Anderson Silva is still game to fight Roy Jones Jr.

The UFC middleweight champion expressed his continued desire to step in the boxing ring with former multi-time world champion Jones on Tuesday during a media conference call to promote Silva’s UFC 162 title defense against Chris Weidman.

“Of course I want to fight [Jones]. Maybe after this fight against Weidman, regardless of the outcome, I would love to fight him,” said Silva through a translator. “He’s already said that he would fight me, also, so that is something I would really like to have happen.”

Before that inter-sport matchup could take place, however, Silva must first face Weidman in his 11th UFC title defense. The pair will clash in the July 6 main event, which takes place at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and airs live on pay-per-view.

Long regarded as one of MMA’s pound-for-pound best, Silva has not lost since January 2006, posting a perfect 16-0 record in UFC competition. Though Weidman is arguably the toughest challenger “The Spider” has faced thus far, Silva nevertheless seems unconcerned with how a loss might affect his legacy.

“I think what’s most important is to set a good example for the kids who watch the UFC and the kids who are coming up,” said Silva. “Whatever I should have done in the sport, I have already done. Win or lose, I’ve already done everything there is to do. Now it’s just a matter of doing what I love to do.”

In spite of Weidman’s impressive skill set and unblemished professional record, Silva said he is most concerned with self-improvement rather than overcoming any specific adversary.

“I don’t really train to think about my opponent. I train to do what I do best -- what I’ve been doing since I was a kid -- which is fighting,” said Silva. “I train to satisfy myself and not anyone else, so I’m not thinking about my opponent. I’m thinking about overcoming myself and getting better at what I do.”

Silva, 38, signed a 10-fight deal with the UFC at the end of last year. Though it appears reasonable that the champion could retire before fulfilling all 10 bouts on that deal, the knockout artist is not ruling anything out as of yet.

“Everything is a possibility, but it really is going to come down to my willpower and my desire to still be fighting,” said Silva. “I have a lot of other things I want to do, and one of those is fighting Roy Jones, but we’re just going to have to see how things work out in the next few fights and how I feel.”

Anderson Silva Calls for Michael Bisping Rematch, Suggests Manchester UFC Fight

Legendary fighter Anderson Silva thinks UFC Middleweight champion Michael Bisping is “afraid” to face him in a rematch. The Brazilian lost to Bisping narrowly in London earlier this year in a pulsati read news >>

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar 2: The Complete Breakdown

In the extended absence of Conor McGregor, who seems more interested in chasing Nate Diaz and other fights at 155 or 170 pounds than defending his featherweight crown, Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar wil read news >>

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar 2: The Complete Breakdown

Daniel Cormier vs Anderson Silva Announced for UFC 200: Latest Details, Reaction

Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200 on Saturday and fight Daniel Cormier in a non-title bout. Brazil's Globo reported the news Thursday (via FloSports' Jeremy Botter). TMZ confirmed the read news >>

Daniel Cormier Will Fight Anderson Silva at UFC 200; Tate vs. Nunes to Headline

Daniel Cormier will remain on the UFC 200 fight card to fight Anderson Silva. The card has been shuffled, moving Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes to headlining status. read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night 90 Post-Fight Presser, Including Anderson Silva!

Watch as surprise guest Anderson Silva, and then several of the key UFC Fight Night 90 fighters, field questions from the media. read news >>

VIDEO: UFC Fight Night 90 Post-Fight Press Conference with Special Guest Anderson Silva

Watch as Anderson Silva crashes the party, and then several of the key UFC Fight Night 90 fighters, field questions from the media at the post-fight press conference. read news >>

VIDEO: Anderson Silva and Dana White Explain Making the Fight with Daniel Cormier

UFC president Dana White and Anderson Silva talk about how it came about that Silva is stepping in to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200. read news >>

Anderson Silva steps up to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

After a earth-shattering last 24 hours, Daniel Cormier found an opponent for UFC 200: UFC legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva. Here's how it all came together and what Silva said about his fight. read news >>

Anderson Silva a Betting Underdog Against Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is a betting underdog going into his UFC 200 fight against Daniel Cormier. read news >>