFC 205 challenger Karolina Kowalkiewicz insists she’s going to be the one to ge read news >>

Georgi Karakhanyan Plans Move to Lightweight Following Featherweight Fight in Israel | MMAWeekly.com

Following his Bellator 164 bout in Israel, Georgi Karakhanyan plans to leave featherweight behind and make the move to lightweight for some pivotal bouts. read news >>

Eduard Folayang Plans to Prove the World Wrong in Shinya Aoki Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Eduard Folayang knows that he is considered a long shot to defeat Shinya Aoki at ONE: Defending Honor, but he plans to prove the doubters wrong. read news >>

Former champ Miesha Tate plans to take some down time after UFC 205

NEW YORK – After a busy year, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is planning to take some time away from the sport following her upcoming UFC 205 bout with Raquel Pennington.Filed u read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping wants next defense at UFC 208, plans to retire when he drops belt

NEW YORK – With a record-tying 27 UFC fights to his name, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has put a time limit on his career – and it’s set around the length of his title reign.Filed under: read news >>

After scrapped UFC 205 bout, Donald Cerrone says Demian Maia 'only fight that makes sense'

NEW YORK – Donald Cerrone is upset, not surprisingly, after his UFC 205 bout with Kelvin Gastelum was scrapped just one day prior to the eventFiled under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Shares Thoughts on UFC's New York Debut, Future Plans for UFC in NY

Despite its prominent place in combat-sports history, New York and its sporting cathedral, Madison Square Garden, have never hosted an MMA event. That changes Saturday with UFC 205, following the leg read news >>

Conor McGregor Makes History, Dominates Eddie Alvarez (UFC 205 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Featherweight champion Conor McGregor entered the Octagon inside New York City's Madison Square Garden on Saturday trying to make history at UFC 205. read news >>

Conor McGregor's True Greatness Is Understanding History Even as He Makes It

Conor McGregor ended 2016 the same way he started it—asking someone to bring him his damn belt. McGregor had just dispatched Eddie Alvarez with shocking ease in the main event of Saturday’s UFC 205. read news >>