After years of struggling to make weight, Anthony Johnson hasn’t just moved up a division -- he’s moved up two.

Now a light heavyweight, the former welterweight recently joined the Sherdog Radio Network to discuss his new division, his relationship with the UFC and more.

Johnson on when he should have moved to 205: “A long time ago actually. Now that I sit back and think about it, it should have happened a long time ago. But things don’t happen until they’re supposed to happen, so I guess right now is the right time for it to happen.”

On his struggles to make weight: “I thought I could do what I did 10 years ago, like in college and stuff like that early in my career, when I could just lose 15 pounds overnight it seemed like. I always heard my grandparents and older people say your body’s going to change, and you can’t do the things you used to do when you get older. Being young, you don’t think about it. You’re like, ‘Ah, whatever. I can do whatever I want to do.’ Now I’m like, ‘Yeah, I should have listened.’ But I don’t regret it. It was just a learning experience and I don’t have time for mistakes anymore.”

On how he’ll perform at 205: “I’m going to be a fighter that’s more focused, somebody who has 10 times less stress on his head and on his body because I don’t have to worry about how much I have to lose, how much cardio I have to do to make the weight. Now I’m just happy. I’m happy now, smiling every day in the gym.”

On what it will take to get back in the UFC: “I’ve just got to keep beating people up and get back in. That’s always how it is with the UFC. You get put out, you’ve got to work your ass off to get right back in. That’s what I plan on doing. As far as having communication with them, my manager talks to the UFC and Dana [White] and them all the time. He has to -- we’ve got Rashad [Evans] and Alistair [Overeem] on the team and a couple of other UFC fighters, but I don’t try to ask for brownie points or anything like that to get back in the UFC or any favors. I know I have to work my way back in, which I don’t mind doing. I’ll do what I have to do.”

On his plans for the light heavyweight division: “I plan on being elite level. If I can do all right with Alistair and Rashad, hell, I think I can do all right with anybody. … I’m happy. I’m not stressed like I used to be. I’m just ready to just do what I’ve got to do, just have fun and get paid.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:01:09).

Don't make a mistake against Anthony Johnson – but then, we knew that already

There isn’t much you can learn in 86 seconds worth of fighting, except, perhaps, the stuff you should have known already. What Johnson’s win over Bader leaves us wondering is when we’ll get a chance read news >>

Anthony Johnson Willing to Wait for Title Shot, Would Fight if Needed at 205 or Heavyweight

UFC light heavyweight contender Anthony Johnson is willing to accept a fight at 205-pounds or at heavyweight before getting another title shot. read news >>

UFC on FOX 18 Results: Anthony Johnson Finishes Ryan Bader, Awaits 205-Pound Title Shot

Anthony Johnson earned a first-round finish of Ryan Bader in the main event at UFC on FOX 18 in Newark, N.J. on Saturday night. read news >>

HOT TWEETS: In Case You Forgot, Anthony Johnson Reminded Everyone He Has Ridiculous Power

Anthony Johnson has the power to make you tweet about said power. read news >>

UFC on FOX 18: Anthony Johnson vs. Ryan Bader video highlights

Anthony Johnson took little time dispatching of Ryan Bader in the UFC on FOX 18 main event. Making his win even more impressive was that he did it on the ground.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC on FOX 18 Video Highlights: Anthony Johnson vs. Ryan Bader

Light heavyweight contenders Anthony Johnson and Ryan Bader headlined the UFC on FOX 18 fight card on Saturday. Watch the video highlights of their 205-pound clash. read news >>

UFC on FOX 18 Fighter Bonuses: Anthony Johnson Picks Up Extra $50K for Quick Finish

Light heavyweight contender Anthony Johnson picked up an extra $50,000 for his first-round finish of Ryan Bader in the UFC on FOX 18 main event on Saturday. read news >>

Worried about Johny Hendricks' weight cut for Friday? Apparently you don't need to

Johny Hendricks returns to work on Saturday for the first time in about 11 months. But if there are concerns about his weight cut, his new nutritionist may have quelled them. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey Return, Sage Northcutt, More

Ronda Rousey will "probably" make a return to the Octagon in November, according to UFC president Dana White, who has also opened up on Sage Northcutt's first professional defeat. Reigning UFC women' read news >>