Anderson SilvaFormer UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva’s longest title reign in UFC history came crashing down as a result of a well-placed left hand by Chris Weidman on July 6 at UFC 162.

The way the fight played out didn’t sit well with some people.  Silva is known for his showmanship.  He taunts and toys with his opponents, but on that night his antics backfired.

One of the biggest questions heading into the rematch scheduled for UFC 168 on Dec. 28 is will Silva change his style after suffering the first knockout loss in his 16-year career?

“This is my style.  I’ve been working hard for a long time in the UFC.  I’ve had great fights in here with the same position and the same style.  I don’t change nothing,” said Silva during a recent media press conference promoting the rematch.

“I committed an error and my error was that I stopped with my feet parallel to each other, which is being fixed right now.  And he took advantage of that position,” added the former titleholder.

One thing that has changed for Silva is his perspective.  “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone,” sang the glam rock band Cinderella, and those words ring true for the Brazilian superstar.

“I love what I do and I’ve always loved what I do.  When I started training, I never imagined that I’d get to the point that I’m at today.  I always imagined that I would hopefully be as good as my instructors and be able to teach class.  I never thought that I was going to have the success that I had being the UFC champion,” explained Silva.

“I think God really helps me and teaches you all the time.  I realize that I didn’t appreciate, or I didn’t value what I had.  And I can tell you that now, God works in mysterious ways, and now I realize what I had and I’m going to focus to go back and get what I had,” he added.

The former top pound-for-pound fighter in the world says a “new” Anderson is going to show up at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Dec. 28.

“My training has been going well.  I’m very excited to go out there and bring my belt back,” said Silva.  “I have nine more fights.  My focus is my rematch with Chris.  The new Anderson is coming.  Trust me.”

Anderson Silva Calls for Michael Bisping Rematch, Suggests Manchester UFC Fight

Legendary fighter Anderson Silva thinks UFC Middleweight champion Michael Bisping is “afraid” to face him in a rematch. The Brazilian lost to Bisping narrowly in London earlier this year in a pulsati read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs Anderson Silva Announced for UFC 200: Latest Details, Reaction

Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200 on Saturday and fight Daniel Cormier in a non-title bout. Brazil's Globo reported the news Thursday (via FloSports' Jeremy Botter). TMZ confirmed the read news >>

Daniel Cormier Will Fight Anderson Silva at UFC 200; Tate vs. Nunes to Headline

Daniel Cormier will remain on the UFC 200 fight card to fight Anderson Silva. The card has been shuffled, moving Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes to headlining status. read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night 90 Post-Fight Presser, Including Anderson Silva!

Watch as surprise guest Anderson Silva, and then several of the key UFC Fight Night 90 fighters, field questions from the media. read news >>

VIDEO: UFC Fight Night 90 Post-Fight Press Conference with Special Guest Anderson Silva

Watch as Anderson Silva crashes the party, and then several of the key UFC Fight Night 90 fighters, field questions from the media at the post-fight press conference. read news >>

VIDEO: Anderson Silva and Dana White Explain Making the Fight with Daniel Cormier

UFC president Dana White and Anderson Silva talk about how it came about that Silva is stepping in to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200. read news >>

Anderson Silva steps up to fight Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

After a earth-shattering last 24 hours, Daniel Cormier found an opponent for UFC 200: UFC legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva. Here's how it all came together and what Silva said about his fight. read news >>

Anderson Silva a Betting Underdog Against Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is a betting underdog going into his UFC 200 fight against Daniel Cormier. read news >>

Cormier vs. Silva: Weigh-In Info, Top Comments Before UFC 200

After the initial furore over Anderson Silva stepping in to face Daniel Cormier at UFC 200 following Jon Jones' removal from the card, it was time for the pair to weigh in ahead of their clash on Sat read news >>

UFC 200 Results: Daniel Cormier Grabs Unanimous Decision Over Anderson Silva

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier went the distance with Anderson Silva on Saturday, picking up a unanimous decision on the UFC 200 main card at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. read news >>