Anderson-Silva-Chris-Weidman-UFC-162-weigh-1-478x270Heading into UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman on Saturday, UFC president Dana White said if Anderson Silva lost to Chris Weidman that there would be an immediate rematch.  He said it would be a “no brainer.”

Weidman ended Silva’s record streak of 10 successful UFC middleweight title defenses with two left hands and follow-up punches on the ground early in the second round.

On Monday, White told Los Angeles Times reporter Lance Pugmire that he’s excited for the rematch and is considering making it the UFC 168 headliner on Dec. 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is scheduled to rematch Miesha Tate on the UFC 168 fight card, but White said he’s considering moving that fight to Super Bowl weekend and replacing it with Silva vs. Weidman II. White believes the rematch between Weidman and Silva would be the biggest fight in UFC history.

Weidman offered Silva a rematch during his post-fight interview with commentator Joe Rogan.

“I just have to say all respect to Anderson Silva,” said Weidman. “I’ll give him an immediate rematch if he wants to do it.”

A rematch hinges on whether or not Silva wants it, something he said he did not immediately following his first UFC defeat.

“Chris is the champion now,” said Silva. “I finish my work. I no more fight for the belt. I fight for the belt for a long time. I’m tired.”

During the post-fight press conference, Silva pulled back on his comments, leaving the door cracked for a possible rematch.

“I want to take some time off and maybe three to four months, think about what I want to do. Really, right now, I can’t think about (a rematch),” Silva explained. “I just want to take some time off, go home, and think about everything and be alone.

“There’s a lot of pressure in defending this title. I defended it for a long time, so I need some time to myself.”

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz title fight targeted for UFC 205 in New York City

November’s UFC 205 lineup could soon have its second title fight.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero Announced for UFC 205: Latest Details, Reaction

UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday morning that Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero will face off during the UFC 205 card at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 12. UFC vice president of public relations read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero official for UFC 205 in NYC

After weeks of uncertainty, New York native Chris Weidman finds a place on the first UFC card in New York.The former middleweight champion will be fighting No. 4 ranked middleweight Yoel Romero at th read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero Latest, Perhaps Final, UFC 205 Bout |

The long rumored bout between Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero is now official. It is the latest, and possibly final, confirmed bout for UFC 205. read news >>

Weidman Gets UFC 205 Home Game at MSG

Former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman won't be fighting to regain his 185-pound title on November 12, but competing in his home state on the historic UFC 205 card against Yoel Romero will read news >>

Chris Weidman Carries the Pride of New York into UFC 205 (video) |

Former UFC champion Chris Weidman will enter his fight with Yoel Romero at UFC 205 with the pride of New York on his shoulders. read news >>

Now Anderson Silva is 'very upset' with the UFC: 'I don't get people's due respect'

Add former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva to the list of Brazilian fighters upset with the promotion.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Gegard Mousasi would love to fight Anderson Silva after he's done with Vitor Belfort

Gegard Mousasi wants to go on a legends tour in the UFC read news >>

Anderson Silva Joins Jose Aldo as Fighters Feeling Disrespected by UFC |

Jose Aldo isn't the only fighter that is unhappy with his treatment by UFC officials. You can now add Anderson Silva to that list. read news >>

Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva rumored for UFC 206

A fight that should have gone down years ago is reportedly in the works, as two of the best of all-time, Georges St. Pierre and Anderson Silva, may finally face off.With UFC 206 already shaping up to read news >>