Rick Story occupied the same locker room as Matt Brown during last month’s UFC on FX 4 event. If everything works out, the Tacoma, Wash., native would like to spend some time in the Octagon with “The Immortal” in the near future.

Both welterweights emerged victorious on June 22: Story ended a two-fight losing streak with a decision triumph over UFC rookie Brock Jardine, while Brown stopped Brazilian Luis Ramos with knees and punches at 4:20 of the second round. It was Brown’s third victory of 2012, and Story has taken notice of “The Ultimate Fighter 7” veteran’s recent hot streak.

“I was talking with my coach, and we were discussing opponents,” Story told Sherdog.com. “I want to especially call out Matt Brown. He was looking really good, really crisp. He’s been doing pretty good for himself. I just think that’d be a good matchup.”

It wasn’t that long ago that a six-fight winning streak in the UFC had Story on the brink of title contention in the promotion’s competitive 170-pound division. Consecutive losses to Charlie Brenneman and Martin Kampmann cooled that talk, but after getting a much-needed victory over Jardine, “The Horror” is no longer concerned about his status within the company.

“I don’t feel like I’m on the chopping block now. Each fight that I do I want it to be exciting, and I want the finish,” he said. “When I lost those two fights, I thought for sure that I was gonna be done. But luckily they gave me another chance, and I came out on top.”

With victories over the likes of Johny Hendricks and Thiago Alves during his Octagon tenure -- as well as a triumph over Jake Ellenberger outside the UFC -- Story remains confident that he can work his way back to the top of the weight class.

“The division is stacked, but as far as top people in the division I’ve beat people that are up there...I can beat people at the top,” Story said. “There’s a whole bunch of new people coming into the mix. On any given day the fight could go either way. There’s a bunch of hungry competitors out there that want the belt. I could see the tides changing just based on the day.”

While Story has remained in shape by helping teammates at Brave Legion get ready for fights of their own, he doesn’t have a specific date in mind for his requested clash with Brown. He does want to make it clear that he has no beef with the 31-year-old Ohioan -- Story just likes the way Brown fights.

“I had a couple bumps in my road. He’s making a name for himself again. I just think that would be a good matchup and want to respectfully call him out. I’m not calling him out disrespectfully like other people might tend to do. I just want to put it out there and see what happens,” he said.

Kelvin Gastelum Faces Jorge Masvidal at the TUF: Latin America 3 Finale

Fifth-ranked 170-pound contender Kelvin Gastelum faces battle-tested veteran Jorge Masvidal at The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 3 Finale in Mexico City. read news >>

TUF Latin America 3: Episode 2 Preview

Following a week of introductions as coaches Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin got to know the fighters and make their team selections, the first bout of the latest season of The Ultimate Fighter Lat read news >>

Knockout Radio LIVE: Eddie Gordon, TUF 24’s Matt Schnell, and UFC Hamburg Preview

Tune in Wednesday, Aug. 31, at 6 pm ET, for Knockout Radio LIVE! as they talk with Eddie Gordon and Matt Schnell, preview UFC Fight Night 93, and recap UFC on FOX 21. read news >>

Following Coaching Stint on TUF 24, Gaston Bolanos Takes Aim at Lion Fight Title

Gaston Bolanos will get a chance to challenge for his first major Muay Thai title when he takes on veteran Tum Sityodtong in a Lion Fight lightweight title bout. read news >>

Kyle O’Reilly Embraces the Convergence of Pro Wrestling and MMA

Heading into his match with UFC veteran Matt Riddle, Kyle O'Reilly embraces the convergence of pro wrestling and MMA. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale: Team Benavidez vs Team Cejudo Event Page and Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

TUF 24: Team Benavidez vs. Team Cejudo Finale fight card rumors and start times for Dec. 3, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nevada. read news >>

Chael Sonnen to Bellator: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

Veteran MMA fighter Chael Sonnen has left UFC and signed a multiyear deal with Bellator, Damon Martin of Fox Sports reported Thursday. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed Martin's report. The 39-y read news >>

UFC Adds Veteran MMA Executive Mick Maynard, Promotes Sean Shelby

UFC announced today the hiring of Mick Maynard as Vice President of Talent Relations. Maynard was president and owner of Houston-based Legacy Fighting Championship, an organization that helped launch read news >>

Biggest Upset in TUF History Happened This Week | MMAWeekly.com

Arguably the biggest upset in the history of The Ultimate Fighter happened on the fifth episode of TUF 24: Tournament of Champions, which aired on Wednesday. read news >>

'TUF 24' contestant Brandon Moreno in for Pettis, meets Louis Smolka at UFC Fight Night 96

Louis Smolka has had a busy day. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>