Rick Story occupied the same locker room as Matt Brown during last month’s UFC on FX 4 event. If everything works out, the Tacoma, Wash., native would like to spend some time in the Octagon with “The Immortal” in the near future.

Both welterweights emerged victorious on June 22: Story ended a two-fight losing streak with a decision triumph over UFC rookie Brock Jardine, while Brown stopped Brazilian Luis Ramos with knees and punches at 4:20 of the second round. It was Brown’s third victory of 2012, and Story has taken notice of “The Ultimate Fighter 7” veteran’s recent hot streak.

“I was talking with my coach, and we were discussing opponents,” Story told Sherdog.com. “I want to especially call out Matt Brown. He was looking really good, really crisp. He’s been doing pretty good for himself. I just think that’d be a good matchup.”

It wasn’t that long ago that a six-fight winning streak in the UFC had Story on the brink of title contention in the promotion’s competitive 170-pound division. Consecutive losses to Charlie Brenneman and Martin Kampmann cooled that talk, but after getting a much-needed victory over Jardine, “The Horror” is no longer concerned about his status within the company.

“I don’t feel like I’m on the chopping block now. Each fight that I do I want it to be exciting, and I want the finish,” he said. “When I lost those two fights, I thought for sure that I was gonna be done. But luckily they gave me another chance, and I came out on top.”

With victories over the likes of Johny Hendricks and Thiago Alves during his Octagon tenure -- as well as a triumph over Jake Ellenberger outside the UFC -- Story remains confident that he can work his way back to the top of the weight class.

“The division is stacked, but as far as top people in the division I’ve beat people that are up there...I can beat people at the top,” Story said. “There’s a whole bunch of new people coming into the mix. On any given day the fight could go either way. There’s a bunch of hungry competitors out there that want the belt. I could see the tides changing just based on the day.”

While Story has remained in shape by helping teammates at Brave Legion get ready for fights of their own, he doesn’t have a specific date in mind for his requested clash with Brown. He does want to make it clear that he has no beef with the 31-year-old Ohioan -- Story just likes the way Brown fights.

“I had a couple bumps in my road. He’s making a name for himself again. I just think that would be a good matchup and want to respectfully call him out. I’m not calling him out disrespectfully like other people might tend to do. I just want to put it out there and see what happens,” he said.

WWE’s Roman Reigns Dares Conor McGregor to Enter ‘My Locker Room’

Apparently Roman Reigns does know how to talk trash, just as long as it's to Conor McGregor. read news >>

Where Are They Now? Episode 6: Shonie Carter

Shonie Carter showed up to the Comeback season of TUF with a suitcase of neon shirts and an even louder personality. What’s he been doing since? read news >>

UFC 202 Primer: Donald Cerrone vs. Rick Story Head-to-Toe Breakdown

Donald Cerrone's (30-7, 1 NC) rise as a welterweight contender will be put to the test at UFC 202, where he'll square off against Rick Story (19-8). Cerrone finished 2015 with a disappointing result read news >>

10 Reasons Why You Would Be A Fool to Miss SummerSlam

You won't find 170-pound men flicking water bottles across a room, but SummerSlam will bring 240-pound men flying through the air, through ropes and, hopefully, through tables. read news >>

Donald Cerrone vs. Rick Story Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 202

Donald Cerrone is starting to gain steam as a welterweight. The longtime lightweight contender picked up his third consecutive victory in the 170-pound division with a second-round technical knockout read news >>

UFC 202 Results: Donald Cerrone Picture Perfect in TKO of Rick Story

Donald Cerrone's welterweight hot streak continued at UFC 202 on Saturday night with a picture-perfect finish of Rick Story. read news >>

UFC 202 Fight Highlights: Donald Cerrone Finishes Rick Story with Stunning Combination

Check out the UFC 202 fight highlights from the bout between Donald Cerrone and Rick Story. read news >>

UFC on Fox 21 Free Fight Video: Demian Maia’s Submission Win Over Rick Story

• 18 hours ago

Demian Maia earned a quick first-round submission when he defeated Rick Story at UFC 153. Maia takes on Carlos Condit in the UFC on FOX 21 main event. read news >>

UFC 201 Embedded, Episode 4: It’s Getting Fast and Furious

Rose Namajunas’ pet forces welterweight Matt Brown to confront his fear of dogs, and Tyron Woodley gets his fast and furious on. read news >>

UFC 201 Results: Underdog Jake Ellenberger Stops Matt Brown in the First

Jake Ellenberger picked up a big win on Saturday, stopping Matt Brown in the first round of their fight at UFC 201 in Atlanta. read news >>