Mixed martial arts’ most talked about dream fight might still have a chance to become reality.

Anderson Silva, who once claimed that it would be "impossible" for him to face Jon Jones, for the first time admitted that the fight could happen. At a promotional event on Thursday, the middleweight champion reiterated that he did not want to face Jones, but said that the fight is in the hands of the UFC.

"People are talking so much about this fight ... I have no such intention, it isn't something that motivates me, just because we have other athletes on my team who are in his weight division. My weight is 185 pounds; this is my title. But people talk so much, and we are UFC employees,” Silva said. “Of course, I can say that I don't want it, but what if he goes there and accepts the money that Dana will give him to take the fight? It'll be difficult. It's not the money that motivates me to fight. I fight because I like it.

“So, I don’t know,” he continued. “I wouldn't like it. But if it happens, it would be at a catch-weight -- not for the belt. I already have mine, and I do not want to leave a title dropped."

When asked if he would be favorite in a fight against Jones for having defeated Vitor Belfort and Stephan Bonnar faster than the American, Anderson downplayed the victories.

"At home we have a tree of ‘almost.’ Never give anything, always is almost. When you go to fight a champion, you have to be physically and psychologically prepared to face a champion,” Silva said. “[There is a reason] he is the champion. You have to train hard and be prepared. You must have a champion's mind to fight a champion. You can't have a loser’s mind. All champion’s opponents must have the mind of a champion, not just a challenger."

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

Kenny Florian: Jon Jones should be scratched from UFC 187, stripped of title

Kenny Florian stopped short of recommending the promotion show Jon Jones the door in the wake of his latest legal troubles, but said the promotion should show the fighter there are consequences for h read news >>

Anderson Silva 'doesn't think' Jon Jones should return to the UFC: 'He needs to focus'

Anderson Silva is unsure if his friend Jon Jones should come back to the UFC. The MMA legend told TMZ that Jones "needs to change everything in his life" when cameras caught up with him in Los Angele read news >>

Video: Anderson Silva tells Jon Jones to change 'everything' in his life, not return to UFC anytime soon

Jon Jones is in the midst of "soul-searching" after being arrested last month on felony hit-and-run charges in Albuquerque, N.M., and stripped of his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) world title read news >>

Anderson Silva: I don't think UFC will let Jon Jones come back, he 'needs to change everything in life'

Jon Jones' longtime friend Anderson Silva has some good advice for the troubled former light-heavyweight champion. Anderson Silva and Jon Jones have been good friends for years. Now, the "Spider" has read news >>

Anderson Silva Has Life Advice for Jon Jones Because Why Not

Anderson Silva has some thoughts on what he think Jon Jones should do with his life. read news >>

Anderson Silva: Jon Jones Shouldn't Return, He 'Needs to Focus'

Carlos Condit recently told Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour that former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones had resumed training. “I'll be back.” Condit said those were Jones' exact words during a read news >>

Andre Arlovski Thanks Jon Jones for Preparing Him for Fight (UFC 187 Video)

• 14 hours ago

Andrei Arlovski talked to the press at the UFC 187 post fight press conference after his fight with Travis Browne, saying he was thankful for training with Jon Jones. read news >>

UFC champ Jon Jones wanted for questioning in hit-and-run

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is reportedly wanted for questioning in connection with a hit and run in Albuquerque, N.M.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 187 headliner Jon Jones sought for questioning in hit-and-run in Albuquerque

UFC 187 headliner Jon Jones is being sought for questioning in a hit-and-run accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico, but he's not been officially listed as a suspect. The Albuquerque police department h read news >>