MONTREAL – A loose and light-hearted Anderson Silva spoke briefly to reporters at the Bell Centre on Saturday before the start of UFC 154 and left open the possibility of fights with both welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

The UFC middleweight champion spoke mainly in English, a rarity for him, and joked repeatedly with reporters in a jammed room.

When he arrived and stepped behind a podium, he said, "I'm the new Dana White, Dana Black."

Silva, who has two fights remaining on his contract, said he hoped to work for the UFC for life. He said he was in Montreal to discuss a fight with St-Pierre should St-Pierre defeat Condit for the welterweight title in Saturday's main event.

"I have my plans," Silva said. "For a long time, people talked 'Anderson and Georges St-Pierre. Anderson and Georges St-Pierre.' [Recently], the people have talked, 'Anderson and Jon Jones. Anderson and Jon Jones.' My first goal is the Georges St-Pierre fight, the superfight. Then, maybe Jon Jones. I don't know."

Silva ruled out a fight with Condit should Condit beat St-Pierre. In that case, he said "maybe" top middleweight contender Chris Weidman would be his next opponent. Asked if he'd want to coach a season of 'The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil' with contender Michael Bisping as the opposing coach, Silva told a reporter to "talk to Dana."

He said if he fought St-Pierre, he thought 177 would be an appropriate weight for the fight. The welterweight limit is 170 and the middleweight limit is 185.

Asked to evaluate St-Pierre as an opponent, Silva said, "Georges has good jiu-jitsu, good grappling and good stand-up." He then grinned broadly and said, "But I have more time in the Octagon."

[Related: Georges St-Pierre has 'found the fire again' after tough injury]

He then joked more about White, the UFC president, and the occasional battles the two have had.

On the day of a news conference in Brazil to announce Silva-Chael Sonnen II, White still didn't have a deal with Silva for that fight and had to battle with him to get it done.

Silva joked about that on Saturday as he discussed his plans.

"I told you, I am the black Dana," Silva said, laughing. "I am happy. I am very happy. I like my work. I worked a long time to gather the family, the UFC family. I had my problems with Dana, but it's OK. I love Dana. Dana sometimes hates me, loves me, but it's OK."

Related UFC video from Yahoo! Sports

Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
Lakers skewered by Taiwanese animation studio (video)
NFL's one constant: Belichick, Brady winning together with the Patriots
Auburn fans plea for help from President Obama
Y! News: Teen kills friend, sentenced to church

Demian Maia talks Robbie Lawler offer, title-shot hopes and desired Anderson Silva rematch

SAO PAULO – Demian Maia was sitting cageside when UFC 205’s co-headliner between champ Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson was, much to his dismay, declared a draw. He’s now analyzing his options.File read news >>

Robert Whittaker: Fight Night Melbourne Warrior Code Video | MMAWeekly.com

Robert Whittaker loves to fight and he talks about the lifestyle in this edition of Warrior Code. Whittaker takes on Derek Brunson at UFC Melbourne. read news >>

'Industry re-defining' announcement teases 'GSP,' Velasquez, Dillashaw, Cerrone, Kennedy and ex-Bellator CEO Rebney

A teleconference scheduled for Wednesday promises a star-studded lineup and an “industry re-defining mixed martial arts announcement,” but the subject is being held under wraps. Filed under: Bellator read news >>

MMA World Reacts to New Fighter's Assc. Led by GSP, Cerrone, Kennedy and Rebney

A much ballyhooed press conference took place on Wednesday afternoon, and it didn't take long to parse out the intentions of those in attendance. Talks of a fighter's union in MMA has gone through nu read news >>

Jon Jones Comments on Previously Partying Before Fights

Jon Jones is one of the most talented MMA fighters in history, but his actions outside the Octagon have held him back. He discussed some of his past actions Thursday on The Joe Rogan Experience (h/t read news >>

After latest suspension, former UFC champ Jon Jones says 'the story can't end like this'

It’s a tale the world has already heard several times before, but former UFC champion Jon Jones promises next time is finally going to be different.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Demetrious Johnson has some bad news for fellow flyweights

LAS VEGAS – As Demetrious Johnson inches up on Anderson Silva's all-time record of 10 consecutive UFC title defenses, the prevailing wisdom has suggested he'd eventually best the mark and move on to read news >>

Champ Demetrious Johnson targets Las Vegas for attempt to tie Anderson Silva's record

• a day ago

LAS VEGAS – UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson suffered a grade two LCL tear – prior to his ninth title defense at The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale – and will take some time off to heal his knee be read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Wants to Take On Anderson Silva's Record (TUF 24 Finale video) | MMAWeekly.com

• 22 hours ago

After Demetrious Johnson took the win over Tim Elliott at the TUF 24 Finale, he said that he wanted to return to Sin City to challenge Anderson Silva's record. read news >>

TUF 24 Finale post-fight facts: Champ Demetrious Johnson closes in on Anderson Silva's record

• 17 hours ago

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson again displayed why he’s MMA’s top pound-for-pound fighter when he defeated Tim Elliott in the TUF 24 headliner. In the post-event facts, we discuss the sign read news >>