Allanna Jones-CFATo say the last couple months have been different than her previous year in MMA would be an understatement for Allanna “Hands of Stone” Jones.

Coming off her March 2 win over Kelsey De Santis at CFA 10, Jones’ normal prep for her next fight was interrupted when it was discovered that her upcoming opponent, Fallon Fox, was transgendered and a media storm ensued.

“It was a little weird and you’ll never get used to something like that happening,” said Jones about the mass attention her May 24 bout against Fox received.

Unfortunately for Jones, she lost the fight via third round submission, but because of the exposure she got, she feels that ultimately she ended up moving forward rather than backwards.

“I was not very happy with my performance in that fight,” said Jones. “I felt I could have done a lot better. After watching it and seeing the mistakes that I made, we’ve been working on it in the gym and changing some things.

“My last fight had a lot of exposure to it and despite the loss; it still had a good outcome. Right now I feel good about everything and I’m just excited about this fight coming up.”

When asked if all the distractions surrounding her bout with Fox could have played a role in her loss, Jones told MMAWeekly.com, “It could have been one reason, but honestly, I didn’t bring my A-game to the fight.”

Jones’ upcoming bout in Legacy FC this Friday night in Houston won’t be any easier as she takes on highly-regarded former world boxing champion Holly “Preacher’s Daughter” Holm in a feature bout live on AXS TV.

“I feel it’s a great opportunity,” said Jones. “Holly has a great background in fighting. It’s definitely going to be a tough fight for me, but I’m going to endure whatever I have to endure to get the win.

“I like to strike, kickbox, and I’m sure she has good striking and movement, so the goal is to try to get her to the ground and not have to fight her standing if I don’t have to. If it ends up being an all stand-up fight, I’ll be prepared for that as well.”

As much exposure as Jones got from her fight with Fox, she feels that win over Holm could do even more for her career and help set up for more high profile fights in the future.

“A win over (Holm) would be huge for my career and will help me get closer to the top and get other doors to open and at the same time get me top-name opponents,” said Jones. “I feel like this fight I have a lot to gain, that’s why I’ve taken the fight.

“I don’t see any easy fights coming my way. I think all of my fights are going to be tough and I’m okay with that. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, so I’m always training hard and preparing for fights like this.”

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments, Reaction

Miesha Tate's first title defense won't come against Holly Holm. It won't come against Ronda Rousey. Instead, the UFC women's bantamweight champion will take on fourth-ranked competitor Amanda Nunes read news >>

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes Announced for UFC 200: Latest Comments, Reaction

Twitter reacts to Miesha Tate title defense announcement vs. Amanda Nunes at UFC 200

It’s not Holly Holm, nor is it Ronda Rousey. Instead it will be Amanda Nunes who challenges Miesha Tate for the UFC women’s bantamweight title at UFC 200. See how social media reacted to Wednesday ni read news >>

Miesha Tate Video: Dishing on Amanda Nunes Fight Ahead of Ronda Rousey or Holly Holm

Miesha Tate talks about facing Amanda Nunes, potential rematches with Holly Holm and Ronda Rousey, and what's on the horizon with Cris Cyborg. read news >>

Why champ Miesha Tate is fighting Amanda Nunes, and not Holly Holm, at UFC 200

Many UFC fans expected women’s bantamweight champ Miesha Tate to face rival and former champion Ronda Rousey at July’s banner UFC 200. The UFC certainly teased the prospect.Filed under: Featured, New read news >>

The Comeback: Why no Holly Holm rematch? UFC champ Miesha Tate explains

In a sport that never stops moving, even MMA junkies can struggle to keep up with all the latest news. If you missed any of Thursday’s biggest headlines, catch up with “The Comeback.”Filed under: Fea read news >>

Why is Miesha Tate Fighting Amanda Nunes at UFC 200, Not Holly Holm (Video)

UFC champion Miesha Tate explains how Amanda Nunes became her UFC 200 opponent, and discusses the stylistic match-up heading into her first title defense. read news >>

With UFC belt around waist, Miesha Tate thinks she could beat Holly Holm faster

UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate keeps her title perched in front of her vanity mirror, a little reminder of what she’s accomplished when she wakes up.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Comments on Ronda Rousey's Comeback Fight, Holly Holm

UFC President Dana White confirmed Sunday that Ronda Rousey will have a chance to win back the UFC women's bantamweight title when she steps into the Octagon again. White discussed Rousey's immediate read news >>