Anderson SilvaFormer UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva’s longest title reign in UFC history came crashing down as a result of a well-placed left hand by Chris Weidman on July 6 at UFC 162.

The way the fight played out didn’t sit well with some people.  Silva is known for his showmanship.  He taunts and toys with his opponents, but on that night his antics backfired.

One of the biggest questions heading into the rematch scheduled for UFC 168 on Dec. 28 is will Silva change his style after suffering the first knockout loss in his 16-year career?

“This is my style.  I’ve been working hard for a long time in the UFC.  I’ve had great fights in here with the same position and the same style.  I don’t change nothing,” said Silva during a recent media press conference promoting the rematch.

“I committed an error and my error was that I stopped with my feet parallel to each other, which is being fixed right now.  And he took advantage of that position,” added the former titleholder.

One thing that has changed for Silva is his perspective.  “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone,” sang the glam rock band Cinderella, and those words ring true for the Brazilian superstar.

“I love what I do and I’ve always loved what I do.  When I started training, I never imagined that I’d get to the point that I’m at today.  I always imagined that I would hopefully be as good as my instructors and be able to teach class.  I never thought that I was going to have the success that I had being the UFC champion,” explained Silva.

“I think God really helps me and teaches you all the time.  I realize that I didn’t appreciate, or I didn’t value what I had.  And I can tell you that now, God works in mysterious ways, and now I realize what I had and I’m going to focus to go back and get what I had,” he added.

The former top pound-for-pound fighter in the world says a “new” Anderson is going to show up at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Dec. 28.

“My training has been going well.  I’m very excited to go out there and bring my belt back,” said Silva.  “I have nine more fights.  My focus is my rematch with Chris.  The new Anderson is coming.  Trust me.”

Miesha Tate Helps Injured 6-Year-Old Down Mountain Hiking Trail

Former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate probably didn’t expect to become a hero to a six-year-old girl and her family over Labor Day weekend, but that is exactly what happened. According read news >>

VIDEO: Watch Anderson Silva Throw Hands With His Son

The next Anderson Silva may very well be his next of kin. read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Chris Weidman & Cris Cyborg

Former UFC Middleweight champion Chris Weidman joins Jim and Matt in studio to discuss everything from acting on Kevin Can Wait to fighting Anderson Silva. Also, reigning InvictaFC Featherweight cham read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero Announced for UFC 205: Latest Details, Reaction

UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday morning that Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero will face off during the UFC 205 card at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 12. UFC vice president of public relations read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero official for UFC 205 in NYC

After weeks of uncertainty, New York native Chris Weidman finds a place on the first UFC card in New York.The former middleweight champion will be fighting No. 4 ranked middleweight Yoel Romero at th read news >>

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero Latest, Perhaps Final, UFC 205 Bout | MMAWeekly.com

The long rumored bout between Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero is now official. It is the latest, and possibly final, confirmed bout for UFC 205. read news >>

Weidman Gets UFC 205 Home Game at MSG

Former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman won't be fighting to regain his 185-pound title on November 12, but competing in his home state on the historic UFC 205 card against Yoel Romero will read news >>

Chris Weidman Carries the Pride of New York into UFC 205 (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC champion Chris Weidman will enter his fight with Yoel Romero at UFC 205 with the pride of New York on his shoulders. read news >>

145 champ Marat Gafurov rematches Narantungalag Jadambaa in ONE Championship 49's second title fight

November’s “ONE Championship: Defending Honor” has added a second title fight to the top of the bill. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Marat Gafurov Rematches Narantungalag Jadambaa in Second 'ONE: Defending Honor' Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

A second title match was announced on Thursday for ONE: Defending Honor with featherweight champion Marat Gafurov set to rematch Narantungalag Jadambaa. read news >>