Anderson SilvaFormer UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva’s longest title reign in UFC history came crashing down as a result of a well-placed left hand by Chris Weidman on July 6 at UFC 162.

The way the fight played out didn’t sit well with some people.  Silva is known for his showmanship.  He taunts and toys with his opponents, but on that night his antics backfired.

One of the biggest questions heading into the rematch scheduled for UFC 168 on Dec. 28 is will Silva change his style after suffering the first knockout loss in his 16-year career?

“This is my style.  I’ve been working hard for a long time in the UFC.  I’ve had great fights in here with the same position and the same style.  I don’t change nothing,” said Silva during a recent media press conference promoting the rematch.

“I committed an error and my error was that I stopped with my feet parallel to each other, which is being fixed right now.  And he took advantage of that position,” added the former titleholder.

One thing that has changed for Silva is his perspective.  “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone,” sang the glam rock band Cinderella, and those words ring true for the Brazilian superstar.

“I love what I do and I’ve always loved what I do.  When I started training, I never imagined that I’d get to the point that I’m at today.  I always imagined that I would hopefully be as good as my instructors and be able to teach class.  I never thought that I was going to have the success that I had being the UFC champion,” explained Silva.

“I think God really helps me and teaches you all the time.  I realize that I didn’t appreciate, or I didn’t value what I had.  And I can tell you that now, God works in mysterious ways, and now I realize what I had and I’m going to focus to go back and get what I had,” he added.

The former top pound-for-pound fighter in the world says a “new” Anderson is going to show up at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Dec. 28.

“My training has been going well.  I’m very excited to go out there and bring my belt back,” said Silva.  “I have nine more fights.  My focus is my rematch with Chris.  The new Anderson is coming.  Trust me.”

Chris Weidman Talks Luke Rockhold, Compares UFC Rematch to Anderson Silva Fights

Former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman has called for an immediate rematch against Luke Rockhold, whom he said he plans to "demolish" in a bout that means more to him than his wins over Ander read news >>

Chael Sonnen Beyond the Fight: Nick Diaz’s Reduced Suspension

In this weeks episode of Beyond the Fight Chael Sonnen discusses the reduction of Nick Diaz's suspension and Anderson Silva's failed test. read news >>

Michael Bisping's plan: 'Destroy Anderson Silva,' get long-awaited title shot

Michael Bisping has no doubt he’s going to have his way with Anderson Silva at UFC Fight Night 83. When he does, he said he plans to “demand” a UFC title shot.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC boss: Luke Rockhold to rematch Chris Weidman for middleweight title in June

Chris Weidman will get a chance to take back the UFC middleweight championship from Luke Rockhold when the pair rematch for the title in June.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman Immediate Rematch Headlines UFC 199

UFC president Dana White dropped some big fights on Wednesday, including a rematch between Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman. read news >>

UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Weidman 2 Event Page and Fight Card

UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Weidman 2 event page and fight card, featuring UFC middleweight rematch between Luk Rockhold and Chris Weidman. read news >>

Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman: Fight Date Announced, Comments and Reaction

On Wednesday afternoon, UFC President Dana White announced on Fox Sports' Garbage Time (via Damon Martin of FoxSports.com) that Luke Rockhold will defend his middleweight title against Chris Weidman read news >>

Chris Weidman shows off his catwalk skills

Former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman took to the Men's NY Fashion Week catwalk to show off his skills in the Grungy Gentleman show. read news >>

Michael Bisping Plans to Knock Anderson Silva Out

Seventh-ranked middleweight Michael “The Count” Bisping has always wanted to fight former champion Anderson Silva and plans to knock him out when they meet on Feb. 27. read news >>

Conor McGregor Slams Floyd Mayweather, Challenges Boxer to Fight

If you trash talk Conor McGregor, you better expect him to fire back. Boxing great Floyd Mayweather Jr. just became McGregor's next target. read news >>