Mixed martial arts’ most talked about dream fight might still have a chance to become reality.

Anderson Silva, who once claimed that it would be "impossible" for him to face Jon Jones, for the first time admitted that the fight could happen. At a promotional event on Thursday, the middleweight champion reiterated that he did not want to face Jones, but said that the fight is in the hands of the UFC.

"People are talking so much about this fight ... I have no such intention, it isn't something that motivates me, just because we have other athletes on my team who are in his weight division. My weight is 185 pounds; this is my title. But people talk so much, and we are UFC employees,” Silva said. “Of course, I can say that I don't want it, but what if he goes there and accepts the money that Dana will give him to take the fight? It'll be difficult. It's not the money that motivates me to fight. I fight because I like it.

“So, I don’t know,” he continued. “I wouldn't like it. But if it happens, it would be at a catch-weight -- not for the belt. I already have mine, and I do not want to leave a title dropped."

When asked if he would be favorite in a fight against Jones for having defeated Vitor Belfort and Stephan Bonnar faster than the American, Anderson downplayed the victories.

"At home we have a tree of ‘almost.’ Never give anything, always is almost. When you go to fight a champion, you have to be physically and psychologically prepared to face a champion,” Silva said. “[There is a reason] he is the champion. You have to train hard and be prepared. You must have a champion's mind to fight a champion. You can't have a loser’s mind. All champion’s opponents must have the mind of a champion, not just a challenger."

*Alan Oliveira contributed to this report

Daniel Cormier vs Anderson Silva Announced for UFC 200: Latest Details, Reaction

Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200 on Saturday and fight Daniel Cormier in a non-title bout. Brazil's Globo reported the news Thursday (via FloSports' Jeremy Botter). TMZ confirmed the read news >>

UFC 200 Video Highlights: Daniel Cormier Bests the Legend, Anderson Silva

When Daniel Cormier's original UFC 200 opponent, Jon Jones, was pulled from the fight card, former middleweight champ Anderson Silva stepped up. read news >>

Anderson Silva: UFC 200 was Really Just a Challenge for Myself (Video)

Anderson Silva talks about fighting at UFC 200. He accepted the bout with Daniel Cormier on 48 hours notice. read news >>

What’s Next for Daniel Cormier? (UFC 200 Video)

Daniel Cormier speaks to the press at the UFC 200 press conference after defeating Anderson Silva. read news >>

A Bruised Miesha Tate Talks About Losing the Belt at UFC 200 (Video)

A humbled and bruised Miesha Tate talked about losing the UFC bantamweight championship to Amanda Nunes at UFC 200 on Saturday in Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC 200: Despite Anderson Silva Victory, Daniel Cormier Still Can't Win at LHW

Being Daniel Cormier is a pretty thankless job. That’s the major takeaway from watching the crowd shower Cormier with boos Saturday at UFC 200, as the light heavyweight champion rolled over Anderson read news >>

For Dana White and Fertittas, UFC Sale Leaves Behind Complex Legacy

After months of intense negotiations, the deal has finally closed. As first reported by TMZ, the Ultimate Fighting Championship was sold for $4 billion to talent agency WME-IMG in the single biggest read news >>

Anderson Silva Wanted to Test Himself at UFC 200, Talks Future (Video)

Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva says that he wanted to test himself against light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier at UFC 200 and discusses his fighting future. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Beyond the Fight: The Jon Jones Situation

Jon Jones is in a very similar situation that Chael Sonnen was a few years ago. Listen here for Chael's perspective on Jon's failed drug test and press conference. read news >>

Two UFC Veterans Allege Jon Jones Tested Positive for Estrogen Blockers

Rashad Evans and Chael Sonnen allege that Jon Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers in the drug test that led to him being pulled from UFC 200. read news >>