UFC-on-Fox-2-workouts-Michael-Bisping-178-460x270UFC middleweight Michael Bisping looks to redeem himself against Alan Belcher at UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen after suffering two loses in his last three fights.

Bisping (23-5) feels he’s a better fighter than Belcher (18-7), and plans to prove that on April 27 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

“I never underestimate an opponent, but I truly believe I’m the better fighter. I’ve got the better skill set in all areas. I think I’m just a tougher person,” said Bisping during a recent edition of UFC Tonight on Fuel TV.

“If we were plucked off the street with no martial arts training I would bury this guy each and every time.  I truly believe I’m going to win this fight. I’m still going to train accordingly.  I’m going to do everything in my power to make sure I win the fight, but I’m in a different league and I need to prove it,” he added.

Bisping isn’t just looking for a win against Belcher at UFC 159, he’s looking to make a statement by knocking out the Roufusport trained fighter.

“A lot of people have been talking about how I haven’t knocked anyone out,” said Bisping. “So I’m going to try and do that.”

In his last fight, Bisping was defeated by Vitor Belfort by technical knockout and feels he needs to prove he is one of the best 185-pound fighters in the world.

“My last fight didn’t go to plan. I proclaimed to be one of the best in the world and obviously losing by a kick to the head in the second round, it doesn’t go hand in hand with being one of the best, so I’m going to go out there and get redemption for my last performance. I want to put a statement on it.  I want to prove I’m one of the best in the middleweight division and to do that I have to take him out and take him out in style,” said Bisping.

The smack talk between Bisping and Belcher has heated up in recent weeks.  Belcher offered up a bet involving tattoos.  He said if British-born Bisping could knock him out in the first round that he would get the British flag tattooed on his chest.  If Belcher defeats Bisping, Bisping would have to get inked with the same Johnny Cash tattoo that Belcher sports on his left arm.

Belcher later upped the ante with the help of professional football player and friend Wallace Gilberry, who offered up his Rolls Royce Phantom to Bisping if he is able to defeat Belcher.  New, the car sells for upwards of $500,000.

Bisping responded to the wagers.

“He’s trying to generate hype for the fight.  He’s trying to promote himself and I’m all for that.  Good for him. He’s talked about a tattoo bet.  He’s talked about, he sat in the back of a Rolls Royce Phantom acting like the big man because he’s got a rich friend and this and that.  That’s not what I’m about, showing off.  For me, I’m focusing on the fight,” said Bisping.

“How about this, I challenge you to a fight on April 27.  The winner takes all the pride and glory.  You take your tattoos, you take your phantom and stick them where the sun doesn’t shine.  But I will see you April 27, and I will beat you and that’s all that matters to me.”

Bisping vs. Henderson II: Early Fight Predictions, Keys to Victory for UFC 204

Michael Bisping, Britain's most successful mixed martial artist and UFC fighter, will look to defend his middleweight belt against Dan Henderson on Saturday, Oct. 8 after snatching the title in drama read news >>

Gustafsson vs. Blachowicz: Results and Reaction from UFC Fight Night 93

It was 11 months in the making for Alexander Gustafsson, but when he finally returned to the cage at UFC Fight Night 93 on Saturday against Jan Blachowicz, he did so in style. The popular Swede went read news >>

According to Alistair Overeem ‘CM Punk is Making a Mistake’ (UFC 203 Video)

Although Alistair Overeem welcomes CM Punk to the UFC, he believes that the former professional wrestler is making a mistake jumping into deep waters. read news >>

Michael Bisping Video: We All Know Dan Henderson was Cheating at UFC 100

Although Dan Henderson holds a victory over Michael Bisping, Bisping said that everyone knows that Henderson was cheating when the two fought at UFC 100. read news >>

CM Punk invigorated by renewed Fight Week anticipation, excitement

By the time CM Punk decided to walk away from professional wrestling “making the walk” didn’t quite do it for him anymore. Just three days before he makes his first walk as an actual fighter, Punk is read news >>

Evan Tanner: Remembering a Wayward UFC Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Before the days of Michael Bisping, Luke Rockhold, and Anderson Silva’s historic five-year run as UFC middleweight champion, there was Evan Tanner. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Reveals His Plan to Get the Title Back (UFC 203 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champ Fabricio Werdum plans to get back to a title fight by defeating Travis Browne again at UFC 203 on Saturday. read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson UFC 204 Rematch Sold Out in Minutes | MMAWeekly.com

Tickets for the UFC 204 rematch between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson went on sale Friday. They were gone in minutes. read news >>

UFC Statement on CB Dollaway

UFC announced that CB Dollaway has had to withdraw from his scheduled bout at UFC 203 due to an injury he suffered last night as a result of an elevator accident at a hotel in Cleveland. read news >>

How Did Michael Bisping React When Dana White Said, 'You're Fighting Dan Henderson'? (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Still hungover from winning a UFC title, how did Michael Bisping react when he was told his first defense would be a rematch with Dan Henderson? read news >>