The former UFC middleweight champion blames political issues in UFC for blocking his dream of a boxing match with Roy Jones Jr.

Anderson Silva it's not optimistic about the possibility of facing Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match. The "Spider" said on the Brazilian talk show "The Noite" that this desired bout is far from coming true.

From the interview:

I don't think this is going to happen. It's not an idea politically well received by Dana and Lorenzo. I'm trying, I always bring that subject but they are irreducible. It would be historical Roy spanking of me but this is my dream. He is also very excited to do this but it is a business issue.

Silva reaffirmed that he will come back to the octagon in 2015.

In a 0 to 10 scale I'm 9 right now. The doctor said I just can't jump and run. I could fight again this year but because of personal projects I should just come back in 2015, even though my family isn't happy about it, they wanted my retirement. I have eight more fights in my contract but it says that I could stop fighting right now if I want.

Anderson Silva broke his leg when a kick was checked by Chris Weidman in their rematch last December at UFC 168.

Anderson Silva: 'I'm Tired of Listening to Lies and False Accusations'

Anderson Silva’s all-time great career now rests on the shaky foundation of his word. Despite testing positive for four banned substances before and after his UFC 183 bout with Nick Diaz, the former read news >>

Video: Erick Silva trains for Rick Story fight by punching Anderson Silva in the face

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight heartthrob Erick Silva collides with veteran 170-pound bruiser Rick Story in the co-headliner of the upcoming UFC Fight Night 70 mixed martial arts ( read news >>

Nick Diaz wants to rematch Anderson Silva in a ring ... not UFC's 'dog cage'

Woof, woof. Nick Diaz still believes he won his fight against Anderson Silva at UFC 183 earlier this year. Even though the Octagon-side judges all came to the conclusion that "The Spider" did enough read news >>

Michael Bisping: Fighting Anderson Silva not the burning issue it once was

Still, "The Count" says he wouldn't mind stepping into the cage against someone he once considered a hero despite "The Spider's" recent fall. Despite his constant pleas of innocence, former Ultimate read news >>

Anderson Silva: 'I'm just tired of hearing lies and false accusations'

Anderson Silva’s legacy took a significant hit when the UFC middleweight legend failed multiple drug tests surrounding his UFC 183 win over Nick Diaz. But the champion is firing back at some of his c read news >>

Anderson Silva Has Life Advice for Jon Jones Because Why Not

Anderson Silva has some thoughts on what he think Jon Jones should do with his life. read news >>

Sam Alvey's sponsored chest? The UFC says you won't see that happen again

ADELAIDE, Australia – Fighters looking to get around the UFC’s strict rules on sponsors, take note: You can’t make the sun your accomplice.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Jose Aldo: UFC-Reebok deal is s--t, wouldn't happen if MMA had a fighters' union

I'd reckon a number of mixed martial arts (MMA) fighters are hesitant to speak up and critique the new sponsorship deal between Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Reebok, in fear of retaliatory read news >>

Nick Diaz wants a rematch with Anderson Silva outside the UFC's 'dog cage'

UFC 183 was a disappointment for Nick Diaz on a number of levels. Now, he would like another crack at Anderson Silva – under PRIDE rules.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Anderson Silva tells Jon Jones to change 'everything' in his life, not return to UFC anytime soon

Jon Jones is in the midst of "soul-searching" after being arrested last month on felony hit-and-run charges in Albuquerque, N.M., and stripped of his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) world title read news >>