Rick Story occupied the same locker room as Matt Brown during last month’s UFC on FX 4 event. If everything works out, the Tacoma, Wash., native would like to spend some time in the Octagon with “The Immortal” in the near future.

Both welterweights emerged victorious on June 22: Story ended a two-fight losing streak with a decision triumph over UFC rookie Brock Jardine, while Brown stopped Brazilian Luis Ramos with knees and punches at 4:20 of the second round. It was Brown’s third victory of 2012, and Story has taken notice of “The Ultimate Fighter 7” veteran’s recent hot streak.

“I was talking with my coach, and we were discussing opponents,” Story told Sherdog.com. “I want to especially call out Matt Brown. He was looking really good, really crisp. He’s been doing pretty good for himself. I just think that’d be a good matchup.”

It wasn’t that long ago that a six-fight winning streak in the UFC had Story on the brink of title contention in the promotion’s competitive 170-pound division. Consecutive losses to Charlie Brenneman and Martin Kampmann cooled that talk, but after getting a much-needed victory over Jardine, “The Horror” is no longer concerned about his status within the company.

“I don’t feel like I’m on the chopping block now. Each fight that I do I want it to be exciting, and I want the finish,” he said. “When I lost those two fights, I thought for sure that I was gonna be done. But luckily they gave me another chance, and I came out on top.”

With victories over the likes of Johny Hendricks and Thiago Alves during his Octagon tenure -- as well as a triumph over Jake Ellenberger outside the UFC -- Story remains confident that he can work his way back to the top of the weight class.

“The division is stacked, but as far as top people in the division I’ve beat people that are up there...I can beat people at the top,” Story said. “There’s a whole bunch of new people coming into the mix. On any given day the fight could go either way. There’s a bunch of hungry competitors out there that want the belt. I could see the tides changing just based on the day.”

While Story has remained in shape by helping teammates at Brave Legion get ready for fights of their own, he doesn’t have a specific date in mind for his requested clash with Brown. He does want to make it clear that he has no beef with the 31-year-old Ohioan -- Story just likes the way Brown fights.

“I had a couple bumps in my road. He’s making a name for himself again. I just think that would be a good matchup and want to respectfully call him out. I’m not calling him out disrespectfully like other people might tend to do. I just want to put it out there and see what happens,” he said.

'TUF 17' veteran Luke Barnatt announces release from UFC after three-fight skid

Luke Barnatt, the top pick on Season 17 of “The Ultimate Fighter” and winner of his first three UFC bouts, has been released from the UFC.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Uriah Hall steps in to face Krzysztof Jotko at UFC Fight Night Berlin

The TUF 17 veteran replaces Derek Brunson, who pulled out with a rib injury. Another alteration has occurred to the UFC Fight Night: Jedrzejczyk vs. Penne event, as Derek Brunson pulled out of his fi read news >>

Kimbo Slice: Suicidal Shamrock is scared, will get jumped in locker room if he p---ys out

Tough words from the street fighter turned professional MMA and boxing athlete Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson during this week's Bellator 138 media conference call. Suicide is (regrettably) back in the read news >>

Johnny Case's post-UFC 188 dig at opponent: 'Have a long walk to the locker room'

Johnny Case got the win at Saturday’s UFC 188 event, but after some post-fight criticism from his opponent, he issued a little dig of his own.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Erick Silva vs. Rick Story among three fights removed from TUF Brazil 4 Finale

Next week's TUF Brazil 4 Finale ... isn't going to be a TUF Brazil 4 Finale after all. You'll have to follow me closely on this story. The 4th season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil was filmed entirel read news >>

'TUF 1' and 25-fight UFC veteran Josh Koscheck signs with Bellator

Three months after the MMA world wondered if a fifth straight loss was going to lead to retirement for Josh Koscheck, it has its answer: Nope.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, UFC read news >>

'TUF 21: ATT vs. Blackzilians' blog: Michael Graves on episode No. 7

In his weekly blog for MMAjunkie, “The Ultimate Fighter 21? cast member and American Top Team representative Michael Graves discusses the season’s seventh episode.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

TUF 21 American Top Team vs. Blackzilians: Episode 7 Recap and Results

Following its first victory of the season, American Top Team already dropped the ball last episode. On this episode of The Ultimate Fighter 21, it looks to regain home-gym advantage from the dominati read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 21 live discussion: Episode 7

Tonight, we have you covered for live coverage of episode 7 of The Ultimate Fighter. TUF: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians airs tonight at 10 pm on Fox Sports 1. Join us here for live discussion. T read news >>

Latest Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 Finale fight card and rumors for 'Ellenberger vs. Thompson' on July 12 in Las Vegas

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 Finale, which settles the final score between American Top Team (ATT) and Blackzilians, caps off International Fight Week on Sunday, July 12, 2015 inside MGM Grand Garde read news >>