Allanna Jones-CFATo say the last couple months have been different than her previous year in MMA would be an understatement for Allanna “Hands of Stone” Jones.

Coming off her March 2 win over Kelsey De Santis at CFA 10, Jones’ normal prep for her next fight was interrupted when it was discovered that her upcoming opponent, Fallon Fox, was transgendered and a media storm ensued.

“It was a little weird and you’ll never get used to something like that happening,” said Jones about the mass attention her May 24 bout against Fox received.

Unfortunately for Jones, she lost the fight via third round submission, but because of the exposure she got, she feels that ultimately she ended up moving forward rather than backwards.

“I was not very happy with my performance in that fight,” said Jones. “I felt I could have done a lot better. After watching it and seeing the mistakes that I made, we’ve been working on it in the gym and changing some things.

“My last fight had a lot of exposure to it and despite the loss; it still had a good outcome. Right now I feel good about everything and I’m just excited about this fight coming up.”

When asked if all the distractions surrounding her bout with Fox could have played a role in her loss, Jones told, “It could have been one reason, but honestly, I didn’t bring my A-game to the fight.”

Jones’ upcoming bout in Legacy FC this Friday night in Houston won’t be any easier as she takes on highly-regarded former world boxing champion Holly “Preacher’s Daughter” Holm in a feature bout live on AXS TV.

“I feel it’s a great opportunity,” said Jones. “Holly has a great background in fighting. It’s definitely going to be a tough fight for me, but I’m going to endure whatever I have to endure to get the win.

“I like to strike, kickbox, and I’m sure she has good striking and movement, so the goal is to try to get her to the ground and not have to fight her standing if I don’t have to. If it ends up being an all stand-up fight, I’ll be prepared for that as well.”

As much exposure as Jones got from her fight with Fox, she feels that win over Holm could do even more for her career and help set up for more high profile fights in the future.

“A win over (Holm) would be huge for my career and will help me get closer to the top and get other doors to open and at the same time get me top-name opponents,” said Jones. “I feel like this fight I have a lot to gain, that’s why I’ve taken the fight.

“I don’t see any easy fights coming my way. I think all of my fights are going to be tough and I’m okay with that. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, so I’m always training hard and preparing for fights like this.”

Holly Holm on Ronda Rousey Bout: ‘I’m Walking with Every Bit of Confidence into this Fight’

Long before former boxing champion Holly Holm made it to the UFC, she was being asked about a showdown with UFC champion Ronda Rousey. Now it's booked for UFC 193. read news >>

Chael Sonnen: Holly Holm not telling the truth about her ridiculous, invalid boxing championships

Holly Holm's credentials as a professional boxing champion were well advertised as she transitioned into the sport of mixed martial arts (MMA). Before signing with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC read news >>

Holly Holm on fighting Ronda Rousey at UFC 193: 'In a lot of ways better' than waiting 'four months'

"Preacher's Daughter" collides with "Rowdy" in the main event of UFC's inaugural trip to Melbourne, Australia in November. Life sure hits you fast. And it walloped Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC read news >>

Holly Holm: Facing Ronda Rousey sooner 'can be a lot better' than waiting four months

Holly Holm spent about four hours working on the logistics of her training camp and travel schedule with her coaches, husband and manager two weeks ago. Holm's team was trying to figure out the best read news >>

VIDEO: How Does Holly Holm Handle Everyone Writing Her Off Against Ronda Rousey?

It's got to be difficult for Holly Holm to have everyone already write her off as a threat to UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. read news >>

The MMA Hour - 297 - Holly Holm

Holly Holm will talk about fighting Ronda Rousey at UFC 193. read news >>

Holly Holm Approves of Conor McGregor, Dishes on Ronda Rousey Title Fight

Since being announced as the top contender for the UFC women's bantamweight title, Holly Holm has been quite busy. That's not surprising, of course, as the already rigorous training regimen has new m read news >>

Video: Watch MMA Hour live stream HERE feat. TJ Dillashaw, Mark Hunt, Holly Holm, Sam Stout, more

MMA Hour stream: Watch Tuesday's episode featuring TJ Dillashaw, Mark Hunt, Holly Holm, Sam Stout, Brad Pickett, Valerie Letourneau, Kyra Gracie, Jinh Yu Frey and more and you can watch the show LIVE read news >>

Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm: The Preacher's Daughter Comments on UFC 193 Fight

Holly Holm has the unenviable task of being the next woman to step into the Octagon to face Ronda Rousey, and the MMA star known as the Preacher’s Daughter has insisted that while the bout at UFC 193 read news >>

The MMA Hour with TJ Dillashaw, Mark Hunt, Holly Holm, Sam Stout, Brad Pickett, Valerie Letourneau, Kyra Gracie, Jinh Yu

The MMA Hour is back in your life! Below is a rundown of Tuesday's show: 1:00 p.m. ET -- UFC bantamweight Brad Pickett will talk about his foray into MMA promoting and what's next for him. 1:25 p.m. read news >>