Anderson Silva UFC 90UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva stepped up in a big way to help the promotion save UFC 153 after both the main event and co-main event bout suffered injuries to different participants.

Because he wasn’t in full training mode, Silva accepted a fight at light heavyweight against Stephan Bonnar in Brazil to headline UFC 153, which marks the third time he’s competed at 205lbs inside the Octagon.

One thing is for sure however, regardless of the success that Silva’s had at light heavyweight, and even if he disposes of Bonnar at UFC 153, fighting at 205lbs doesn’t interest the greatest fighter to ever compete in the UFC.

“There’s always been a lot of talks about me moving up to 205, I know Dana has talked about it a lot, all the fans have talked a lot about me moving up and facing Jon Jones, but it’s something I’ve never wanted,” Silva said on Thursday.

Silva has tested the waters at light heavyweight in the past only because the UFC has asked him to do so when they needed him, but he’s never planning a permanent move there.

The long time Brazilian champion has plenty of teammates who could challenge UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, but he’s not going to be one of them.

“I won’t be pretentious to say that I want to move up, especially because there’s other guys in that weight class on our team like Rafael Feijao (Cavalcante), (Antonio Rogerio) Minotoro Nogueira, there’s other guys that could potentially face Jon Jones in the future,” Silva stated.

At this stage of his career, Anderson Silva has nothing left to prove to anyone. He’s the longest reigning champion in UFC history by leaps and bounds, he has more title defenses than any fighter in UFC history, and he’s widely regarded already as the greatest fighter of this or any time period in mixed martial arts history.

With less years in front of him in the fight game than behind, Anderson Silva’s goals will revolve around more title defenses at middleweight, and not moving up to 205lbs to face new challenges.

“What got me this far is I’m grounded, my weight class is 185,” said Silva.

“I’m 37-years old and I feel like I need to be honest and to continue what I’ve built which is keep defending my belt at 185.”

To hear the entire media conference call with Anderson Silva as well as Stephen Bonnar click –> HERE

Video: Anderson Silva tells Jon Jones to change 'everything' in his life, not return to UFC anytime soon

Jon Jones is in the midst of "soul-searching" after being arrested last month on felony hit-and-run charges in Albuquerque, N.M., and stripped of his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) world title read news >>

UFC boss: Ex-champ Jon Jones will get immediate title shot if he comes back

Now-former UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones won’t have to work his way back to a title if and when he returns to the promotion’s octagon. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Anderson Silva Has Life Advice for Jon Jones Because Why Not

Anderson Silva has some thoughts on what he think Jon Jones should do with his life. read news >>

Anderson Silva 'doesn't think' Jon Jones should return to the UFC: 'He needs to focus'

Anderson Silva is unsure if his friend Jon Jones should come back to the UFC. The MMA legend told TMZ that Jones "needs to change everything in his life" when cameras caught up with him in Los Angele read news >>

Anderson Silva: Jon Jones Shouldn't Return, He 'Needs to Focus'

Carlos Condit recently told Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour that former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones had resumed training. “I'll be back.” Condit said those were Jones' exact words during a read news >>

Anderson Silva: I don't think UFC will let Jon Jones come back, he 'needs to change everything in life'

Jon Jones' longtime friend Anderson Silva has some good advice for the troubled former light-heavyweight champion. Anderson Silva and Jon Jones have been good friends for years. Now, the "Spider" has read news >>

Anderson Silva Decries Detractors, ‘I’m Not a Cheater’

Having enough of the naysayers, Anderson Silva took to his Instragram account recently to declare, "I'm not a cheater." read news >>

'The other Jon Jones' has no intention of giving up his Twitter handle

Being the “other” Jon Jones is an adventure every few months for the man who controls the @jonjones handle on Twitter.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Cris Cyborg rips Ronda Rousey: ‘It has gotten to the point that I now feel sorry for her’

Ronda Rousey versus Cris Cyborg won’t happen anytime soon, but that doesn’t mean the heat is not there. The undefeated UFC bantamweight champion, who meets Bethe Correia at UFC 190 on Aug. 1 in Rio d read news >>

Vitor Belfort won’t call it quits after UFC 187: ‘I will be back at full strength’

Vitor Belfort won’t retire after UFC 187. The 38-year-old veteran, who failed to win the middleweight championship on Saturday night, suffering a first-round TKO loss against undefeated champion Chri read news >>