Alistair Overeem UFC 146 press conferenceFormer K-1, Strikeforce and Dream champion Alistair Overeem is in an uphill battle after having a drug test come back indicating how his testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio was at 14:1, well above the 6:1 limit the Nevada State Athletic Commission allows athletes.

Overeem’s unusually high t/e ratio has produced much controversy in the media and has angered UFC president Dana White immensely.  The day that Overeem drug test result was made public, White was livid.

His anger hasn’t seemed to fade. Following Saturday night’s UFC 145 post-fight press conference, White said, “I have not and I will not (talk to Overeem about the drug test),” after last week saying he didn’t want to talk about it even with reporters, presumably for fear of not being able to keep his emotions in check.

On Friday this week, White announced on twitter that former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir would replace Overeem.  The boss has a business to run and wasn’t about to wait around when he wasn’t too confident in Overeem’s chances of pleading his case before the athletic commission on Tuesday.

“We were right up on deadlines for a lot of things we needed to do to promote a pay-per-view and I’m not very optimistic on Tuesday,” White said.

Overeem’s chances of being licensed by the commission don’t look promising, and losing his title shot is another fatal blow to his career right now, but White isn’t going to risk a title fight on the outcome of his hearing.

While White said, “I do business with Tito; I think I can do business with Alistair,” he wasn’t definitive about Overeem’s future with the UFC.

When asked if the statement about Tito Ortiz meant that Overeem was not in danger of being cut from the roster, White would only say, “I don’t know. We’ll see what happens man.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Wanderlei Silva re-hearing delayed again, fighter's legal rep promised February date

  • 28 days ago
  • 1 views

After yet another delay to a re-hearing on Wanderlei Silva’s lifetime ban, his legal rep pleaded with the Nevada State Athletic Commission to make a decision and was promised one next month. Filed un read news >>

Twitter reacts to Nick Diaz's NSAC hearing, reduced sentence and fine

  • 28 days ago
  • 49 views

After months of waiting, Nick Diaz finally today reached a settlement with the Nevada State Athletic Commission that saw his five-year ban and hefty fine reduced. Check out the reactions.Filed under: read news >>

Holm on underdogs: believe you belong there

  • 6 days ago
  • 0 views

HOLLY HOLM'S ADVICE TO ANYONE WHO'S EVER FELT LIKE AN UNDERDOG By Holly Holm, motto.time.com read news >>

Joseph Benavidez felt better training away from Team Alpha Male, but no split

  • a day ago
  • 9 views

Joseph Benavidez spent much of his training camp for UFC Fight Night 82 away from his longtime Team Alpha Male home. And while that may continue moving forward, it doesn’t mean he’s split from Sacram read news >>