UFC president Dana White was confident that Anderson Silva would make his return to the Octagon by the end of 2014, but the former champion isn’t that optimistic.

Slowly returning to training after suffering a gruesome injury against Chris Weidman at UFC 168 in December, Silva expects to fight again in 2015.

"These rumors that I’ll fight at UFC 181 or any other event around that date aren’t true," Silva told Combate. "This year is over for me. There’s a chance I’ll fight in the first half of 2015."

Whenever he returns to the cage, "The Spider" does not see himself fighting for the middleweight belt again.

"Anderson’s phase as the champion is over," he said. "Fighting for (the title) is a little far away from me."

Silva, who signed a 10-fight deal with the UFC right before suffering a leg injury against Weidman, expects to retire from the sport before his deal is done.

"I don’t see myself stopping (right now), but I don’t know if I will fulfill my 10-fight contract," he said. "My family has been asking me for years to stop fighting, and they need to understand that this is what I love to do and that I need to have my time. My goal in the sport was to become a reference in this sport, and I’m achieving this."

Dana White: ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira has agreed to retire after UFC 190

RIO DE JANEIRO -- It appears that Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira won’t be entering the Octagon anymore. The former UFC and PRIDE heavyweight champion suffered his third straight loss at UFC 190, losing via read news >>

Anderson Silva confident testing inconsistencies will help clear name

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva believes that testing irregularities will help clear his name. After months of inexplicable delays, Anderson Silva will finally determine whether he wi read news >>

Dana White: Claudia Gadelha to get next title shot vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Claudia Gadelha asked for it and now she's going to get it. After beating Jessica Aguilar via unanimous decision at UFC 190 on Saturday night in Rio de Janeiro, Gadelha used UFC president Dana White' read news >>

Dana White: UFC 190 PPV buys trending bigger than UFC 189

It has been one heck of a summer for Dana White and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Forget Cris Cyborg, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) needs to book Ronda Rousey vs. Conor McGregor next! read news >>

UFC president Dana White claims WWE is 'fake sh*t,' Twitter erupts in anger

Some people get fired for this, but it's all in a day's trolling work for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White, who took to Twitter recently to criticize professional wrestling o read news >>

After winning with torn ACL, Sheymon Moraes confident he can claim WSOF belt

Sheymon Moraes has the confidence he can win the WSOF bantamweight title tonight, and he said he’s got the motivation to assure he doesn’t stray from the goal.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Vide read news >>

Brazilian judge bans kids under 14 from UFC 190 event

Kids won’t be allowed inside the HSBC Arena for the biggest UFC Brazil card of the year. Pedro Henrique Alves, a judge from the Rio de Janeiro children, youth and the elderly court, has decided on Fr read news >>

Dana White: Correia 'absolutely' knew Rousey's father committed suicide

Dana White says Bethe Correia 'absolutely' knew about Ronda Rousey's father committing suicide before she made the suicide insult. Earlier in May, bantamweight title challenger Bethe Correia may have read news >>

Dana White: Bethe Correia 'absolutely' knew Ronda Rousey's father committed suicide before comments

Ronda Rousey is partly fueled at UFC 190 by comments Bethe Correia made about Rousey possibly killing herself if she loses. Rousey's father committed suicide when she was a child. Correia has apologi read news >>

Confident Bethe Correia says she'll expose Ronda Rousey's 'invincible' aura as a 'farce'

Bethe Correia will enter her UFC 190 title fight with bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey as one of the biggest underdogs in mixed martial arts history. But the undefeated Brazilian challenger has no read news >>